PUSOOY WEB SITE

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: PUSOOY WEB SITE

Postby PinkVendetta » Thu, 14Oct09 23:10

If the games in the Elite section of his site were/are amazing compared to what is on offer on his front page of his site, then I would be happy to pay for them, if the games in the Elite section are semi finished projects, or games he wants members to bug test and tiny small games, then being honest there is no way I would be paying for them, when you are asked to pay you expect what is hidden from public view to be great compared to what is on offer to the public view.

And many who know him and his work say now they would not donate/pay anymore, I tend to listen to those who know him as I do not, and be guided by their knowledge of the artist and his work or lack of it whatever the case may be.
PinkVendetta
star of the reef

sex: Female

Postby artorawley » Fri, 14Oct10 11:30

PinkVendetta wrote:If the games in the Elite section of his site were/are amazing compared to what is on offer on his front page of his site, then I would be happy to pay for them, if the games in the Elite section are semi finished projects, or games he wants members to bug test and tiny small games, then being honest there is no way I would be paying for them, when you are asked to pay you expect what is hidden from public view to be great compared to what is on offer to the public view.

And many who know him and his work say now they would not donate/pay anymore, I tend to listen to those who know him as I do not, and be guided by their knowledge of the artist and his work or lack of it whatever the case may be.

The Elite games are definitely not semi-finished, but I do have a problem with his whole subscription model. I've felt CG parts 1 & 2 have been terribly disappointing compared to BP and FD before it, and work on CG part 3 has been frustratingly slow. He seems to have other people working with him but I get the feeling they only work on his website and he does his games 100% by himself, for better or worse. I would say a one-time subscription so you can play all of BP & FD isn't a terrible use of your money, but a continued subscription really depends on how indebted to him you feel. Personally, unless he steps up his development speed and starts soliciting help from others to finish his games (like how LOP Gold works with multiple people all working on different games at the same time for steady releases) then I don't feel a second subscription won't be needed until much, much later when he has more games finished. I'm not really sure why his development process takes so long, my best guess is that he works a full-time job and does the games as a hobby. However, if his messageboard is any indication, he gets a lot of new subscriptions every month so I would have figured that would allow him to work only part-time and spend more time on his games.

I think he should create a Patreon, as those have really taken off this year for content creators. Akabur, the guy that made the Renpy games Magic Shop and Princess Trainer is currently finishing up a new game and receives over $5,000 USD a month to help him work on his games and not have to worry about working a full-time job (or in his case, even a part-time job, really). Pusooy seems to have a lot of fans all over the world so I think he could have a very successful Patreon drive if he wanted to.
artorawley
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Greebo » Fri, 14Oct10 11:44

My understanding was that Puso is a (struggling?) artist who started making games as a hobby but early on found donations were a way to make up for the added burden of costs involved in running his games site. I suspect he has found his present financial model to be rather more lucrative than his initial intent!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 14Oct10 11:50

Greebo wrote:My understanding was that Puso is a (struggling?) artist who started making games as a hobby but early on found donations were a way to make up for the added burden of costs involved in running his games site. I suspect he has found his present financial model to be rather more lucrative than his initial intent!

Ugh? Do I get that to mean that you think that he stepped from hobby to potential means to fund it (maybe more) but without doing much for those who earlier admired his work?
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby PinkVendetta » Fri, 14Oct10 13:31

artorawley wrote:
PinkVendetta wrote:If the games in the Elite section of his site were/are amazing compared to what is on offer on his front page of his site, then I would be happy to pay for them, if the games in the Elite section are semi finished projects, or games he wants members to bug test and tiny small games, then being honest there is no way I would be paying for them, when you are asked to pay you expect what is hidden from public view to be great compared to what is on offer to the public view.

The Elite games are definitely not semi-finished, but I do have a problem with his whole subscription model. I've felt CG parts 1 & 2 have been terribly disappointing compared to BP and FD before it, and work on CG part 3 has been frustratingly slow. He seems to have other people working with him but I get the feeling they only work on his website and he does his games 100% by himself, for better or worse. I would say a one-time subscription so you can play all of BP & FD isn't a terrible use of your money, but a continued subscription really depends on how indebted to him you feel. Personally, unless he steps up his development speed and starts soliciting help from others to finish his games (like how LOP Gold works with multiple people all working on different games at the same time for steady releases) then I don't feel a second subscription won't be needed until much, much later when he has more games finished. I'm not really sure why his development process takes so long, my best guess is that he works a full-time job and does the games as a hobby. However, if his messageboard is any indication, he gets a lot of new subscriptions every month so I would have figured that would allow him to work only part-time and spend more time on his games.

I think he should create a Patreon, as those have really taken off this year for content creators. Akabur, the guy that made the Renpy games Magic Shop and Princess Trainer is currently finishing up a new game and receives over $5,000 USD a month to help him work on his games and not have to worry about working a full-time job (or in his case, even a part-time job, really). Pusooy seems to have a lot of fans all over the world so I think he could have a very successful Patreon drive if he wanted to.

Thanks for the reply and all the information, I am much wiser now than I was before, excellent reply, thank you.
PinkVendetta
star of the reef

sex: Female

Postby Greebo » Fri, 14Oct10 15:49

Squeeky wrote:
Greebo wrote:My understanding was that Puso is a (struggling?) artist who started making games as a hobby but early on found donations were a way to make up for the added burden of costs involved in running his games site. I suspect he has found his present financial model to be rather more lucrative than his initial intent!

Ugh? Do I get that to mean that you think that he stepped from hobby to potential means to fund it (maybe more) but without doing much for those who earlier admired his work?

I'm unsure -- he puzzles me.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Previous

Return to Free sexy games