New AIF game Magician's Nephew

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: New AIF game Magician's Nephew

Postby Morgwen » Fri, 13Jun14 11:58

bigchief wrote:I had the same problem quite often. I think the way around that bug is to say Jane, prepare levitation ( or whoever the assistant is) rather than say prepare levitation. worked for me on a number of occasions anyway

Which bug? You decribed the inform syntax. If you want that your assistant does sonething, the syntax is "assistant, prepare levitation" if you want to do it yourself, just type "prepare levitation".

Perhaps its a good idea to read the general help for inform:

http://inform7.com/learn/documents/I7_syntax.txt
Morgwen
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby bigchief » Fri, 13Jun14 16:06

The point being if you prepare it yourself I often got the bug of 'Jane has better things to do' when asking her to lie on the table. If Jane prepares the trick then she tends to lie down without a problem. Oryxo said he was having trouble getting the assistant to lie on the table, so I suggested .....
bigchief
great white shark

Postby Mimailia » Fri, 13Jun14 17:48

I never had that problem using "enter" as the verb.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby redle » Fri, 13Jun14 21:01

Morgwen wrote:
bigchief wrote:I had the same problem quite often. I think the way around that bug is to say Jane, prepare levitation ( or whoever the assistant is) rather than say prepare levitation. worked for me on a number of occasions anyway

Which bug? You decribed the inform syntax. If you want that your assistant does sonething, the syntax is "assistant, prepare levitation" if you want to do it yourself, just type "prepare levitation".

Perhaps its a good idea to read the general help for inform:

http://inform7.com/learn/documents/I7_syntax.txt

That's why I made the comment about the assistant remaining off-stage. Chief's comment about having the assistant prepare the levitation is a workaround to not run into the bug. Everything starts backstage at the beginning of a performance. If you prepare a trick, you are transferred onto the stage with the trick. Sometimes the assistant remains backstage. Giving her commands at that point will fail because she is not in the same area as you (although the error messages are often more along the lines of, she doesn't want to; rather than, she can't hear you because she isn't here).

The bug is that the game makes you leave the backstage area without also making the assistant leave the area. If the assistant is made to prepare the first trick, then the assistant always seems to move to the stage.

There is another bug of course. That being that the error messages don't give proper feedback. When the game currently says things like, Jane has better things to do, the implication is that Jane heard the command; understood the command; but is not willing to do the command. So people try various other commands trying to find one she will do. They don't look to see that she didn't 'hear' it, because the game already gave feedback claiming she did.
redle
star of the reef

Postby commanderdie » Mon, 13Jun17 04:55

redle wrote:
commanderdie wrote:How do I check my email so I may sleep? lol.

x pc (examine pc)

I just got around to trying the game again, it seems when you first enter your office and turn on the pc, the game states "[ You can read an item of email with read subject substituting the subject of the message.]". Which worked, srry for being a noob and missing that, but thx for replying to my call for help.
commanderdie
Pilot fish

Postby Morgwen » Mon, 13Jun17 08:04

commanderdie wrote:
redle wrote:
commanderdie wrote:How do I check my email so I may sleep? lol.

x pc (examine pc)

I just got around to trying the game again, it seems when you first enter your office and turn on the pc, the game states "[ You can read an item of email with read subject substituting the subject of the message.]". Which worked, srry for being a noob and missing that, but thx for replying to my call for help.

Yes it works the first time, but the next time you have to turn off the pc and turn it on again... or leave the PC on and just type "x pc".
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby superquinn » Sun, 13Jun23 21:07

Any clues on where the oil disappears to after leaving the beach? It's in my inventory at the beach just before the car park
but when I arrive home I only have the white bikini bottom :??:
superquinn
Pilot fish

Postby zebrotavr » Mon, 13Jun24 06:25

could anyone upload this game at another source? the link to aif is broken now...
zebrotavr
great white shark

Postby PapaSmurf » Mon, 13Jun24 07:49

PapaSmurf
lagoon predator

Postby bredster » Tue, 13Jun25 06:47

I can't done photoshot session with max, i done the change clothes, but can't complite this session. Can anyone help me with it please?
bredster
great white shark

Postby zebrotavr » Tue, 13Jun25 22:43

PapaSmurf wrote:http://rapidgator.net/file/ad390d36ed380c750bfbdc08934a16a9/Release.rar.html

Hm the whole site is unavailable....
zebrotavr
great white shark

Postby zebrotavr » Sat, 13Jun29 23:43

i got the message that now i can "add trick to performance" but when i type the thing i recieve "Than noun did not make sense in this context" Also i can't sleep. What exactly should i do?
zebrotavr
great white shark

Postby Mimailia » Sun, 13Jun30 11:54

zebrotavr wrote:i got the message that now i can "add trick to performance" but when i type the thing i recieve "Than noun did not make sense in this context" Also i can't sleep. What exactly should i do?

Are you in the ??store room?? To add illusions or costumes, you have to be in the appropriate rooms.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby zebrotavr » Sun, 13Jul07 21:56

ok i add costumes, tricks, assistant...
what else should i do before sleep?
zebrotavr
great white shark

Postby wagner » Mon, 13Jul08 05:28

Once you're prepared, head south. All venues are immediately across the street from your office.
wagner
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games