(updated)New game. The adventures of super shlong issue 1.

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

(updated)New game. The adventures of super shlong issue 1.

Postby lamont Sanford » Sat, 12Jun30 02:07

Made a new game, short and sweet. Do not expect peril in pleasantville part 2 heh . This is just a little morsel of a game akin to an issue of a comic book, if people like it there will be more. The game is played with the same programs you used for PIP.

old link removed due to a small bug I noticed which would trigger an incorrect picture.. please delete your game file and use this one instead.http://www.mediafire.com/?6g9i8687u6su7nm

If you have a problem downloading from mediafire let me know and I will re upload to another place.
Last edited by lamont Sanford on Sat, 12Jun30 23:23, edited 3 times in total.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Re: New game. The adventures of super shlong issue 1.

Postby cheese101 » Sat, 12Jun30 16:23

it was very enjoyable,however some form of hint on what to do would have been lovely, for example
asked zookeeper about locker,no response
however when i asked her about key 5 minutes later,it worked.

but aside from that it was nice and fun, pity it ended so soon :P
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby Chappers » Sat, 12Jun30 17:58

Good work!

I enjoyed the game, and the episodic style is new and fresh to me, I don't know of any AIF games that done it before, I look forward to seeing more of Fridigia (love name lol).
Chappers
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby lamont Sanford » Sat, 12Jun30 19:06

cheese101 wrote:it was very enjoyable,however some form of hint on what to do would have been lovely, for example

direct code from game:

(After reading a command:
if the player's command includes "ask zookeeper about locker" , replace matched text with "ask zookeeper about brass key".

After reading a command:
if the player's command includes "ask woman about locker" , replace matched text with "ask zookeeper about brass key".

After reading a command:
if the player's command includes "ask zookeeper about equipment locker" , replace matched text with "ask zookeeper about brass key".

After reading a command:
if the player's command includes "ask woman about equipment locker" , replace matched text with "ask zookeeper about brass key". )

So if you ask her about the locker there should never be a non response. Not sure how you worded your question.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Sat, 12Jun30 19:58

Some people have reported problems with the file when downloading using sendspace, if you are one of these people here is an alternative location to download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6g9i8687u6su7nm

edited because I noticed a small error which I fixed, use this link^^^^
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Sat, 12Jun30 21:13

lamont Sanford wrote:Some people have reported problems with the file when downloading using sendspace, if you are one of these people here is an alternative location to download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6g9i8687u6su7nm

edited because I noticed a small error which I fixed, use this link^^^^

Just my thoughts but if ALL downloads are listed on post 1 it's very easy for all to find.
You can edit your first post to add sites or change a mistake.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby cheese101 » Sat, 12Jun30 22:59

lamont Sanford wrote:
cheese101 wrote:it was very enjoyable,however some form of hint on what to do would have been lovely, for example

direct code from game:

(After reading a command:
if the player's command includes "ask zookeeper about locker" , replace matched text with "ask zookeeper about brass key".

After reading a command:
if the player's command includes "ask woman about locker" , replace matched text with "ask zookeeper about brass key".

After reading a command:
if the player's command includes "ask zookeeper about equipment locker" , replace matched text with "ask zookeeper about brass key".

After reading a command:
if the player's command includes "ask woman about equipment locker" , replace matched text with "ask zookeeper about brass key". )

So if you ask her about the locker there should never be a non response. Not sure how you worded your question.

have tried it again and it worked,assume i must have misspelled something,sorry :P
cheese101
star of the reef

Re: (updated)New game. The adventures of super shlong issue

Postby thk » Sat, 12Jun30 23:49

I'm always up for a new AIF game.
thk
lagoon predator

Postby wriggler » Sun, 12Jul01 10:06

lamont Sanford wrote: (After reading a command:

After reading a command:

That is not good practice, I'd think. You make coding conversations harder for yourself than it needs to be. Ideally, you would have some kind of topic system, but natively Inform only uses string tokens. However, you can already improve your range of possible permutations with the built-in features. Taken from the manual:

It is also often the case that we want to accept more than one form of a term. For instance

Code: Select all
    Instead of asking the Sybil about "Darius/king", say "Her smile unnerves you."

will match either "Darius" or "king". If necessary, we can go a step further and define our own token to match a variety of phrases, like this:

Understand "Athenians/Spartans/Greeks" or "hoplite army/forces" as "[Greeks]". Instead of asking the Sybil about "[Greeks]", say "She looks encouraging."

The token "[Greeks]" will match all of "Athenians", "Spartans", "Greeks", "hoplite army", or "hoplite forces".

So if the zookeeper is an object with multiple synonyms, you could cover many more cases without replacing the text the player entered.

Much better still is the use of an extension like the Conversation Framework that lets you work with objects/things instead of string tokens.
wriggler
Pilot fish

Postby lamont Sanford » Sun, 12Jul01 20:50

wriggler wrote:
lamont Sanford wrote: (After reading a command:

After reading a command:

That is not good practice, I'd think. You make coding conversations harder for yourself than it needs to be. Ideally, you would have some kind of topic system, but natively Inform only uses string tokens. However, you can already improve your range of possible permutations with the built-in features. Taken from the manual:

It is also often the case that we want to accept more than one form of a term. For instance

Instead of asking the Sybil about "Darius/king", say "Her smile unnerves you."

will match either "Darius" or "king". If necessary, we can go a step further and define our own token to match a variety of phrases, like this:

Understand "Athenians/Spartans/Greeks" or "hoplite army/forces" as "[Greeks]". Instead of asking the Sybil about "[Greeks]", say "She looks encouraging."

The token "[Greeks]" will match all of "Athenians", "Spartans", "Greeks", "hoplite army", or "hoplite forces".

So if the zookeeper is an object with multiple synonyms, you could cover many more cases without replacing the text the player entered.

Much better still is the use of an extension like the Conversation Framework that lets you work with objects/things instead of string tokens.

You are correct, in this circumstance there are only a small amount of things you can talk about. I had it so if you ask for the key she gives it to you, but also wanted it so if you asked about the locker it would give the same reply..but if I did a understand "locker" as key type thing then if you examined the locker it would give you an answer as if you were examining the key...If I had a more robust conversation pool in the game I would have coded a bit differently but as it was I just cut and pasted the "after reading a command" and replaced a few words..seemed just as quick/easy. Thanks for the reply though, I know for certain I do go about things in a funky way at times lol.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Tue, 12Jul03 02:54

Well..has anyone played it? lol
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby clawixp » Tue, 12Jul03 03:33

lamont Sanford wrote:Well..has anyone played it? lol

Yea. It wasn't bad. Not much in the way of story, but the first puzzle was nice and the pictures were good.
clawixp
great white shark

Postby psycho72 » Tue, 12Jul03 07:25

clawixp wrote:

Yea. It wasn't bad. Not much in the way of story, but the first puzzle was nice and the pictures were good.

played it got the lizard but then what or am i going about it the wrong way please pm hint
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby ltpika » Tue, 12Jul03 11:04

I enjoyed it, short, fun game.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby clawixp » Tue, 12Jul03 18:46

psycho72 wrote:
clawixp wrote:

played it got the lizard but then what or am i going about it the wrong way please pm hint

Throw it at the gorilla
clawixp
great white shark

Next

Return to Free sexy games