New AIF game Magician's Nephew

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: New AIF game Magician's Nephew

Postby magnilan » Sun, 14Apr20 15:51

After the second performance at club K, ran into a bug. If I responded to the drink query, marko shows up, where if I accept his proposition the game will end in an odd way with jane showing up. If I said Hi to ilara instead, will lead me to Max's photoshoot. How do i navigate this?
magnilan
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Mon, 14Apr21 11:31

magnilan wrote:After the second performance at club K, ran into a bug. If I responded to the drink query, marko shows up, where if I accept his proposition the game will end in an odd way with jane showing up. If I said Hi to ilara instead, will lead me to Max's photoshoot. How do i navigate this?

I don't actually know the answer to this question, but if you run into a bug or something that seems like a bug you should email the author. I don't know if it's actually been mentioned, but this was an open beta release. The full (and fully tested) version should be out some time this year.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby magnilan » Mon, 14Apr21 15:59

I see. Was wondering if it was a bug. Reloaded the game again today and proceeded past that without issue. Guess i should hold off till the game has been finalised. Thanks.
magnilan
great white shark

Postby Dole » Wed, 14May07 13:34

Version 1.0 is out

The game can be found on yahoo AIF group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aifarchive/ in file section.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby redle » Wed, 14May07 21:40

Anyone have an alternate link, or willing to ask mister flibble to post it elsewhere? Ever since yahoo started demanding phone numbers, which I'm not interested in giving them, I lost access to posting and files.
redle
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Wed, 14May07 23:14

redle wrote:Anyone have an alternate link, or willing to ask mister flibble to post it elsewhere? Ever since yahoo started demanding phone numbers, which I'm not interested in giving them, I lost access to posting and files.

I don't know it'll work with Yahoo but, when something demands a phone my favorite is (area code) exchange-1112 (operator assistance - white pages).
Got Wood?
LRM

sex: Masculine

Postby Trucla » Thu, 14May08 00:09

redle wrote:Anyone have an alternate link, or willing to ask mister flibble to post it elsewhere? Ever since yahoo started demanding phone numbers, which I'm not interested in giving them, I lost access to posting and files.
That's rather strange,,, I'm a member there and as far as I remember they never asked for my phone number. If they asked I've never given it to them. Gmail asked and I've found (don't ask me how, as I don't remember) on the same page a workaround for not being bothered anymore with such invasion of privacy.
Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby FedoraMan » Thu, 14May08 00:14

Ok, I'm feeling really stupid. I've just started the game, Jane has shown up for her interview, and I can't get her to do anything.

I've gotten the scrap book, I've done "read scrap book" and "consult scrap book on spiker". No variation of "tell jane about scrap book" or "tell jane about spiker" or "show scrap book to jane" seems to do anything, my only option when I use "talk to Jane" is "1] Say nothing", using "Jane, enter" does nothing, I can't use the Spiker ...

Like I said, I'm going slightly nuts with the first damn interaction, and feeling quite silly about it.
FedoraMan
great white shark

Postby redle » Thu, 14May08 00:36

Trucla wrote:
That's rather strange,,, I'm a member there and as far as I remember they never asked for my phone number. If they asked I've never given it to them. Gmail asked and I've found (don't ask me how, as I don't remember) on the same page a workaround for not being bothered anymore with such invasion of privacy.
Cheers!

It's a fairly new change to the policy (best guess would be 2-3 months old). And yes, I used to be a member there also without a phone number. I had an issue with needing to reset my password there one day and that's when I became forced to "adjust" to the new policy. I believe so long as you don't have any login problems, you can continue just fine without giving a phone number. Yahoo now demands, not just any phone number, but a mobile phone number. It claims the right to verify the number prior to them giving you access (and I've tried a few of my usual workarounds to avoid supplying my number to no avail).

In other words... Yahoo just won't be used anymore by me, but thanks for the suggestions anyway.
redle
star of the reef

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 14May08 01:24

FedoraMan wrote:Ok, I'm feeling really stupid. I've just started the game, Jane has shown up for her interview, and I can't get her to do anything.

I've gotten the scrap book, I've done "read scrap book" and "consult scrap book on spiker". No variation of "tell jane about scrap book" or "tell jane about spiker" or "show scrap book to jane" seems to do anything, my only option when I use "talk to Jane" is "1] Say nothing", using "Jane, enter" does nothing, I can't use the Spiker ...

Like I said, I'm going slightly nuts with the first damn interaction, and feeling quite silly about it.

Is she in the spiker? What have you said to her up to this point?

You should get an option to show her the scrap book to reassure her as one of the 'talk to' options

Starting walkthrough:
go to your office
get the scrap book from the cabinet
get the raincoat
go to the foyer and wait for Jane
talk to jane: introduce yourself and explain about the job and the audition
you'll now be moved to the practice space
talk to jane: reassure her a couple of times and then you'll be given an option to show her the scrap book (or look for it if you don't have it)

I haven't experimented with the different conversation options, so I don't know how much effect they have. I'm generally honest though.
Last edited by ExLibris on Thu, 14May08 01:35, edited 2 times in total.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 14May08 01:30

redle wrote:
Trucla wrote:
Cheers!

It's a fairly new change to the policy (best guess would be 2-3 months old). And yes, I used to be a member there also without a phone number. I had an issue with needing to reset my password there one day and that's when I became forced to "adjust" to the new policy. I believe so long as you don't have any login problems, you can continue just fine without giving a phone number. Yahoo now demands, not just any phone number, but a mobile phone number. It claims the right to verify the number prior to them giving you access (and I've tried a few of my usual workarounds to avoid supplying my number to no avail).

In other words... Yahoo just won't be used anymore by me, but thanks for the suggestions anyway.

That is strange. I've reset my Yahoo password recently and I wasn't forced to provide a cellphone number.

Magician's Nephew should be reposted at aifcommunity.org (which is the main repository for AIF games) at some point, but I don't know when.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby FedoraMan » Thu, 14May08 02:13

Thanks for the help, ExLibris. It appears I may have found a bug:

I hadn't gotten the raincoat. I did have the scrap book, but the option to show it to Jane never appeared in the dialog options.
FedoraMan
great white shark

Postby Nezumi » Thu, 14May08 08:30

I enjoyed the partial version released however long ago it was so I am looking forward to playing the full game over the weekend although I am a little bit disappointed that there are no pictures. Even just a few pics showing off the models outside of the tricks would have been nice.
Nezumi
great white shark

Postby Dole » Thu, 14May08 09:30

FedoraMan wrote:Thanks for the help, ExLibris. It appears I may have found a bug:

I hadn't gotten the raincoat. I did have the scrap book, but the option to show it to Jane never appeared in the dialog options.

When you told her for example you have done it before or so you don´t show the scrap book !!! The answers depends what you told her so read it before maybe save and restore to see the difference.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 14May08 11:23

FedoraMan wrote:Thanks for the help, ExLibris. It appears I may have found a bug:

The raincoat is optional, and not used until after Jane has tried out the spiker
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games