New AIF game Magician's Nephew

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: New AIF game Magician's Nephew

Postby Greebo » Fri, 14May30 10:26

I don't understand the problem with yahoo registration -- my main email has been with them for well over a decade, and I've had no noticeable issues with them over all that time (apart from the way they occasionally drastically and unnecessarily change the look and feel of their mail client without considering the preferences of their users -- if I want a gmail type interface I'll use my gmail account!)

You don't have to sell your soul or sacrifice your first-born, you know?
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby Sallow » Fri, 14May30 12:27

I just don't feel like creating an account just to get ONE game and then never using it again, especially not when I need to give them my phone number.
Sallow
sirens hunter

Postby LRM » Fri, 14May30 15:49

(your Area Code) your exchange-1112 = Directory assistance! I don't give out my phone either!
I had many years ago a second line for my dial up modem and kids. I no longer have that line/number, but all my Safeway, Fred Meyer, etc. club cards do!
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Sallow » Fri, 14May30 16:39

I'm from Denmark, not sure that will work and i still prefer not having an account I'm not using (already have too many of those).
Sallow
sirens hunter

Postby redle » Fri, 14May30 22:33

@greebo
I had an account on yahoo for years as well without issues. Their policy for new accounts has changed recently (and something happened to my old account that somehow forced me to 're-apply' or lose the account). The issue is, they now demand a mobile phone number, and I'm not interested in giving them one.

@LRM
As I said last time, I tried all my usual tricks to get around the requested phone number to no avail. Yes, one of them was to give them the directory assistance phone number. That does not work. First the software is smart enough to know that that number is not a 'mobile' number (and it fails you instantly). Second, from what I can tell, an SMS message is sent to whatever number you give it and one must give proof of receiving said message before activating the account (same as the old, provide an email and click the link inside to continue, but with a phone message). I haven't actually given a valid number, so I can't rightly say with certainty how they do the message.

I appreciate the suggestion, but it is a failed solution.
redle
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Fri, 14May30 22:51

I don't own a cell phone! I'm going to die having never owned one! I don't remember how I got around the mobile question, but I did. I've met quite a few mobile owners that I wanted to murder!!!
Lou
If all else fails, I can always fall back on the second line number I had. I might even open a phone book and randomly choose a non-mobil number.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby redle » Fri, 14May30 22:59

I'd love a workaround. Just haven't been able to find one. If you think of what you did, let us know. Although it's possible that as a fairly recent addition to the login creation, that they have been steadily 'improving' it. Perhaps whatever loophole you jumped through yesterday no longer exists today. (and it claims it will send a verification code... so random numbers, mobile or not, won't get me that code)
redle
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Sat, 14May31 01:26

Sallow wrote:I just don't feel like creating an account just to get ONE game and then never using it again, especially not when I need to give them my phone number.

Have they changed things? I've never given them my phone number! Perhaps they tried getting me to give it to them under the pretense of improving security at some point, but I don't give in to crap like that.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 14May31 03:43

Greebo wrote:
Sallow wrote:I just don't feel like creating an account just to get ONE game and then never using it again, especially not when I need to give them my phone number.

Have they changed things? I've never given them my phone number! Perhaps they tried getting me to give it to them under the pretense of improving security at some point, but I don't give in to crap like that.

I can only speak from my own experience, but although I've never been forced to supply a cellphone number for my existing Yahoo! email address (although I've certainly been prompted to) when I tried to set up a Yahoo! account for a different email address as a test just now, providing a cellphone number was mandatory.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Mimailia » Sat, 14May31 11:08

It's been painfully obvious to me for a while now that Marissa Mayer still works for Google. Yahoo has been imploding itself since she took over. Til then, she sure is easy on the eyes.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby redle » Sun, 14Jun01 04:27

Greebo wrote:

Have they changed things? I've never given them my phone number! Perhaps they tried getting me to give it to them under the pretense of improving security at some point,

Yep, it's a fairly new 'improvement'.
Greebo wrote:but I don't give in to crap like that.

And thus the reason for the requests to get us the game some other way.
redle
star of the reef

Postby karrek » Sun, 14Jun01 05:17

Greebo wrote:

Yeah, it's started asking me for it about every other time I log in, but it still lets me say "Remind me later" and doesn't actually make me enter one.
karrek
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Sun, 14Jun01 08:21

if somebody could get in contact with the developer of the game itself and ask if it would be ok to mirror the game i'm willing to do so :)
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby Morgwen » Sun, 14Jun01 08:52

Venom wrote:if somebody could get in contact with the developer of the game itself and ask if it would be ok to mirror the game i'm willing to do so :)

You can ask him directly:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/aif ... ages/21790

Yes I know you need a yahoo acount, but its the fastest way...
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Sun, 14Jun01 18:21

email accounts on yahoo are partially hiden
Venom
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games