The Scion's Desire (Windows, MAC & Linux)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

The Scion's Desire (Windows, MAC & Linux)

Postby fleet » Sat, 13May04 16:20

EDIT: Updated to version 5 (fix bugs that caused crashes when mouse is clicked too rapidly)

Download->https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B2xwa6LsMHzmb3BvQkxCZFEzRms&export=download

If the above download link does not work, you can get the visual novel from http://www.wolflore.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1760. Free registration is required to download from there.

If neither of the above links work, send me a PM.

EDIT: MAJOR UPDATE 9 JAN 2016: This VN will now work on MAC, Linux, and Windows computers. Kudos to kexter for the conversion!
System requirements: A web browser that is capable of playing HTML 5. This has been tested using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera, on a PC running Windows 7. It has also been tested on a MAC system using Safari, Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome, and on a Linux system using Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome browsers.

You can now give you Saved games a unique name (fixes problem identified by kessie8yl in third post of the thread)

To run the visual novel, unzip the compressed file in a new folder on your computer, then open the index.html file.

Note that game-play is unchanged from the original windows version.

Known issues:
1. There are screen size and save/load misalignment issues with Internet Explorer 11. While the game is playable, I recommend you use another browser.
2. On a Linux system using Chrome, you might get a blank black screen. This can be fixed by telling Chrome to allow the game to set local data.
3. Depending on your browser and browser settings, save game information may disappear when you close your browser.

Note: Rapidly clicking to skip dialog may cause the VN to crash, or skip visuals.

The Scion's Desire is a visual novel/game that I wrote. Do not upload it anywhere without my permission.

Life is complicated. It gets even more complicated when you try to take it into your own hands.
Young Dr. Victor Frankenstein (a scion of his infamous namesake) has been looking for love in all the wrong places. Lonely and desperate, he begins drifting toward the idea of creating the Perfect Woman to meet his desires.
You, the Player, determine the outcome, through the choices you make concerning Victor's actions.
Will he succeed in playing God, or will his arrogance only destroy him? Can your choices bring him success and future happiness, or only continued failure? Can your choices help prevent him from "crossing the line" into the unthinkable? And if not, what will happen then?
You will make the decisions. [And, unlike Real Life, you can always go back, make different choices, and see how that works out...]

There are six endings.

You are not authorized to upload this game to any other site for sharing without specific permission from me. You can contact me via private message here at the lagoon.
Last edited by fleet on Sat, 22May28 01:43, edited 24 times in total.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Re: The Scion's Desire (a visual novel)

Postby Rikwar » Sat, 13May04 18:03

Thanks fleet looks interesting, just did the download and will play it tonight [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby kessie8yl » Sun, 13May05 11:44

Yes. What about foreplay?

The choice of package means the graphics aren't great and play is basically "click-click-click wait click-click-click". I get so bored clicking I've had to restart several times because I've missed the option and ended up clicking the "wrong" one again.

There is too little feedback from the actions
eg: The response to bypassing procedures at the coroner's office is the same whatever you answer... It possibly (probably) makes some difference later but surely there should be a hint of that in Janette's response
. This lack of any "steer" from characters makes it too easy to get stuck in a loop and the repetitive clicking deters me from starting over.

Before anyone suggest it - Yes, I know you can save the game but you can't name the saved games so it's hard to remember which options you have played so far... The outcome of your actions often doesn't become apparent until several choices later. Sometimes a decision prevents certain options becoming available but you've no idea of that when you're playing that option for the first time. You cannot possibly know which decision caused you to reach a bad end, so what's the use of going back to a saved game?

The scenes in the bar are annoying - Are they there just to make a point that Victor's not having much luck with the girls? If so it would be easier just to say that in the introduction and save us a whole lot of clicking when we restart. I'm guessing some choices here also affect the outcome of the game but it is impossible to logically decide which choices will help you to progress because you've only just started playing, don't know who anyone is and the game isn't giving you any clues. I've played part this through numerous times and I still can't work out who these people are. "Interchangeable Emmas" perhaps? :)

It seems odd that Victor seems to encounter 2 girlfriends of the same wrestler - or is the girl in the bar supposed to be the same girl at the funeral home? The graphics aren't good enough to tell for sure (names should always be mentioned in dialogue for clarity). If they are the same girl it doesn't look good when the characters don't recognise each other when they meet again. That sort of thing would be a sign the game has probably been written more to satisfy a need in the developer as such things make the player uncertain as to how much the plot continuity can be relied upon.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby fleet » Sun, 13May05 19:32

[quote="kessie8yl"][/quote]

I'm sorry you didn't like it, and that you found it boring.
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby kessie8yl » Sun, 13May05 23:13

fleet wrote:
kessie8yl wrote:

The boring bit is all the clicking you have to do every time you start over... If there was a better system for saving the game it wouldn't be so bad because you could save a game before each option (including a description) and then go back and try a different one if you get to a bad end.. but clicking through page after page of dialogue for the ***teenth time isn't my idea of fun. Sorry
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby katakana132 » Sun, 13May05 23:32

I had no problem saving at every choice screen, so that I could go back to whichever set of choices I want and try a different path. There are enough slots to save every choice screen from what I've found. That cuts down ont he amount of reading/clicking.

The issue I'm running into is that during the ending where he marries Pygmalion, the novel keeps freezing then closing during their second round of sex and I never get to the end. When she mounts him and says she will go faster, it freezes everytime.
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby Guntag » Mon, 13May06 00:11

kessie8yl wrote:
fleet wrote:
kessie8yl wrote:

The boring bit is all the clicking you have to do every time you start over... If there was a better system for saving the game it wouldn't be so bad because you could save a game before each option (including a description) and then go back and try a different one if you get to a bad end.. but clicking through page after page of dialogue for the ***teenth time isn't my idea of fun. Sorry

At least you can save ! Do you also mind in LoP games when you have to restart from the very begining every time and click through everything also ? (No offense to the LoP team, I really enjoy your games but I don't like double standards).

Fleet, I enjoyed the original setting of your game !

I expected more emphasis on the "creature" (maybe different personalities or a longer development of the story after her creation) and was surprised to see many other "normal" girls (even if Janette fits really well into the story and her branch makes really sense). I guess you wanted to offer variety (or wanted to use them as red herrings) and I usually like this, but for this very story a focus on its unique characters (Victor and Pygmalion) would have been really nice ! We don't encounter such characters in every game (unlike the "vanilla" girls)

The pictures are nice, but not a big fan of the animations. I'm quite picky with animations and in general I prefer games without animations unless they are of very high quality. But this is not a big deal, the story and pictures come first and the animation don't waste your work in my eyes, don't worry !

I also really enjoy that you start using male main characters !
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby fleet » Mon, 13May06 02:00

katakana132 wrote:I had no problem saving at every choice screen, so that I could go back to whichever set of choices I want and try a different path. There are enough slots to save every choice screen from what I've found. That cuts down ont he amount of reading/clicking.

The issue I'm running into is that during the ending where he marries Pygmalion, the novel keeps freezing then closing during their second round of sex and I never get to the end. When she mounts him and says she will go faster, it freezes everytime.

Since I don't know your system specs, I can only offer some 'generic' advice.
Try this first. Save the visual novel immediately prior to the trouble spot, then close the visual novel completely. Shut down your PC and restart it. then run the visual novel from the save point.
If that doesn't work, try running the visual novel in a window.
If that doesn't work, try updating the drivers for your video card.
If that doesn't work, when the visual novel locks up on you, check the folder where you installed it. The should be a file called log.txt. Send it to me in a private message, and I'll contact the software designer to see if he can determine the cause of the problem.

@Guntag, Check out Arnie and the Hitchhiker http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2644, the main character is male.
My visual novels "Motives" and "Something Strange" also feature male lead characters.

For those who are concerned about game saves, there are 50 save 'slots', and you can save anywhere in the game.
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Jiimbojones » Mon, 13May06 11:39

Seem fun, but my game is also freezing up and shutting down. It happens during sex with Melinda, also when she says to go faster.

The log says

"Loading compressed asset: 21-melinda2-5
Loading compressed asset: 21-melinda2-7
Loading"

Edit: after restarting my computer I was able to finish the scene.
Jiimbojones
great white shark

Postby fleet » Mon, 13May06 16:19

Jiimbojones wrote:Seem fun, but my game is also freezing up and shutting down. It happens during sex with Melinda, also when she says to go faster.

The log says

"Loading compressed asset: 21-melinda2-5
Loading compressed asset: 21-melinda2-7
Loading"

Edit: after restarting my computer I was able to finish the scene.

I'm glad restarting your computer worked for you. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 13May06 18:48

katakana132 wrote:I had no problem saving at every choice screen, so that I could go back to whichever set of choices I want and try a different path. There are enough slots to save every choice screen from what I've found. That cuts down ont he amount of reading/clicking.

Yes. Same here.

My point about saving was that you can't name the saved games to remember which options you chose when it comes to loading one to try again... I've noticed that the effects of some choices don't show up until some time later, maybe a save or two in between them - so it seems that you can't just go back to the last saved game and retry the way you could with most games.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 13May06 18:51

fleet wrote:

Since I don't know your system specs, I can only offer some 'generic' advice.
Try this first. Save the visual novel immediately prior to the trouble spot, then close the visual novel completely. Shut down your PC and restart it. then run the visual novel from the save point.
If that doesn't work, try running the visual novel in a window.
If that doesn't work, try updating the drivers for your video card.
If that doesn't work, when the visual novel locks up on you, check the folder where you installed it. The should be a file called log.txt. Send it to me in a private message, and I'll contact the software designer to see if he can determine the cause of the problem.

On the other hand, you could choose to develop your games on a more stable platform... I haven't heard of having to reboot my pc for the sake of an app since the days of MSDOS!
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby fleet » Tue, 13May07 04:14

Updated to version 2 to fix a bug. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Josefus » Sat, 13May11 00:10

hi fleet,

Thanks for this novel. I like it. Good story, very good graphic. But the animations are, how ever... bad.
Josefus
star of the reef

Postby spazout01 » Tue, 13May14 01:50

Is there an a way to advance with the "She will be greatful and Worship me' option? everything i seem to do from there runs into a dead end :/ .

I've found endings with sara, jannett, marrying Pygmalion, and her trying to create a new guy like herself
spazout01
Pilot fish

Next

Return to Free sexy games