Vdategames: Maddison II

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Vdategames: Maddison II

Postby Stinky » Sat, 13Feb02 22:14

NiGHTS4life wrote:Has anyone managed to download [mod edit ...... illegal ask]?

Nice. :sarcastic:

If you want these type of games to completely dry up, by all means please be a freeloader.
Stinky
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Qayinz » Sat, 13Feb02 23:05

Stinky wrote:

If you want these type of games to completely dry up, by all means please be a freeloader.

hey Stinky,
i agree with you 100% but i think the way VDG is priced is way off... bear with me here:
in the survey page on Vdategames, on the "What is your favorite game?" question, 5740 people voted, lets wisely assume only 1 out of 2 people (AT LEAST) votes, and only 10,000 people play chaotic's games,
if every one of those pays 20$ per 2 month's Chaotic will make 1.2 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR - pretty sure tax free. does that sound like an indie game developers salary? and actually even if he has only 5800 its still
696,000$ - Obviously if the product wasn't overpriced, - and after 3 years of the offsite open, Chaotic would be a milliner.

but not first time members are required to pay 20USD for MAYBE getting one game, MAX 2. - chaotic is making the mistake most first time businessman do, they are greedy, not understanding their product is not one of a kind and isn't a necessity - hence, selling it for less, will actually bring more money because more will buy it.

so here is what i think would be a fair, and steady way for chaotic to earn money, and get more and more costumers.
***20$ first time membership for 3 month's - very fair because first timers will get EVERYTHING that has been released to this date.
***5$ fee for every 3 months with a PROMISE of at least 1 game release, meaning that if u paid and 3 months pass and still not game is out, ull get it for free when its out
***making a game/mini-game specifically per-request for the offline site - which will create a relationship between developer and crowed

seeing that the above is something nearly EVERYONE can afford, im sure people like me that are happy will be glad to donate a little something extra - probable case scenario, which i don't think is far-fetched:
lets say 5500 people join - because its SUPER AFFORDABLE - Chaotic will make 192,500$(1st year), seems like ALOT less than the 1.2mil, but this money is actually within reach, and over time, if this is something he REALLY wants to do, and he puts in more time, and has more games, first time membership could be 30$ or even 35$ and turn to 10 usd per 2-3 month, because by than he will have a REAL product with a REAL fan crowd, which can and will grow way beyond 5,500...

don't you agree?
Qayinz
sirens hunter

Postby NiGHTS4life » Sun, 13Feb03 00:39

rabbie wrote:

I got it downloading right now, but its against the site rules to post it here, its out there.. so look around....i guess.

Thanks but when I searched it on Google, I couldn't find any sites to download. What file sharing service are you using?
NiGHTS4life
sirens hunter

Postby MisterU » Sun, 13Feb03 00:40

Qayinz wrote:
Stinky wrote:

hey Stinky,
i agree with you 100% but i think the way VDG is priced is way off... bear with me here:
in the survey page on Vdategames, on the "What is your favorite game?" question, 5740 people voted, lets wisely assume only 1 out of 2 people (AT LEAST) votes, and only 10,000 people play chaotic's games,
if every one of those pays 20$ per 2 month's Chaotic will make 1.2 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR - pretty sure tax free. does that sound like an indie game developers salary? and actually even if he has only 5800 its still
696,000$ - Obviously if the product wasn't overpriced, - and after 3 years of the offsite open, Chaotic would be a milliner.

but not first time members are required to pay 20USD for MAYBE getting one game, MAX 2. - chaotic is making the mistake most first time businessman do, they are greedy, not understanding their product is not one of a kind and isn't a necessity - hence, selling it for less, will actually bring more money because more will buy it.

so here is what i think would be a fair, and steady way for chaotic to earn money, and get more and more costumers.
***20$ first time membership for 3 month's - very fair because first timers will get EVERYTHING that has been released to this date.
***5$ fee for every 3 months with a PROMISE of at least 1 game release, meaning that if u paid and 3 months pass and still not game is out, ull get it for free when its out
***making a game/mini-game specifically per-request for the offline site - which will create a relationship between developer and crowed

seeing that the above is something nearly EVERYONE can afford, im sure people like me that are happy will be glad to donate a little something extra - probable case scenario, which i don't think is far-fetched:
lets say 5500 people join - because its SUPER AFFORDABLE - Chaotic will make 192,500$(1st year), seems like ALOT less than the 1.2mil, but this money is actually within reach, and over time, if this is something he REALLY wants to do, and he puts in more time, and has more games, first time membership could be 30$ or even 35$ and turn to 10 usd per 2-3 month, because by than he will have a REAL product with a REAL fan crowd, which can and will grow way beyond 5,500...

don't you agree?

i remember voting for that survey a few months ago and i wasn't a paid member, your numbers seem way too optimistic and very inflated, it should be the other way down, from +5000 people who voted, how many subscribed? my guess a minority of those 5000 people...
MisterU
great white shark

Postby Qayinz » Sun, 13Feb03 01:03

you miss-read MisterU,
point is there are over 5000 people PLAYING the game, but NOT subscribing, if they WERE to subscribe (which would happen with lower pricing)..

anyway
re-read, you missunderstood.
Qayinz
sirens hunter

Postby MisterU » Sun, 13Feb03 01:16

Qayinz wrote:you miss-read MisterU,
point is there are over 5000 people PLAYING the game, but NOT subscribing, if they WERE to subscribe (which would happen with lower pricing)..

anyway
re-read, you missunderstood.

ok then, i follow you now, anyway still think it's too many positive estimations and you're forgetting the piracy variable which always happen having a high or low price anyway, that's the hard truth, and this same game here is already freely available elsewhere, only 3 days after his release, how many lost sales/subscriptions starting today?
MisterU
great white shark

Postby NiGHTS4life » Sun, 13Feb03 01:22

Has anyone managed to find a link?
NiGHTS4life
sirens hunter

Postby Trucla » Sun, 13Feb03 01:29

NiGHTS4life wrote:Has anyone managed to find a link?
Once you didn't read the rules of this forum, may I ask you to at least read this , please? [img]images/icones/icon3.gif[/img]
Thank you!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 13Feb03 01:42

@Trucla,
not only did he not read the rules but he has also did not read the comment that says that what he asks is not in the spirit of the Lagoon!
Time for a timely warning minethinks.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby kessie8yl » Sun, 13Feb03 02:06

robr wrote:It seems like every time Chaotic releases a new game, there are comments about the cost of membership to his site. First, I would to say that I am a big fan of Sharks, Chaotic, and Pusooy and join their sites whenever they release a new game. But, all things considered, Sharks site is the most expensive. 15 euros(currently $13.50 US) for 30 days. Chaotic gives you 60 days for $20. Chaotic also allows you to download the games in his "members only" site. But these downloads are useless, because near the start of every game, the correct option is left off the screen so you can not play the game all the way through. Pusooys site is the "best value"(if you enjoy wearing out your mouse). For $10 you get 6 months of membership or you can join for $20 and get a full year. You can also download all of his/her games(except the most recent game) and play them all the way through. You can also see the "passwords" for all of his/her games. Because I enjoy playing the different types of games these 3 sites offer, I will continue to support them by joining their sites whenever a new game is offered. The creators of these games have expenses, so by joining, I hope I can help in a little way to support their work.

I'm sorry - did you actually bother to read my comment? My main point isn't the cost of membership but the fact that this site has for months advertised a product that you cannot actually buy. I was responding to an earlier conversation I had on this topic (which I quoted) where it was stated again that you could download the full games for a single payment of $20 - but I've now tried to do this twice in the last 3 or 4 months with the same result.

The cost of membership is relatively high (compare for yourself with similar sites - $20 for 2 months is higher than most, if not all) - but that wasn't really the point I was making. The alternative given to me was to pay $20 and download all 8 games, which is what Chaotic advertises on his site - but in reality it simply cannot be done. This is dubious practice to say the least - and would attract the interest of Trading Standards in this country.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby NiGHTS4life » Sun, 13Feb03 02:08

Squeeky wrote:@Trucla,
not only did he not read the rules but he has also did not read the comment that says that what he asks is not in the spirit of the Lagoon!

Sorry. :( Please don't hate me.
NiGHTS4life
sirens hunter

Postby kessie8yl » Sun, 13Feb03 02:10

NiGHTS4life wrote:
Squeeky wrote:@Trucla,

Sorry. :( Please don't hate me.

We're a very democratic bunch in the lagoon, you have to take your turn like everybody else... :)
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby LucaNatoli » Sun, 13Feb03 10:04

I Pmed you. Found the game
Mod Edit: And you knew it compromised Lagoon Rules and have been severely warned !
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby bosbrand » Sun, 13Feb03 12:09

robr wrote:Chaotic gives you 60 days for $20. Chaotic also allows you to download the games in his "members only" site. But these downloads are useless, because near the start of every game, the correct option is left off the screen so you can not play the game all the way through.

I've subscribed to his site a few times in the past, only to download the games, and I've never run into this problem you describe of crippled content.
I've always felt that the $20 Paypal pack and the $20 2month membership are basically identical, in that you download all the games available for twenty bucks.

Since I'm quite curious about the Madison game, despite the silly tits, I would like to ask whether anybody has downloaded that game and seen the crippling robr describes? I'm willing to fork out the $20, but not for a broken game....
bosbrand
great white shark

Postby kokinous » Sun, 13Feb03 13:54

hi
it's possible to help me with vdg maddison 2 i find none endding
mp me please :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
kokinous
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games