Katawa Shoujo - Dating Sim

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Katawa Shoujo - Dating Sim

Postby Gatsu » Sat, 12Jan21 08:30

It's the answers in the first act that determines which girl you'll continue with, then ther's generally very little options until the end. Nevertheless, saving before each choice is nearly an obligation on this game.

You can find walkthrough in Gamefaqs if you want : I don't use it but it could be useful. ;)
Gatsu
great white shark

Postby Lotex » Sat, 12Jan21 16:00

I think this game is pretty amesome, maybe a little too long, but I'd say the story is worth the time - a good alternative to the other games where your only goal is to lay a girl :D
how many endings does it have, like one for every girl or are there some girls with no endings?
Lotex
sirens hunter

Postby Gatsu » Sat, 12Jan21 17:01

I think there's one for every girl (not sure for Misha though) and maybe one for Kenji (???). I'm in the last act with Shizune and it turns quite unexpected so far.
Gatsu
great white shark

Postby Hoboy » Sat, 12Jan21 20:34

If you play one of these strictly for the sex, then this isn't for you. However, if you enjoy a good, well-told tale with emotions and feeling and long term replay-ability, then this will satisfy. So far went all the way through on Lilly (always thought she was the hottest) and will now begin to work through the rest. And has been stated, if you click through the text you are missing out. VERY well written and poignant...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby rabbie » Sun, 12Jan22 04:23

There is an ending with kenji...his branch is very short....and quite funny.
rabbie
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby dafsa » Sun, 12Jan22 21:08

When I played this, there was one thing I didn't expect to find at the end. Perspective. After finishing all of the routes, I realized I found...perspective of my life and everyone in it. Especially since I feel a lot like Hisao himself. I think Rin's story offered the most perspective of just life in general. I didn't realize how much I needed this until I finished the game.
dafsa
sirens hunter

Postby piirus » Wed, 12Jan25 04:00

Just played this through focusing on Hanako. The script and characters are amazing. The game itself was a rare treat.

I didn't really expect anything from this game, but wow, just wow.

I can't bring myself to play concentrating on any of the other characters right now after being emotionally invested in Hanako. It is very rare for me to lose myself in a game like this.

I read in an earlier post that a play through on this game takes about 2 hours for a play through. I was at almost 5 hours.

Big thanks to the OP for sharing.
piirus
Pilot fish

Postby missing1959 » Wed, 12Jan25 05:30

There are a couple ending for some of the ladies......both good and bad, so its worth it to return down memory lane and revisit some of the paths less taken.

i have been through most, but still am trying to get through 100%

i have a feeling there is some special picture in the gallery if you complete it
missing1959
Pilot fish

Postby DSonik » Wed, 12Jan25 14:11

OK this is my first post here, & although I always meant to use it to talk about one of Shark's great games(Thank you, Shark. btw ;) ), Katawa Shoujo surprised the heck out of me, and I was compelled to add my full support of it to the Lagoon.

This is a masterpiece, I can't believe it. It was my first visual novel, and I don't think it will be my last, but I doubt (m)any will live up to this one.

I have only finished the Emi & Hanako routes, I guess I fell into the Emi route through my natural play, rather than the clear choice which I made for Hanako.

Emi's route was very fun and engaging but also poignant. I really liked the effect Emi had on Hisao, making him face his heart problem, and act to try to improve his health and himself.

While Hanako's was sweet, heart-rending & tear-jerking. I guess it hit extremely close to home having two terribly shy characters try so hard to make something work.

I like that Hisao is really different based on player choices and each partners influence, it makes each choice seem more like his "emergent personality" in action, rather than a simple binary "What if" random scenario selection. Even though it's the player who really determines if Hisao is "ambitious", "protective", "quirky", "reckless", "fun", "shy" etc.

I wanted to delay my next route, but just writing this post has whetted my appetite for some more.
DSonik
Pilot fish

Postby Synthus » Wed, 12Jan25 15:08

If you enjoyed Katawa Shoujo, try out Private Nurse and Crescendo as well.

I must admit, I never bought into the hype for this game and never expected something of this quality. It's given me a sort of vicarious release for some of the feelings I've kept pent up in me.
Synthus
great white shark

Postby Lotex » Thu, 12Jan26 00:07

DSonik wrote:This is a masterpiece, I can't believe it. It was my first visual novel, and I don't think it will be my last, but I doubt (m)any will live up to this one.

it was the same for me. i ended up with emi first, took some other directions and got other endings. until now, i have finished every girl at least once.

i think emi's path is a really, REALLY good one and i liked it a lot. the path of hanako and shizune were nearly as good as emi's, but still i liked emi's a little.
i ended up with finishing rin as the last one, because i think she's pretty weird and well...it's not like it's a bad one, but i don't like it as much as the others...it's just weird and some people may like it for that reason, but for me...ok let's drop this one for now :D
like first things first, here it is best things last :D
lilly's path was absolutely overkill...in an absolutely amazing way - it was really piteous.

at first, it was good - it evolved from something really cute to "woah, didn't expect that now/so fast". till the end, it was like "omg, nooooo...why, whhhhyyyyy does it have to be soooo sad ;_;" and at the very end, evetything was very heart-warming"

i love the fact that hisao changes his personality in every way, depending on which decisions you take and other than that, every character was amazing in its own way, completely different in their behavior, what they like, what they're interested in and so on.

all in all, it is VERY well done. i couldn't do anything else then compliment these guys (or maybe girls, i don't know) who created this game, even if i wanted to.
Lotex
sirens hunter

Postby dafsa » Thu, 12Jan26 03:34

I think Lilly's is the one everyone should do last (I didn't, ended up doing Rin's last).

Best ending, for all involved. Honestly, if there had to be a canon path, it'd probably be hers. It had an epilogue, it was one of the few paths to actually address Hisao's Arrhythmia as a problem, and a lot of characters benefitted from the path, not just Hisao and Lilly.
dafsa
sirens hunter

Postby Gatsu » Fri, 12Jan27 14:24

Totally agreed dafsa!!

A real rollercoaster of emotions in this path.
Gatsu
great white shark

Postby Felix » Sat, 12Apr28 23:24

I only recently found this and it is absolutely smashing.
More a novel than a game, obviously, but written in a charming, heart-warming and - at moments - erotic language.

The only remark (for me) is that it could have had more images instead of the dozen that keep coming back. An example: in one scene you put a coat around one of the girls, but the image itself stays unchanged (showing the girl without the coat). There are lots of scenes like this where the text says something different than what the pictures are showing.
Felix Atagong
The ArianeB 7.x Walkthroughs at
http://arianeb.atagong.com
Felix
lagoon predator

Postby Gatsu » Sun, 12Apr29 07:11

If I'm not mistaking, it's an amateur game project : that can explain this (not excuse it of course). I also regret that, but the game is still great to play though. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Gatsu
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games