Vdategames: Maddison II

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Vdategames: Maddison II

Postby rabbie » Sun, 13Feb03 15:36

Stinky wrote:
NiGHTS4life wrote:Has anyone managed to download [mod edit ...... illegal ask]?

Nice. :sarcastic:

If you want these type of games to completely dry up, by all means please be a freeloader.

I think the people who download the game for free were never ever going to buy it....he didn't lose a sale from me anyway. People like GoblinBoy or tlaero/phreaky release much better, much less buggy games for free. If you want to charge for your games then you have to raise your game substantially above there efforts for me to spend a penny.
rabbie
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby robr » Sun, 13Feb03 17:52

bosbrand wrote:
robr wrote:Chaotic gives you 60 days for $20. Chaotic also allows you to download the games in his "members only" site. But these downloads are useless, because near the start of every game, the correct option is left off the screen so you can not play the game all the way through.

I've subscribed to his site a few times in the past, only to download the games, and I've never run into this problem you describe of crippled content.
I've always felt that the $20 Paypal pack and the $20 2month membership are basically identical, in that you download all the games available for twenty bucks.

Since I'm quite curious about the Madison game, despite the silly tits, I would like to ask whether anybody has downloaded that game and seen the crippling robr describes? I'm willing to fork out the $20, but not for a broken game....

At different times, I have downloaded (from the members section, not the online store) all three sci-fi games, Lissette, Zoe, and Maddison. All 6 downloaded games had the same problem for me. I could not see the correct option that would be shown on the bottom of the screen. I have played all these games online, so I know where the correct options are located. I have tried scrolling, page up/down, and arrow keys to move the picture up to see the options. But, the picture will not move. Maybe I should buy a larger monitor. The one I have now is a 19" monitor and maybe I need a 23 or 24" monitor.
robr
sirens hunter

Postby TheBrain » Sun, 13Feb03 19:39

robr wrote:But, all things considered, Sharks site is the most expensive. 15 euros(currently $13.50 US) for 30 days. Chaotic gives you 60 days for $20. Chaotic also allows you to download the games in his "members only" site. But these downloads are useless, because near the start of every game, the correct option is left off the screen so you can not play the game all the way through. Pusooys site is the "best value"(if you enjoy wearing out your mouse). For $10 you get 6 months of membership or you can join for $20 and get a full year. You can also download all of his/her games(except the most recent game) and play them all the way through.

Your comparison is flawed by just considering the time you get access. The development cycle for these games is way longer than Sharks or Chaotics membership, and even Pusooy barely releases a game every 6 months. So all you're really doing is paying for the latest game. So in actual fact, Chaotic's games are the most expensive. This is of course assuming you've already played the previous games. If that's not the case, then only the first time you purchase you get a reasonable value for your money (depending on how much you appreciate the previous games).

All things considered though, because Shark eventually releases his content for free, his setup is by far the most social because you'll always have access to the older games.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby NiGHTS4life » Sun, 13Feb03 20:33

Any plans for a walkthrough? I know you can post that in the forums?
NiGHTS4life
sirens hunter

Postby robr » Sun, 13Feb03 21:07

TheBrain wrote:
robr wrote:But, all things considered, Sharks site is the most expensive. 15 euros(currently $13.50 US) for 30 days. Chaotic gives you 60 days for $20. Chaotic also allows you to download the games in his "members only" site. But these downloads are useless, because near the start of every game, the correct option is left off the screen so you can not play the game all the way through. Pusooys site is the "best value"(if you enjoy wearing out your mouse). For $10 you get 6 months of membership or you can join for $20 and get a full year. You can also download all of his/her games(except the most recent game) and play them all the way through.

Your comparison is flawed by just considering the time you get access. The development cycle for these games is way longer than Sharks or Chaotics membership, and even Pusooy barely releases a game every 6 months. So all you're really doing is paying for the latest game. So in actual fact, Chaotic's games are the most expensive. This is of course assuming you've already played the previous games. If that's not the case, then only the first time you purchase you get a reasonable value for your money (depending on how much you appreciate the previous games).

All things considered though, because Shark eventually releases his content for free, his setup is by far the most social because you'll always have access to the older games.

Lets compare apples to apples. If Chaotic cut his/her membership in half, it would cost $10 for 30 days, or if Shark doubled his site, it would cost 30 euros($27 US) for 60 days. I am assuming that the creators of these sites tie the cost of membership to the time of membership together. Sometime in the past, Chaotic has said in his/her blog, that whenever he/she releases a new game, he/she with move a game from the members section to the free section. It remains to be seen if Chaotic will do that. I do understand the length of time it takes to make one of these games. And as long as the cost of membership to these sites remains the same, I will continue to join them to help them cover their expenses.
robr
sirens hunter

Postby Rikwar » Sun, 13Feb03 21:36

robr wrote:
TheBrain wrote:

Lets compare apples to apples. If Chaotic cut his/her membership in half, it would cost $10 for 30 days, or if Shark doubled his site, it would cost 30 euros($27 US) for 60 days. I am assuming that the creators of these sites tie the cost of membership to the time of membership together. Sometime in the past, Chaotic has said in his/her blog, that whenever he/she releases a new game, he/she with move a game from the members section to the free section. It remains to be seen if Chaotic will do that. I do understand the length of time it takes to make one of these games. And as long as the cost of membership to these sites remains the same, I will continue to join them to help them cover their expenses.

That's a lot of ifs, just pick a game, pay the man..and get on with it [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Feb03 22:11

rabbie wrote: People like GoblinBoy or tlaero/phreaky release much better, much less buggy games for free. If you want to charge for your games then you have to raise your game substantially above there efforts for me to spend a penny.

Please don't use my giving away games for free as an excuse to steal someone else's. If you don't think Chaotic's games are worth $20, by all means, don't buy them. But it's not okay to steal no matter what other people in the community are doing.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby kessie8yl » Sun, 13Feb03 22:17

robr wrote:Chaotic has said in his/her blog, that whenever he/she releases a new game, he/she with move a game from the members section to the free section. It remains to be seen if Chaotic will do that.

It has been long established that he doesn't... From memory both of the sci-fi games plus Nelena have been around for some considerable time but are still members only.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby rabbie » Sun, 13Feb03 23:09

tlaero wrote:
rabbie wrote: People like GoblinBoy or tlaero/phreaky release much better, much less buggy games for free. If you want to charge for your games then you have to raise your game substantially above there efforts for me to spend a penny.

Please don't use my giving away games for free as an excuse to steal someone else's. If you don't think Chaotic's games are worth $20, by all means, don't buy them. But it's not okay to steal no matter what other people in the community are doing.

Tlaero

Im not giving a excuse to why i steal them, just a reason as to why i don't buy them. You and others make better games for free and if there was no way to play this game for free, i just wouldn't play it. But im a curious fella...so i thought id have a peek.

Its also a matter of trust, I don't trust Chaotic to deliver a product i could spend any money on...never mind what he charges.
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby LucaNatoli » Sun, 13Feb03 23:50

LucaNatoli wrote:
NiGHTS4life wrote:Has anyone managed to download [mod edit ...... illegal ask]?

I Pmed you. Found the game
Mod Edit: And you knew it compromised Lagoon Rules and have been severely warned !

My bad, I thought it was not to post it on the boards, the link that is. I would have bought it if they offered the game to buy, not in the big pack, I already bought the offsite pack and he doesn't update the site a lot tto make the sub worth it. Unlike sharks lagoon, I always renew my sub when stuff comes out.

So I am not going to buy the offsite pack twice. Maybe he should allow to buy the name let's sag for $9.99 download. Instead of re-buying the whole offsite pack

I know typos everywhere that what you get from doing it from an Android phone. I'll fix my post when I get to a comp.
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby Werehunter » Mon, 13Feb04 01:21

kessie8yl wrote:
robr wrote:Chaotic has said in his/her blog, that whenever he/she releases a new game, he/she with move a game from the members section to the free section. It remains to be seen if Chaotic will do that.

It has been long established that he doesn't... From memory both of the sci-fi games plus Nelena have been around for some considerable time but are still members only.

Actually he does. He moved Pool Party and Lucy (I believe) from the members section. One not long after Lisette was released and the other after Zoe.
Werehunter
great white shark

Postby Jiimbojones » Mon, 13Feb04 03:50

that's a fun game.

Played through a few times, I was wondering from people who have also done that when you get to use the swimsuit and/or lingerie so I know what to look for on the next playthrough.
Jiimbojones
great white shark

Postby maehnenwolf » Mon, 13Feb04 17:21

Time to add something from my point of view.

@kessie8yl: If I understand your post correctly, you just posted a comment under pool party topic. In the lagoon forum or in his blog? Perhaps you should write him directly, using the "contact button" on his site.
(Correct me if i'm wrong)

Well were to start^^.

on the Maddison game:

First af all her (in)famous boobs. I have to say that they are way too unrealistic, but i always feel that they change sizes in the game. Especially in her animated scenes or in the scenes with others her boobs seem one size smaller, than on others pictures. I find that very weird sometimes. Nonetheless Maddison has, as all of his newer models, a facial expression i can believe. Compare her smile to Crystal or the first Rachel game and you know what i mean.

Second:
Instead of many others, i found this game to be the easiest, because you actually have a stringent character (at most) with whom your dating. It doesn't "feel" random to get to an ending, and therefore you can get further step by step getting closer to the end.

Third: Animation
As previously said, Chaotic really improved. He has some really great animations, and then some on "normal" level. The bad thing for me was, that i noticed the bad ones all the more....

Overall:
I think, with the amount of time i played it, that Maddison is the first game which was worth the money i paid. I always keep in mind that there aren't so many developers out there, so i pay for there games AND to help them beeing able to create more.

I hope Spoilers work :p
Some basic tips:
1.Alcohol doesn't help!!!!
2. You want to get a girl into your bed on your first date? Try to make her horny.
3. Nobody wants to do embarrasing things alone!

Long post, hopefully not to long.
Tip request:
If anybody finds out how to get her into the pool WITH her swimsuit on or joining you on the art couch please help! That's the only things i can't get done. I believe that it has to do with the bar conversations though...

Hopefully that helps.

maehnenwolf

EDIT: P.S.: If you want to play a game PAY for it. I really hate it, when games are cracked 3 days after they are released. "Seduce me" and "Maddison" are some really BAD examples for this....
maehnenwolf
Pilot fish

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 13Feb04 18:24

maehnenwolf wrote:Time to add something from my point of view.

@kessie8yl: If I understand your post correctly, you just posted a comment under pool party topic. In the lagoon forum or in his blog? Perhaps you should write him directly, using the "contact button" on his site.
(Correct me if i'm wrong)

As I said - I reported it to Chaotic back in October and again this time. I don't expect the result to be any different now than it was then, which is why I didn't bother waiting a week before posting in here like I did last year.

kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 13Feb04 18:27

Werehunter wrote:
kessie8yl wrote:

Actually he does. He moved Pool Party and Lucy (I believe) from the members section. One not long after Lisette was released and the other after Zoe.

He does sometimes but the impression he gives is that it is always the case, which plainly it is not.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games