medusa's curse | sexandglory - lopteam

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: medusa's curse | sexandglory - lopteam

Postby Agrippa » Mon, 12Dec10 22:21

Well, my welcoming you on board may have been premature (for now, although that is implicit in the very word), but I most decidedly welcome a discussion on what makes an erotic game a good erotic game.

After reading your clarification, I can say our postures are not as opposed as I first thought. If sex must be a key element on a game, it certainly needs to come across as such during a playthrough. The easiest way to do this is to get the main characters on a sexually charged atmosphere, but that can mean a lot of things. For example, one of the most erotic scenes I have played was in "Tsukihime", a visual novel centered around the theme of vampirism; the main character is investigating a series of murders that are taking place in his hometown at the behest of a vampire girl whom he killed at the beginning of the game (the plot is... complicated), in the scene, they have agreed to meet and, when the girl appears, she is suddenly tempted by his blood. The main character knows he can die at any second, and knows that he is completely powerless to resist the vampire if she chooses to bite him, but the life-or-death tension in the monologue is intertwined with an extremely sensual description of the way her body feels pressed against his, the scalding breath on his skin, almost making him wish she would take the last step just to feel her lips pressed against his neck... And now I will need to bash "Twilight" for a couple of hours just to feel manly again. Great. Just what I needed.

Of course, that's just an example, and not a particularly good one because there is an all-ages version of "Tsukihime" without any of the sex. So, even though I can agree with your message and your stance on the subject, I can also think of a few examples were the games were great as both games and erotic games, maybe part of the problem is that that isn't always the case. For example, talking about "Medusa's Curse" RPG combat, what you describe is the typical grinding frustation that has left me unable to conclude Final Fantasy 6. That game is one of the most recognised of the franchise, but it just felt like a chore (something that many erotic games end up being) although that is more a matter of poor game design or limited resources than the concept per se being inferior to a sex centered mechanic/setting.

Completely sexual/erotic games have their place and certainly help maintain the suspension of disbelief required to enjoy them. For an RPG, that may mean battling an army of succubae or something akin to it (Corruption of Champions, anyone?) and for a shooter... I don't want to think about it. Bad memories. But storylines that involve you, that make you feel a wide array of emotions, can enhance the sex by sheer contrast or by nuancing it. It's not the same thing to have a one-night stand with a woman you met in a bar that to desperately cling to your shield maiden the night before a battle with an uncertain outcome. Both can be done brilliantly and in a myriad of manners, but, ultimately, I think it's more a matter of choosing what feels right for the characters than anything else. After all, if we didn't care about their stories, there are plenty of pretty pictures to look at online (and, if we only cared about the stories, there is an almost equal amount of written erotica to be found, so I guess it's not that clear cut, either).

To summarize: I agree with the sentiment of your post, I am eager to try your game and I am a long-winded pompo- I mean, the discussion has many angles to consider. It's not a black and white thing, and, as usual, depends on what you are looking for in the game in question. Now, to find someone who openly enjoys "Twilight"...

Agrippa
Agrippa
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby iksanabot » Mon, 12Dec10 23:09

I once drove to Lapush (La Push?) with my sister and my wife to go on a camping/surf trip, and that is when I first heard of Twilight. My sister basically explained the whole first three books to my wife as I drove along in silent, mild contempt. But I broke out into gales of laughter when my sister explained how the vampires liked to play baseball deep in the woods, but only when there was a thunder storm to disguise the sound of them hitting balls with their super-human strength.

So I'm definitely on your team when it comes to bashing Twilight.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Re: medusa's curse (sexandglory - lopteam)

Postby andPS2 » Wed, 13Jan09 11:52

Venom wrote:meanwhile i played the game here is some information on ending 4

have sex with everyone you can and buy the best gear
you need to keep to gold dagger tough
don't know if it's overdone or not

i followed that and still got the ending 2
p.s. ok figured out i needed something else that was missing in
the description...
got ending 4
Last edited by andPS2 on Wed, 13Jan09 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby andPS2 » Wed, 13Jan09 12:21

Agrippa wrote:
Ah, one last thing, to avoid a bad ending with Perseus, you should
retrieve the magic item hidden in the cave.
Good hunting.

Agrippa

mmh didnt work for me

do u mean that diamond ore ?
not giving it to the merchant u end up giving it to the smith
a second one never shows up in the cave then..

btw i noticed when doing restart in firefox all the locations already
show up on the map
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby andPS2 » Wed, 13Jan09 15:14

andPS2 wrote:
Venom wrote:meanwhile i played the game here is some information on ending 4

have sex with everyone you can and buy the best gear
you need to keep to gold dagger tough
don't know if it's overdone or not

i followed that and still got the ending 2

p.s. ok figured out i needed something else that was missing in
the description...
got ending 4
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby bartek_75 » Thu, 13Jan10 15:59

I know it is old thread, but maybe someone can give me some hints on endings 3 and 4.

Regards.
bartek_75
sirens hunter

Postby gamebp » Wed, 13Jan16 01:06

Franco wrote:Has anyone played this game who can give us a review?

one of my favorite from the website
gamebp
star of the reef

Postby gamebp » Wed, 13Jan16 01:07

bartek_75 wrote:I know it is old thread, but maybe someone can give me some hints on endings 3 and 4.

Regards.

yes: keep the dagger
gamebp
star of the reef

Postby johnylongy » Tue, 13Jun04 15:39

will there be any new trials for this game??
johnylongy
Pilot fish

Postby Brigma » Wed, 13Jun05 03:32

johnylongy wrote:will there be any new trials for this game??

Why would there be? Leonizer had been nice enough in the past to share a free week for his new games, seeing as how this isn't new then idk why he would give one out.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby peter1212 » Mon, 14Mar31 09:12

A new game has been released on sexandglory.com namely Mysterious Island and it's like medusa's curse but better than it. I wanted to know whether these games are hackable by CE or not as I could hack MC by it but not this one. So anyone knows how to cheat in these games?
peter1212

Postby Rikwar » Mon, 14Mar31 10:16

peter1212 wrote:A new game has been released on sexandglory.com namely Mysterious Island and it's like medusa's curse but better than it. I wanted to know whether these games are hackable by CE or not as I could hack MC by it but not this one. So anyone knows how to cheat in these games?

Clearly your not familiar with the forum or it's members, asking how to hack or cheat is frowned upond !
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby gamebp » Mon, 14Mar31 12:00

Rikwar wrote:asking how to ... cheat is frowned upond !

If you use a walkthrough or if you ask for advices, is this cheating ? for me, yes.

also for the "frowned upond" part:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2623&p=66052&hilit=cheat#p66052
i don't think it was so clearly established.

@peter1212: i don't see what's the point to use a software like cheat engine (CE ?) to cheat at a game like that, you'll miss most of the adventure. The point of an adventure game is (at least) to read the story, not to see the ending screen.
gamebp
star of the reef

Postby Duckie-D- » Tue, 14Sep09 08:27

peter1212 wrote:A new game has been released on sexandglory.com namely Mysterious Island and it's like medusa's curse but better than it. I wanted to know whether these games are hackable by CE or not as I could hack MC by it but not this one. So anyone knows how to cheat in these games?

I know its a bit late but there are ways in especially if you know how to read the jscripts on file you will be able to do it.

Sorry for Saying it, but I didnt say how to
Duckie-D-
Pilot fish

Previous

Return to Free sexy games