Coffee for Keisha

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Coffee for Keisha

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Feb17 07:35

kessie8yl wrote:That seems a little naive as you only have to read this board to know that almost everyone attempts to find all the different endings to each game.

Posters on this board are a tiny fraction of the players. the game has been downloaded 3677 times so far, but I haven't been getting an outpouring of "its so hard I have to cheat." Personally, I thought I made the game too easy. Like you said, you cant please everyone.

The feedback I always get with these games is "I don't like that I don't get to play as me." So I tried to let you play as you. Some people like to be the nice guy and some want to be naughty. I intend for you to start on easy, make the choices that interest you, and see how it goes. It's an adventure game, there should be some exploration.

I wouldn't mind hearing examples of choices where you couldn't figure out which was nice, which was naughty, and which was neither though.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby thundergod » Sun, 13Feb17 07:51

Well, I enjoyed the branching outcomes, and thought it was an elegant way to get extra gameplay from a narrative that, on the surface, looked and felt like it was going to be both linear and very much in the expected "virtual date" mold, albeit with vastly better writing. Usually, the only option is where you're gong to end up having sex (if you're going to get to have it at all), and those variations are your "endings" based on your score, which is usually hidden. Or how much sex you're going to have, as in Chaotic's most recent game. In this game, however, the branches actually had a root in the story and the characters and required thought behind the gameplay, and I thought that was very well done. It was linear, but it added value to the linearity. I suppose I could quibble with some of the specific dialogue choices and their outcomes, but the game makes so much more sense and is so much better written than almost anything of its specific genre, I'm disinclined to complain.

I agree that the existence and form of the various paths was a bit opaque, but only on first playthrough. If you can get to an ending, the game gives some hints. I actually appreciate that it's not completely obvious how you might approach either (Keisha) ending, because that's more realistic if what you're doing is going on dates rather than trying to tally endings in a video game. In any case, the score isn't the only feedback. The facial expressions are almost always useful.

Terrific art, by the way.

My primary complaint, I suppose, is very specific to this forum and not actually any sort of complaint about the game at all: tlaero's "voice" comes through very clearly, in a way it hasn't before. It's not something that anyone who doesn't participate here would ever know, but there's enough congruity between what she writes here, on various subjects, and what Keisha and Keeley say, that I quite frequently hear her rather than the character. Which is one thing when the matter under discussion is relationship theory and practice, but another when things...develop. There have been moments of this in other games, but it's much more sustained here.

I do kinda share EL's questioning of the epilogues. It was not obvious, at least to me, that choosing one over the other should lead to a different future until the game told me so, and it still doesn't make sense to me. I mean, Keisha seems very much into both paths as they're happening. Preferencing one over the other reduced (slightly) the joy in the path with the (slightly) less desirable epilogue. If that still makes sense while being vague enough to avoid spoilers. It would make more sense to me if the final outcome of a relationship -- being vague to avoid spoilers here -- wasn't based on the personality path but just on points. So that you could, for instance, be as naughty or as nice as you wanted, but how things ended up in the distant future would be on how well you played the game within that branch.

All minor stuff, though. It was a terrific game, and thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Last edited by thundergod on Sun, 13Feb17 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
thundergod
great white shark

Postby P-Slayer » Sun, 13Feb17 09:14

tlaero wrote:P-Slayer, let's help you figure it out. What os are you using (including version) and what browser? Did you have trouble with the previous games? This should be roughly the same.

Tlaero

Okay, I am using Win7 and have the latest version of Firefox as my browser of choice (I have also tried using IE9 as well). And yes, I've had this same issue downloading your games before; anytime I wanna play any of your games, I have to do it by going to PF1.
P-Slayer
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 13Feb17 11:24

P-Slayer wrote:........

Okay, I am using Win7 and have the latest version of Firefox as my browser of choice (I have also tried using IE9 as well). And yes, I've had this same issue downloading your games before; anytime I wanna play any of your games, I have to do it by going to PF1.

Odd. I have Win7 running latest FF and would have gotten one of the very first downloads. I've only had time to find one route using easy and had no problems with the package.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Decstarr » Sun, 13Feb17 11:54

First of all, great game! I really like the characters you ladie's create. Most similar games are rather dull and boring, but your girls are quite convincing and are true to themselves, really great job.

I finished the first run of the game with being the flirtious, aggressive rock star dude. Now I am having trouble with being the "nice guy". I obviously cant seem to get even the first part with 7/7 without checking out butts or racks (which imho a nice guy probably wouldn't do). So I cant help but wonder if I am missing something? Or is the path you take decided in the later episodes and not in the coffee shop scene?

I figured it out, nm!
Last edited by Decstarr on Sun, 13Feb17 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Decstarr
sirens hunter

Postby smokindavis » Sun, 13Feb17 12:17

Wait... people are confused over the naughty versus nice paths? I thought the game was borderline TOO easy because of the predictability of the two paths. Great job Tlaero and Phreaky! I enjoyed the game and caught on very quickly to what you intended.
smokindavis
great white shark

Postby DarthMelkor » Sun, 13Feb17 19:41

Thanks tlaero and phreaky for another great game. Really appreciate the effort you guys put in to produce the best games in this genre.

No real complaints, I loved the two different paths and loved how logical the choices are. Its not too easy and it shouldn't be. Loved the flashbacks as well and I hope maybe in future we can get prequel games for same characters (I mean everyone in this universe, keisha/keeley/christine). Their college life adventures seem so fun.
DarthMelkor
great white shark

Postby LRM » Sun, 13Feb17 20:24

@ tlaero/Phreaky;
Do all of your games access the same site? I'm not willing to give blanket access for cookies (prompt doesn't work for you). If given the address I'm willing to allow yours
Thanks
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Feb17 20:47

LRM, they don't access any site. The cookies are referencing your local machine. In that sense, though, yes, everything that uses adventure creator refers to the same place. That's why save/restore in one game overwrites another.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Feb17 20:56

P-Slayer wrote:Okay, I am using Win7 and have the latest version of Firefox as my browser of choice (I have also tried using IE9 as well). And yes, I've had this same issue downloading your games before; anytime I wanna play any of your games, I have to do it by going to PF1.

I'm really sorry, P-Slayer. This game is practically made for you. It sucks that you can't play it. Let's try a few things.

Windows sometimes gets uppity about things you download from the internet. I've had situations where it decided stuff was a threat and refused to run JavaScript in the files. If that's what's happening to you, try the following steps.
1) Download coffee.zip.
2) Unzip coffee.zip.
3) Throw away coffee.zip (keeping the unzipped files).
4) Make your own coffee.zip from the files you unzipped in step 2.
5) Throw away the files, keeping your new coffee.zip
6) Reboot
7) Unzip your new coffee.zip
8) Click on start.htm.

Sometimes that tricks windows into thinking the files came from you instead of the dirty internet.

If that doesn't work, try starting the game by opening the "files" directory and clicking "_begin.htm." That's an alternate way to start the game.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Feb17 21:13

thundergod wrote: tlaero's "voice" comes through very clearly, in a way it hasn't before. It's not something that anyone who doesn't participate here would ever know, but there's enough congruity between what she writes here, on various subjects, and what Keisha and Keeley say, that I quite frequently hear her rather than the character. Which is one thing when the matter under discussion is relationship theory and practice, but another when things...develop. There have been moments of this in other games, but it's much more sustained here.

That's a really astute observation, thundergod. It wasn't intentional, but I can see how it happened. You know how people play video games to be things they're not? The WalMart cashier who's playing the superhero who saves the universe, etc. I do this too. I won't say we actually WANT to be a buff warrior who kills dragons with a sword, but we kind of aspire to that in our dreams. At the very least, it's cool to play someone so awesome before we go back to our fulfilling but decidedly more mundane lives.

In reality, I'm reasonably similar to Keeley. Monogamous, not particularly adventurous in the sexual arena, etc. Life with Keeley speaks to me on many levels. But in the same way you can aspire to be a badass space marine without ACTUALLY wanting to be a soldier, I kind of aspire to being Keisha. She's flirty and adventurous in a super sexy way without being a slut. I could never be her, but it's fun to "play her on TV" (or in the writing of a video game, as the case may be).

As for the epilogs. Not every relationship works out. I was just trying to reflect that.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby PapaSmurf » Sun, 13Feb17 21:33

Awesome Game Guys This has to be the prettiest character Anyone has used
PapaSmurf
lagoon predator

Postby nacho666 » Sun, 13Feb17 22:52

I can play, and i like it. But i can't gain points. Could you explain me this?
Oigo voces y no les gustas...

Sorry for my bad English, my level is basic.
nacho666
great white shark

Postby iksanabot » Sun, 13Feb17 22:58

tlaero wrote:
In reality, I'm reasonably similar to Keeley. Monogamous, not particularly adventurous in the sexual arena, etc.

Tlaero

I think writing video games with explicit sex scenes counts as being adventurous in the sexual arena.

I love the game, great job.
I really like how the branching paths contribute to character development - in particular how you only learn one thing about Keisha from flashbacks in each of the main paths. My second play-through I went with nice and was really sucked in by the new information - I think it affected me twice as much because I as expecting the same flashback as in the naughty play-through, and thought I had learned as much about Keisha's wild side as I was ever going to.

I have to tease you about something I found kind of funny in the game related to Thundergod's comment. But I do so with profound respect for you, please understand. I thought there was a little bit of your voice coming though in the bondage scene, when Keisha is learning to relinquish control by being tied up, but is still directing the action through the whole scene. I'm not calling you a control freak or anything (though I may be calling Keisha a control freak), I just thought it was amusing. Truly, I imagine that you are an extraordinarily capable woman in "real life" who prefers to be in control because things just get done better that way, kind of like Keisha. Not flirting this time, but I am smiling.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Feb17 23:38

Nacho, are you using Chrome without enabling file cookies?

iksanabot, I'm definitely a control freak. (-: I mean, erm ... the nicer way you said it. Yeah, that's what I am. (-:

Tlaero
tlaero

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games