Peril in Pleasantville

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Peril in Pleasantville

Postby landrail » Tue, 12Jun12 09:49

What wrong with ecstasy? I brought it, but there is no change. I can get only olivia or katie with celebrity. Do I need additional command?
landrail
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby bredster » Tue, 12Jun12 10:42

lamont Sanford wrote:
bredster wrote:Hi,

I have all 5 words, but can't play in part 2

1 Animals
2 Fruits & Vegetables
3 Fish
4 Countries
5 Shapes

is it a bug?

what 5 words do you have?

I can't use firs word Animals. The Gorilla work fine.
bredster
great white shark

Postby bredster » Tue, 12Jun12 14:20

The game is awesome. I hope you continue produce the games. I'll be waiting you next game!!!
bredster
great white shark

Postby stoper » Tue, 12Jun12 15:42

I'm currently playing the first part, and it's cool. But man, is it hard to find the right words/verbs or what... If it wasn't for ExLibris' walkthrough (thanks, man) I would've given up on the game shortly after starting it.
And so far nothing spicy or dirty, just casual stuff. Except Ms Johnson maybe, that was kind of cool sex scene.
Using 3d sex villa is a smart move, but it really looks bad. I would have preferred text descriptions instead. Good to hear that you're learning some Daz Studio.
A map of the city would've been good as well.
stoper
great white shark

Postby nezumi69 » Tue, 12Jun12 15:49

bredster wrote:Hi,

I have all 5 words, but can't play in part 2

1 Animals
2 Fruits & Vegetables
3 Fish
4 Countries
5 Shapes

is it a bug?

Those 5 are only the catagories of words from which the password series is derived. "Animals" would fail as the first password, but "Lion" would work (if it was used). So, when you come to the end of part 1, you should be given 5 words. Those words should fit into the 5 catagories you have listed, in the order you have listed.
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8yl » Tue, 12Jun12 16:28

stoper wrote:I'm currently playing the first part, and it's cool. But man, is it hard to find the right words/verbs or what... If it wasn't for ExLibris' walkthrough (thanks, man) I would've given up on the game shortly after starting it.
And so far nothing spicy or dirty, just casual stuff. Except Ms Johnson maybe, that was kind of cool sex scene.
Using 3d sex villa is a smart move, but it really looks bad. I would have preferred text descriptions instead. Good to hear that you're learning some Daz Studio.
A map of the city would've been good as well.

Yes a map would be great - having no map is alright for the girls, they don't mind stopping to ask for directions :lol:
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby roberttx » Tue, 12Jun12 17:10

Mimailia wrote:
ExLibris wrote:Judging by the questions here, everyone seems to be well into Part 2, so it seems like a good time to say that my walkthrough for Part 1 is available (http://aifsansmystery.blogspot.com/2012/06/walkthrough-peril-in-pleasantville-by.html). Better late than never.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, there is a wallet with $40.00 in it in the theater bathroom stall IIRC.

M

What verb do you use to get it? "Search stall" "look in stall" and "x stall" haven't worked for me.
roberttx
lagoon predator

Postby Mimailia » Tue, 12Jun12 17:26

roberttx wrote:"x stall" haven't worked for me.

">x stall
A bathroom stall you can go in sits unoccupied.
>in
Stall
Oh man someone was in here...recently the stench is overwhelming.
You can see Leather Wallet. here.
>x leather
Somone must have lost there wallet in here
>get it
You open up the leather wallet and find 40 dollars inside which you quickly take. After you take the cash you decide to stuff the wallet back behind the toilet"

I had hoped others had "found" enough money to do everything.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby roberttx » Tue, 12Jun12 17:30

Thanks...

You can never have too much money [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Mimailia wrote:
roberttx wrote:"x stall" haven't worked for me.

">x stall
A bathroom stall you can go in sits unoccupied.
>in
Stall
Oh man someone was in here...recently the stench is overwhelming.
You can see Leather Wallet. here.
>x leather
Somone must have lost there wallet in here
>get it
You open up the leather wallet and find 40 dollars inside which you quickly take. After you take the cash you decide to stuff the wallet back behind the toilet"

I had hoped others had "found" enough money to do everything.

M
roberttx
lagoon predator

Postby FedoraMan » Tue, 12Jun12 23:02

Decent enough game overall, I agree that finding the walkthrough alleviated a lot of frustration.

I have no idea how hard it would be to implement in whatever code base you are using, but an option to "wait until (enter a time)" would be very handy if it's possible. Many times I found myself with 2 1/2 hours to kill until a date or something, and having to type "z enter z enter z enter ... " ad nauseum got quite annoying.

Also, on a personal note, please please PLEASE learn the difference between "your" and "you're"! It's a pet peeve, but it drives me NUTS!

I do commend you for the amount of work that you've already put into this game, though. There's room for improvement, but that's only because there'a a solid start; otherwise it wouldn't be worth improving!
FedoraMan
great white shark

Postby julier » Tue, 12Jun12 23:39

lamont Sanford wrote:
bigchief wrote:Aha, thanks.

Btw - I also get the bug with Emily @ party

It happens when I need to remove my underwear. Don't get the prompt, instead I can spin bottle again (or remove), but neither trigger the next sequences and it just loops for a bit then freezes.

during testing someone had this happen and I could never replicate it (still havent) I did the scene with emily like a bazillion times too. the only bug during that scene i know of is the potential for the first part (the stripping) due to its randomness it has a small chance of not picking you over and over for a long time and eventually it sort of freezes up that only happens like maybe once out of 30 playthroughs though and I never really knew why it happened at all.

I found that the bug seems to be about the item name. If you invite any other date or no girls, the underwear is called "your boxers", but when you invite Emily, it is called "Boxer briefs". Thus, it is never recognized as the trigger.

BTW, I also have to agree that this game is awesome, specially for a "first game". Please, don't make it also your last game [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
julier
Pilot fish

Postby PapaSmurf » Wed, 12Jun13 01:25

n/m
PapaSmurf
lagoon predator

Postby ltpika » Wed, 12Jun13 02:36

FedoraMan wrote:Decent enough game overall, I agree that finding the walkthrough alleviated a lot of frustration.

I have no idea how hard it would be to implement in whatever code base you are using, but an option to "wait until (enter a time)" would be very handy if it's possible. Many times I found myself with 2 1/2 hours to kill until a date or something, and having to type "z enter z enter z enter ... " ad nauseum got quite annoying.

Also, on a personal note, please please PLEASE learn the difference between "your" and "you're"! It's a pet peeve, but it drives me NUTS!

I do commend you for the amount of work that you've already put into this game, though. There's room for improvement, but that's only because there'a a solid start; otherwise it wouldn't be worth improving!

It really kills the replayability, especially if you've got a lot of wait commands in store. a way to pass the time by 4 or 6 minutes might help.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Jun13 02:57

reason I removed a longer wait is that there are alot of events that happen at a certain set time and if you waited right before it happens you will pass it by and scenes wouldnt trigger. As an example lets say that on tuesday at 6pm katie is to move to a certain location. if you waited at 5:56 for 10 mins then the katie move would never happen...replace that with any other possible scenario. The only other solution would have been to have each turn take more than 2 mins, this then would present a new set of problems in making the day go too fast and narrowing the amount of things you can do. During school hours I did my best to have time skips so all of a sudden it would jump from say 11:10 to 11:45 in 1 turn for example. Tried to cut out as much of the downtime as I could..it was a learning experience that I will try to fix in future projects.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby ltpika » Wed, 12Jun13 03:08

I've never made it to the end of spin the bottle with emily. On the last turn the message "you must remove an article of clothing" is missing. When I play tested I tried all the variables I could think of, one at a time. I went with and without ecstasy. I picked her up at 6, 6:30, 7 and 7:06. I tried to spin and have her keep her clothes on the whole time. I tried using different verbs in spinning the bottle: "spin bottle" "spin empty bottle" "spin the bottle" "spin the empty bottle."

Since most people are not reporting this issue, it must have to do with the verbs...we all pick different ones, based on what occurs to us first. Now that a lot of people have played I must ask the people who have never had a problem with the scene:

What command do you use to spin the bottle?
What command do you use to remove each article of clothing? (i.e. what do you call the shirt, shorts, underwear, etc.)
ltpika
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games