Seduce Me

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Seduce Me

Postby MisterU » Mon, 13Jan14 00:38

just out of curiosity i made a search for seduce me reviews, i found a dozen and all of them are putting the game really down, overall opinion lies around this, nice visuals, but the mini card games seem to ruin the game, review rating scores, 3/10, 3/10, 4/10, couldn't find higher than that... ouch [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img] let's see what comes next from those guys...
MisterU
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby nvtsbamf » Mon, 13Jan14 02:10

ive done 2 playthroughs and had no trouble finishing. the card games can be hard at first, but even with bad luck its not hard to win and get a good ending
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Mon, 13Jan14 10:53

MisterU wrote:just out of curiosity i made a search for seduce me reviews, i found a dozen and all of them are putting the game really down, overall opinion lies around this, nice visuals, but the mini card games seem to ruin the game, review rating scores, 3/10, 3/10, 4/10, couldn't find higher than that... ouch [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img] let's see what comes next from those guys...

http://overanalysingaif.blogspot.com/20 ... games.html

I didn't actually give it a score, but I certainly rated it higher than 4/10 (I'd say around 6.5-7 off the top of my head).
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 13Jan14 23:34

ExLibris wrote:
MisterU wrote:just out of curiosity i made a search for seduce me reviews, i found a dozen and all of them are putting the game really down, overall opinion lies around this, nice visuals, but the mini card games seem to ruin the game, review rating scores, 3/10, 3/10, 4/10, couldn't find higher than that... ouch [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img] let's see what comes next from those guys...

http://overanalysingaif.blogspot.com/20 ... games.html

I didn't actually give it a score, but I certainly rated it higher than 4/10 (I'd say around 6.5-7 off the top of my head).

This review looks like a case of split personality... The first half or so is hardly fulsome in its' praise whereas the last couple of paragraphs seem to be an attempt to puff it up... Perhaps this is best demonstrated by the following two statements (the italics are mine):

"While that's realistic in terms of the personalities of the NPCs, I'm not sure that realism is the best option for a fantasy game. Certainly, I've no particular desire to replay the game in order to see an ending".

"While it didn't tick all my boxes, it is undoubtedly a very polished and well produced game that makes Chaotic's output (which is similarly priced) look amateurish. Once I'd gotten over my initial confusion, I didn't have any trouble forcing myself to replay it until I'd seen all the endings".

So not much help there then...
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby t1nm@n » Tue, 13Jan15 11:48

One of the dumbest random-number-generator games I've ever played. [img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img]
t1nm@n
great white shark

Postby anggus » Tue, 13Jan15 18:56

Aside from the card games, which can be learned pretty easily once you get what they're about, the game suffers from lack of user save capability. It sucks having to replay the entire game just because I accidentally got one girl to her ending.
anggus
great white shark

Postby ChadOchocinco » Fri, 13Jan18 03:26

All told, the fundamentals of the game are solid. It's a true "game", that's engaging, and frustrating, and slightly random. Very enjoyable overall from that perspective. I would have hoped for more interactions with the four women, both in terms of more pictures and more stories. I'd look into another one of their games if it offered more from that perspective.
ChadOchocinco
sirens hunter

Postby AngryH » Fri, 13Jan18 15:42

It's like playing cards with a "spicy" deck, and as a reward you get... a hardcore comic strip...

If you like card games, then it's ok.

I think a good 80% of FREE adult games out there have more interactivity and a much more refined plot.

Once upon a time they used to make some games with adult themes, and I want to encourage this kind of market. But really, is "Seduce Me" a video game?
AngryH
lagoon predator

Postby arminvb » Sat, 13Jan19 23:33

i was expecting something very different, a real adult adventure game as it is sold on the website and not click here card game, click there card game.
(i should have read the reviews before purchasing the game :( )

Like AngryH told above, if you really like card games you may probably enjoy this game, but if you're not fan of card games you may get annoyed
very quickly by this game like i did...

The story is nothing special, the plot is pretty simple and it didn't sparked much interest after the nightmare of playing another card game just to see what's next,
it kills any erotic arousal for the player, i got one ending just for the sake of it and still expecting something real fun will happen during the game,
but no.... and just thinking to replay it again to get another ending give me nightmares (having just one save doesn't help too).

The only positive thing i can say about the game it's visuals, i liked the graphic style.
I see a game that could have potential and it was a good effort for an indie game but was totally ruined by the game mechanics imho (always forcing the player to
play another card game to advance in the game)
arminvb
great white shark

Postby Morgwen » Sun, 13Jan20 03:26

arminvb wrote:i was expecting something very different, a real adult adventure game as it is sold on the website and not click here card game, click there card game.
(i should have read the reviews before purchasing the game :( )

Like AngryH told above, if you really like card games you may probably enjoy this game, but if you're not fan of card games you may get annoyed
very quickly by this game like i did...

The story is nothing special, the plot is pretty simple and it didn't sparked much interest after the nightmare of playing another card game just to see what's next,
it kills any erotic arousal for the player, i got one ending just for the sake of it and still expecting something real fun will happen during the game,
but no.... and just thinking to replay it again to get another ending give me nightmares (having just one save doesn't help too).

The only positive thing i can say about the game it's visuals, i liked the graphic style.
I see a game that could have potential and it was a good effort for an indie game but was totally ruined by the game mechanics imho (always forcing the player to
play another card game to advance in the game)

/signed
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 13Jan20 05:20

arminvb wrote:i was expecting something very different, a real adult adventure game as it is sold on the website and not click here card game, click there card game.

While I don't disagree with the substance of your critique, I don't think it's fair to blame No Reply for misrepresenting the game. Unless the website has changed recently, Seduce Me is billed as an "erotic strategy game", which I think is a pretty fair description. Likewise, the descriptions of the game on the forum before release were pretty up front about the card mechanics being the core of the game.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby Franco » Sun, 13Jan20 23:55

I wonder how much the developers play tested the game. Especially how much they play tested it with fans of erotic games.
Franco
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Mon, 13Jan21 02:22

The first rule of any creative endeavor is, "Make the product you would want to consume." If you chase what's currently successful, you make derivative stuff that people complain about. If you ask people what they want, you'll get something that already exists rather than something new and interesting. And, no matter how much effort you pour into it, you'll still get detractors, some of whom will be downright nasty. Your only chance at sanity is to make something YOU like and hope there are enough people with similar tastes around to make all the effort worthwhile.

I hope they made the game they wanted to play, and I applaud them for making something new--not just another MnF rehash. I hope they found enough like-minded players to achieve the level of success they were aiming for.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby Franco » Mon, 13Jan21 04:01

Irving Thalberg (1899–1936), "The Boy Wonder," was part of and helped create Hollywood's Golden Age. As producer, he was responsible for a multitude of highly profitable films including Grand Hotel, China Seas, Camille, Mutiny on the Bounty and The Good Earth. One of the keys to his success was the sneak preview, which he introduced. Through sneak previews, he gained early feedback on what parts of a film were successful with the audience and what parts were not. He used that information for rewrites and extensive re-shooting of scenes to improve the film.
Franco
star of the reef

Postby arminvb » Mon, 13Jan21 13:23

tlaero wrote:The first rule of any creative endeavor is, "Make the product you would want to consume." If you chase what's currently successful, you make derivative stuff that people complain about. If you ask people what they want, you'll get something that already exists rather than something new and interesting. And, no matter how much effort you pour into it, you'll still get detractors, some of whom will be downright nasty. Your only chance at sanity is to make something YOU like and hope there are enough people with similar tastes around to make all the effort worthwhile.
Tlaero

if you're doing games just for fun that sounds really great, if you're doing games as business, unless you're very lucky and gifted, creating something really new and that "everybody likes" (how many times this happens?) , that seems a quick formula to go bankrupt in a short time...
arminvb
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games