Peril in Pleasantville

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Peril in Pleasantville

Postby ZaphodB » Sun, 12Sep30 05:49

Been playing this recently and I must congratulate the author on a fine effort. I think the recent posts have given most of the criticisms such as the need to tie the alien story, if you must have one, into the dating story. I suppose where I am coming from is the peerless Goblinboy's SD3 (with a smidgeon of Meteor) and I'm glad another game has been written along those lines. What I really liked was the number of characters, but wish you could develop them a bit more in a sequel. Also I liked the idea that every visit to the nightclub was different making me think if I go on a date what am I missing ;) Not played it enough yet so I don't know if the dates provide progressively more options but I think you should look at that aspect. I thought the "think about" aspect worked well but the time was a bit odd with the waiting and then time leaping suddenly but obviously that's tricky.

In short, very good game, hope there's a sequel with more rounding to the characters, perhaps a little more variety in the sex (probably spoilt by GB) and perhaps make the hero work a bit more to get the girls and some money. Fantastic start your gamemaking.

P.S. I did start to learn TADS but I didn't put the effort in, even though I had an idea for a game which involved school and a genie, so anybody who does create a game of this quality using whatever energy deserves plenty of praise.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby lamont Sanford » Sun, 12Sep30 15:53

Thank you. I guess a sequel is not totally out of the question but if it happens it will not be for a looooong time.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby caravaggio » Wed, 12Oct03 10:27

I found your game absolutely fantastic!well,not the alien part,I had to follow exlibris walkthrough to understand something about that,but the dating sim part was really great,with some awesome characters..also,even if I'm not really into milfs the part with mrs johnson(was her,right?) it was one of the best for me..I wished it could be developed a little more though,like another "date" with her or just that the first one lasted a little longer..renee was another character who really intrigued me,yum..the bad was the annoying class's hours..you could have added a lot more events like the "olivia fall asleep" to lighten it up.
Anyhow one of the greatest game of this genre,second only to SD3 to me (or was it" for me"?)..
caravaggio
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby viper9684 » Tue, 12Oct09 01:45

Can someone please help me... so when you at the party at maggie's in part 1 ... you have to pass the bong to katie to do something with emily... i used every combination possible....i type
pass bong to katie or give bong to katie
... and none of it works.. can someone please please help me... very frustrated.. i have looked at earlier posts so yes i searched the forum.. nothing works... thanks for the help :)
viper9684
Pilot fish

Postby lamont Sanford » Tue, 12Oct09 02:08

either of those "should" work, not sure why it did not.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby viper9684 » Tue, 12Oct09 02:11

yeah i typed both of them and it didnt nothing finally emily interupted and just took it from me
viper9684
Pilot fish

Postby stoper » Tue, 12Oct09 08:30

I think I had similar problem, just load an older save, and try again.
stoper
great white shark

Postby Bigmanbishop » Tue, 12Oct09 23:55

viper9684 wrote:Can someone please help me... so when you at the party at maggie's in part 1 ... you have to pass the bong to katie to do something with emily... i used every combination possible....i type
... and none of it works.. can someone please please help me... very frustrated.. i have looked at earlier posts so yes i searched the forum.. nothing works... thanks for the help :)

Did you use the bong? When you have the bong you have to use it then pass it.
Bigmanbishop
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Wed, 12Oct10 00:27

Bigmanbishop wrote:
viper9684 wrote:Can someone please help me... so when you at the party at maggie's in part 1 ... you have to pass the bong to katie to do something with emily... i used every combination possible....i type

Did you use the bong? When you have the bong you have to use it then pass it.

You only have to use the bong if you've been drinking. If you haven't you can just choose to pass it along immediately.
If you have been drinking, giving the bong to someone else without using it first will cause the game to get stuck because the party won't advance without you using the bong and you can't use the bong because it's in someone else's possession.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Lost_King » Mon, 12Oct22 15:14

Long time lurker here but this game actually made me join the forums, one of the best games i've played from this site well done!

Overall brilliant, loads of girls and excellent designs. Found it a bit hard in places though with only basic knowledge of how text based games like this work. Without the guides of the previous poster I would have missed an awful lot.
Lost_King
Pilot fish

Postby lamont Sanford » Tue, 12Oct23 05:59

Lost_King wrote:Long time lurker here but this game actually made me join the forums, one of the best games i've played from this site well done!

Overall brilliant, loads of girls and excellent designs. Found it a bit hard in places though with only basic knowledge of how text based games like this work. Without the guides of the previous poster I would have missed an awful lot.

Wow, thats awesome thanks a lot.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby avantissimo » Sat, 13Mar23 22:59

Apologies for dragging up an old thread but can anyone tell me where I can download part 1 of this game? all the links I have found are down.
avantissimo
sirens hunter

Postby 6opoga » Sun, 13Mar24 00:27

avantissimo wrote:Apologies for dragging up an old thread but can anyone tell me where I can download part 1 of this game? all the links I have found are down.

try this
http://www.4shared.com/get/H8pvQUru/Peril_in_Pleasantville_part_1.html
6opoga
great white shark

Postby Köpi » Sun, 13Mar24 17:12

Has someone a working link to download part 1 please? I'm gone through all pages of this topic, but i couldn't find a working download. The mediafire links don't work for me and the other link for downloading part 1 in the middle of this thread is down too.
Köpi
great white shark

Postby Morgwen » Sun, 13Mar24 20:26

:??:

What is wrong with the link 6opoga posted? Its working...
Morgwen
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games