Abyss

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Abyss

Postby Guntag » Fri, 12Sep07 00:41

A few days ago, I noticed a new game, Abyss, while checking LoP website.

http://sexandglory.com/index_nvc.php

I waited for a while in order to see if someone would make a comment about it, but I see no one does :)

From the website I can see there are many characters, an interesting investigation gameplay, and the Lovecraftian setting sounds awesome.

I wonder how big this game is, if anyone played it and could make a review, it would be great !

I only regret it is in a different "package" than Living with Britney because I would really like to try this game too, but can't afford both :)
Guntag
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Re: Abyss

Postby leonizer » Fri, 12Sep07 08:30

Well, I'll paste here some info from our blog:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtag!

This is our first big try with the game mixing sex and horror in the adventure gameplay style. We spent a lot of time on it and I hope you gonna like it. And don't forget, that together with Abyss: The rise of Cthulhu comes Jade Dildo - second part of Jack Wells detective game.

And why this is not a part of LOPGOLD? We have to made it separately for some reasons - those game are not flash based and can be played on different kind of mobile devices (LOP GOLD games can't do that), problems with censorship and others.

As Guntag mentioned, game can be played here: http://sexandglory.com/index_nvc.php

Ohh, and I guess that Cthulhu really loves you cause he blessed all lagooners with 7 days free pass.

login: sharkslagoon
pass: welcometoabyss
Access is valid till 2012.09.15

So have fun and let us know if you are feeling comfortable awaking Ancient Ones from the sunken city of Ryleh.
Last edited by leonizer on Sun, 13Jan20 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
leonizer
lagoon predator

Postby butch » Fri, 12Sep07 20:42

Game won't load....for me
butch
Pilot fish

Postby jfrancois323 » Fri, 12Sep07 22:13

it load for me, but when i talk to someone, the text is cut & unable to read more than two lines of text !!
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby adriaa » Sat, 12Sep08 10:00

Nice game leonizer, as always, nice graphics, great story and game start, however I've found some bugs which makes playing it uncomfortable. The first, some dialogues are to long to display, there are just 3 lines and the rest is out of borders. Next I've found that taking things (battery, trap, cheese) before knowing what they are for (before reading the right texts or dialogues) seems to makes them unusable, but maybe you just have use the rigt after the info text, this is strange, sometimes it works ok.
EDIT: OK, I think I've got it, the first you need to click the thing you want to use it on and then the thing from the inventory,

Also, if you finish the game and restart it to play it again, you stil have some things in your inventory (battery, tnt, gloves, ...). Hope this will help you to fix this nice game:-)
Adding save option or save the status after day is over would be also nice:-)
I've foung scenarion 5 and 6 from 8 and I'm stucked, but hope I'll find how to fix the lights after Sophia send me there with her guard.
adriaa
Pilot fish

sex: Female

Postby kessie8yl » Sat, 12Sep08 12:57

adriaa wrote:Nice game leonizer, as always, nice graphics, great story and game start, however I've found some bugs which makes playing it uncomfortable. The first, some dialogues are to long to display, there are just 3 lines and the rest is out of borders. Next I've found that taking things (battery, trap, cheese) before knowing what they are for (before reading the right texts or dialogues) seems to makes them unusable, but maybe you just have use the rigt after the info text, this is strange, sometimes it works ok.
EDIT: OK, I think I've got it, the first you need to click the thing you want to use it on and then the thing from the inventory,

Also, if you finish the game and restart it to play it again, you stil have some things in your inventory (battery, tnt, gloves, ...). Hope this will help you to fix this nice game:-)
Adding save option or save the status after day is over would be also nice:-)
I've foung scenarion 5 and 6 from 8 and I'm stucked, but hope I'll find how to fix the lights after Sophia send me there with her guard.

I can't work out how to fix the locking system... I've got the batteries but every other time I've had to use anything in the inventory all I had to do was click on it but this doesn't work. I've read the previous notes and started over and deliberately left opening the locker until after he's found there maybe a problem with the batteries in the locking system but it still won't let me use them.

I hope this is a glitch because it would be a real step backwards if the controls in this game are not consistent.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby adriaa » Sat, 12Sep08 14:34

kessie8yl: Click once on the locking system so that you have the stripe with tools downstairs on your screen and then take the batteries from your inventory, this works for me.
adriaa
Pilot fish

Postby adriaa » Sat, 12Sep08 14:41

There are 8 endings:
Blow up the station
Escape with Lulu
Let the "nightmare" use your voice
Kill Otto
Kill Sofie
Kill Liza
Do nothing or say they shouldn't open the doors
Listen the voice of the girl that came with Sofie (whatever is her name)

However, none ending is the "good" one :-)
adriaa
Pilot fish

Postby kessie8yl » Sat, 12Sep08 18:27

kessie8yl wrote:
I hope this is a glitch because it would be a real step backwards if the controls in this game are not consistent.

Well it wasn't a glitch... I am very disappointed that what appears to be a "work in progress" seems to have been placed in a premium-content area. There plot has more holes than a tea-strainer, not least with characters being killed and the body left in place right up to the point when they suddenly reappear with no mention made of their neck having been snapped like a twig.

I hate to say it, but even Chaotic has never got things as wrong as that...
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Yamato » Sat, 12Sep08 21:31

Crashed after day one. (The little rectangle with the circle in it just keeps loading indefinitely). :(

In the meantime, love the plot!!!
I can see the hard work done on this!!! :roi:
Yamato
star of the reef

Postby Socio » Sat, 12Sep08 22:10

I cant get it to load either. I shows the screen where it says based on actual events then thats it? any help?
EDIT: I got it to work on google chrome but im still trying to figure out how to use things in your inventory?
Socio
sirens hunter

Postby kessie8yl » Sat, 12Sep08 23:35

Socio wrote:I cant get it to load either. I shows the screen where it says based on actual events then thats it? any help?
EDIT: I got it to work on google chrome but im still trying to figure out how to use things in your inventory?

Yeh - like I said in my earlier comment there is a lack of consistancy in the commands. Sometimes just clicking on the item in the inventory completes the action for you - other times you need to click on the object you want to use the item on and then, with the dialogue box still open, click on the item in the inventory.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby greatone » Sun, 12Sep09 15:33

I played through much of it, and I enjoy the adventure aspects of it. Load times are horrible though
greatone
Pilot fish

Postby Frayne » Sun, 12Sep09 21:10

I'm a little stuck here. I'm suppose to help Kurt catch a mouse, and having a mouse trap, cheese and a mouse hole should be enough. But i can't combine the cheese and the trap, and i can place either on or near the hole. Can someone help me with the mechanics of this problem? Or am i missing something?

Thanks
Frayne
sirens hunter

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 12Sep10 19:47

Frayne wrote:I'm a little stuck here. I'm suppose to help Kurt catch a mouse, and having a mouse trap, cheese and a mouse hole should be enough. But i can't combine the cheese and the trap, and i can place either on or near the hole. Can someone help me with the mechanics of this problem? Or am i missing something?

Thanks

Another variation on object control - it seems to change every time.

I think this one went along the lines of clicking on the hole (keep the interface box open), then click on the trap (baiting a trap before you place it is beyond the logic of this game)... Some smart arse then tells you that you need some bait (like you didn't know that before), so then you click on the trap (keep the interface box open again) and click on the cheese...
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Next

Return to Free sexy games