The Miami Voyeur

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: The Miami Voyeur

Postby MisterU » Sun, 13Apr14 14:10

Brigma wrote:Think this thing might have gone the way of the dodo. According to its crowdfunding campaign site, donations are closed and he only made $412 of the $2632 he was hoping to get. Dunno if this means that the project is going to be delayed or just outright canceled but either way I wouldn't expect to see this game by the July release date he initially said. Quite the shame, looked like it could have been a fun game.

My donation was automatically refunded right after the campaign ended early this month, because the project didn't meet the goal, (when this happens all donations are refunded by ulule), so actually he got nothing from the campaign.
To me, it also looked like it could have been a great game, and yes, probably it'll be delayed or canceled i don't know, let's hope it's not.
MisterU
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 13Apr15 17:36

An interesting idea but if anyone now remembers the much-trumpeted "Seduce Me" I don't think they'd be too surprised that people weren't climbing over each other to throw money at this project based solely on a few stills.

Slightly off-topic, I am reminded of the story of the London entrepeneur during the time of the South Sea Bubble (no, I'm not quite old enough to remember it). This guy placed newspaper advert asking for people to fund "a company for carrying on an undertaking of great advantage, but nobody to know what it is." Believe it or not he managed to raise £2,000 in about 5 hours before disappearing without trace. Quite a tidy amount to back in the 1710's but not as much as the guy who raised a cool £1million to develop a "perpetual motion wheel".

Nothing is new, so they say [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

By the way, anyone wanting to know more about the South Sea Bubble will find it here: http://www.thesouthseabubble.com/
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby ExLibris » Tue, 13Apr16 00:11

Seduce Me may not have been to everyone's taste, but it had the advantage of looking a lot more polished than this game did. I'd agree that the major problem the would-be author of TMV had was that he was an unknown quantity. Perhaps if he releases the first episide for free (and it's any good) he might have better luck getting funding for episodes 2 & 3. The other problem is that he didn't seem to have much knowledge of his target market, ie. who was going to fund his game and what his competition was. He was certainly pointed towards this site, and having a presence here to sell the game might have gotten him a few more bucks.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby kessie8yl » Tue, 13Apr16 08:28

ExLibris wrote:Seduce Me may not have been to everyone's taste, but it had the advantage of looking a lot more polished than this game did. I'd agree that the major problem the would-be author of TMV had was that he was an unknown quantity. Perhaps if he releases the first episide for free (and it's any good) he might have better luck getting funding for episodes 2 & 3. The other problem is that he didn't seem to have much knowledge of his target market, ie. who was going to fund his game and what his competition was. He was certainly pointed towards this site, and having a presence here to sell the game might have gotten him a few more bucks.

Nevertheless I feel the best advice is still Caveat Emptor
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby outrider9 » Thu, 13Apr18 05:36

I think I read somewhere that TMV is done by the same people that made the Night Stud games. If so, it's not exactly an unknown quantity.
https://twitter.com/cassgames_com
https://plus.google.com/100156060231618247242
https://www.facebook.com/cassgames
outrider9
great white shark

Postby LucaNatoli » Thu, 13Apr18 12:09

Franco wrote:Years ago I prepaid for a game the developer promised would be completed in a week or two. It was never completed and I will never do that again.

Like wise. Donated money, then never heard form the people who were designing the game ever again. It was their "first" game, should have known. I would only donate money to people / companies that put out great products and already have a foothold in the industry (what ever that may be) for example, Shark. I would have no problem donating to him to help him develop games, as we know the quality he puts out and we know he can do great work.

On another note, is this Miami Voyeur out yet. I see a lot of screeners on the site, but hard to find if there is a Beta version available or what the progress is! I will say it looks intriguing, but i swear ages ago i read it was meant to have EP 1 and EP 2 out with in a month, which has passed, and no date on when this "game" is going to be released as of yet!
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby MisterU » Thu, 13Apr18 16:10

LucaNatoli wrote:Like wise. Donated money, then never heard form the people who were designing the game ever again. It was their "first" game, should have known. I would only donate money to people / companies that put out great products and already have a foothold in the industry (what ever that may be) for example, Shark. I would have no problem donating to him to help him develop games, as we know the quality he puts out and we know he can do great work.

On another note, is this Miami Voyeur out yet. I see a lot of screeners on the site, but hard to find if there is a Beta version available or what the progress is! I will say it looks intriguing, but i swear ages ago i read it was meant to have EP 1 and EP 2 out with in a month, which has passed, and no date on when this "game" is going to be released as of yet!

according to the ulule campaign page the author planned to release ep1 and ep2 on July, since he didn't reached the goal and got nothing from the donations, it's a big unknown if he continued working on the game or was canceled/delayed :??:
MisterU
great white shark

Postby igroman » Fri, 13Apr19 12:33

it's still not work?
igroman
sirens hunter

Postby LucaNatoli » Sun, 13Apr21 16:13

MisterU wrote:according to the ulule campaign page the author planned to release ep1 and ep2 on July, since he didn't reached the goal and got nothing from the donations, it's a big unknown if he continued working on the game or was canceled/delayed :??:

Just looked at that, he wants (AUD)$2,520 to make this game. Does it really cost THAT much money. I would think not, as it is prob a side project that he is doing. With only funds support of (AUD)$395 , i think it may safe to assume that he might have scrapped the project, aslo his so called "twitter updates" has not been updated for a month and a half. :??:
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby ExLibris » Mon, 13Apr22 03:46

"I planned for this game to have high quality graphics using a physically based and unbiased rendering engine, way way above of all other adult games already existent.
Rendering such high quality images can take huge amounts of time if you're using just one single computer (even if it's a decent one), i need help to pay the renting of super computers in a render farm."

It does seem like an unnecessary expense since the sample graphics aren't that much better than a typical HTML game today, but that was his reasoning.

The Facebook page hasn't been updated since March either, so it seems safe to assume that this project is dead in the water.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 13Apr22 23:07

ExLibris wrote:"I planned for this game to have high quality graphics using a physically based and unbiased rendering engine, way way above of all other adult games already existent.
Rendering such high quality images can take huge amounts of time if you're using just one single computer (even if it's a decent one), i need help to pay the renting of super computers in a render farm."

It does seem like an unnecessary expense since the sample graphics aren't that much better than a typical HTML game today, but that was his reasoning.

The Facebook page hasn't been updated since March either, so it seems safe to assume that this project is dead in the water.

Is that a horse I can smell???
:)
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby TheBrain » Sat, 13Apr27 01:02

ExLibris wrote:It does seem like an unnecessary expense since the sample graphics aren't that much better than a typical HTML game today, but that was his reasoning.

Well, I could understand if he didn't want to be "typical". But that aside, if that was the only planned expense, he could just develop the game with graphics that don't need a render farm. Then, if it is well received he should have little problems funding a sequel...
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby kessie8yl » Sat, 13Apr27 01:33

TheBrain wrote:
ExLibris wrote:It does seem like an unnecessary expense since the sample graphics aren't that much better than a typical HTML game today, but that was his reasoning.

Well, I could understand if he didn't want to be "typical". But that aside, if that was the only planned expense, he could just develop the game with graphics that don't need a render farm. Then, if it is well received he should have little problems funding a sequel...

I totally agree - I've said this before but there is no sense in doing something just because you have the technical know-how, regardless of the negative impact it has on the end product. It's like designing a building by saying "I want to show how well I can use this screwdriver"... Then wondering why residents are complaining that the plumbing never works and the whole house falls down in less than a month.

I really can't stress this enough but just because you can do something it doesn't follow that you should.

Has everyone forgotten the old K.I.S.S principal?

Lagooners particularly should have no excuse because you're seeing examples every day of how good content is the factor that keeps us all coming back here for more. Not to say Shark (and others) haven't improved as developers over the years and learned different ways of doing things. I'm not a regular reader of the dev's board but what I have seen is usually discussions and ideas for improving things from the point of view of the player - and maybe learning a new skill in order to do that - not learning a skill or finding a new toy and seeking an excuse to use it.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby LucaNatoli » Fri, 13May03 17:48

kessie8yl wrote:I totally agree - I've said this before but there is no sense in doing something just because you have the technical know-how, regardless of the negative impact it has on the end product. It's like designing a building by saying "I want to show how well I can use this screwdriver"... Then wondering why residents are complaining that the plumbing never works and the whole house falls down in less than a month.

I really can't stress this enough but just because you can do something it doesn't follow that you should.

Has everyone forgotten the old K.I.S.S principal?

Lagooners particularly should have no excuse because you're seeing examples every day of how good content is the factor that keeps us all coming back here for more. Not to say Shark (and others) haven't improved as developers over the years and learned different ways of doing things. I'm not a regular reader of the dev's board but what I have seen is usually discussions and ideas for improving things from the point of view of the player - and maybe learning a new skill in order to do that - not learning a skill or finding a new toy and seeking an excuse to use it.

Have to agree with this statement, the whole thing. And yes, i have seen Shark's games (and others) getting better over the years.

But back on topic. This Miami Voyeur game is dead. I think it is officially cancelled, not that it really interested me in the first place, but playing the game might have changed my mind. He should have made the EP 1 & 2 first and then release, later asking for donations to continue the project. Asking for that large amount of money right off the bat is a tad too much. He is not creating a video game, it looks like basic visuals and basic game play. All well, we will never know what this game will play like.
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Previous

Return to Free sexy games