New AIF game Magician's Nephew

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

New AIF game Magician's Nephew

Postby bredster » Sat, 13May25 04:53

Hi, some time ago was release new AIF game Magician's Nephew. I didn't see ant topic about it, so i want tell about it.

The game can be found on yahoo AIF group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aifarchive/ in file section.

This is a non-yahoo link to the "Magician's Nephew" It's pasted here with permission of the author
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4jxz7l16k26u ... 20V1.0.zip
LRM
bredster
great white shark

Re: New AIF game Magician's Nephew

Postby montyx » Sat, 13May25 12:58

THX
montyx
sirens hunter

Postby Venom » Sat, 13May25 16:12

Are the release numbers steady by now? Or is he/she still updating the game?
Venom
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby bredster » Sat, 13May25 16:25

The release number is 4 now,
bredster
great white shark

Postby Danos1975 » Sun, 13May26 07:03

This is actually a really damn cool game. It has a ton of variability. A few guess the verb problems, but overall a very interesting game.
Danos1975
great white shark

Postby Venom » Sun, 13May26 18:36

Are there any reviews or story trailer available
what's is it all about?
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Sun, 13May26 20:43

Played around with it a bit yesterday. Basically you are a budding magician wanting to follow in the footsteps of your once, at least semi, famous uncle. You've never performed a day in your life. That being said, you've got your uncle's notebook which contains descriptions of how to do nearly every stage trick known to man, and you have the starter's-kit set of equipment to get you going.

The core of the game seems to be to 'collect' female assistants and have fun with them. Performing tricks with them seems to turn them on, and open up side quests with the assistants involved in any particular show. As the game progresses, you unlock more equipment, allowing a wider range of tricks available for you to perform. Achievements are gained each time any assistant performs a new-to-her trick, or new sexual interaction.

The file size led me to expect that there would be images, although I've yet to see one. There are a scattering of typos, some guess the verbs (as was already mentioned), and a few other frustrating gotchas that pop up from time to time. That being said, the typos are never bad enough to prevent understanding. Guess the verbs are mostly par for the course in this sort of game. And the other gotchas, so far I haven't hit one that I couldn't eventually get past, even if they do tax one's patience.

I would suggest saving fairly often. As once or twice I've run into a semi-abrupt game over. Also, while most events are, look and try until you succeed, a few events are 'timed'.

Not actually from the game, but to explain what I mean by timed, consider you have 3 turns to save yourself from a burning room:
The room is on fire. Hurry, hurry, get out. >stnd up, I don't understand the word stnd. The fire spreads towards the doorway.; >stand up, I don't know how to do that at this time. The heat is increasing and the air is filled with smoke.; >get off the chair, You are on your feet as the fire rages all around you. You perish in the flames.

Those negatives being said, overall the game is pretty intriguing. The quests add some fun puzzles to the game. Choosing between various tricks and assistants creates a number of different branching possibilities to explore. As I said to start, only just started playing. So this is more of a first-impression type review. But hopefully it's a decent enough answer to 'is it something worth me bothering to check-out'. (Oh, and by the way, it's a text adventure, and you need a gblorb player to play it)
redle
star of the reef

Postby Frank » Mon, 13May27 00:34

Any way to get this w/o being a yahooligan?
Frank
great white shark

Postby PapaSmurf » Mon, 13May27 02:07

i can't find the game looked everywhere in files [img]images/icones/icon4.gif[/img]
PapaSmurf
lagoon predator

Postby fensome7 » Mon, 13May27 04:42

PapaSmurf wrote:i can't find the game looked everywhere in files [img]images/icones/icon4.gif[/img]

It is/was in the files. Go to the inform game files and it should be there called "Magician'sNephewR4.zip" it took me almost an hour of searching through all the comments to finally locate it, but it was there yesterday.
Hope you find it.

As far as i know you can only get it from the yahoo files ATM. Hopefully somebody else knows better.
fensome7
great white shark

Postby PapaSmurf » Mon, 13May27 05:44

fensome7 wrote:
PapaSmurf wrote:i can't find the game looked everywhere in files [img]images/icones/icon4.gif[/img]

It is/was in the files. Go to the inform game files and it should be there called "Magician'sNephewR4.zip" it took me almost an hour of searching through all the comments to finally locate it, but it was there yesterday.
Hope you find it.

As far as i know you can only get it from the yahoo files ATM. Hopefully somebody else knows better.

Thx fen i found it right after i posted took me also a hr lol
PapaSmurf
lagoon predator

Postby nvtsbamf » Tue, 13May28 18:34

tried it for a bit, im lost.

during the first audition, i got the scrap book, got the girl inside the spiker, but now she wont get out. im guessing there's some command i need to do while she's in the spiker before she will exit. any help?
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby PapaSmurf » Tue, 13May28 20:18

nvtsbamf wrote:tried it for a bit, im lost.

during the first audition, i got the scrap book, got the girl inside the spiker, but now she wont get out. im guessing there's some command i need to do while she's in the spiker before she will exit. any help?

talk to jane
PapaSmurf
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Tue, 13May28 21:29

nvtsbamf wrote:tried it for a bit, im lost.

She won't get out until you've successfully completed the trick. There are 2 possible gotchas on that one. The first, you need to push the spikes twice in a row to actually push them through her (once doesn't complete it). The second is 'jane, exit' to actually tell her to step out if everything has already been completed.
redle
star of the reef

Postby nvtsbamf » Wed, 13May29 06:03

ok, now i know how tricks work. trying to figure out something else

with jane as my assistant, i went to her house after the first show and gave her 2 wine coolers, asked her about netball, and now im stuck. she says she wants to do something, but i dont know what to try next

and 2 seconds later i finally get it. im sure ill get stuck again soon

so, i got her to change. im guessing im supposed to perform the "impromptu" trick, but i cant get her to lie on anything. so maybe that's not it
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Next

Return to Free sexy games