Gift of Phallius 3 (by GoblinBoy)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Gift of Phallius 3 (by GoblinBoy)

Postby fensome7 » Mon, 12Apr02 14:32

TheBrain wrote:
GaGa wrote:I've noticed there hasn't been a lot of chatter about the preview included in GoP 3 about GoblinBoy's next game, does anyone have any news/info about that one ?

These games take a lot of time to make. There was over a year between Meteor and GoP3. And goblinboy hasn't given out much info in the past. Just be patient, a year may be a long time, but that really shows in the quality of his games.

The reason that there was a year in between the release of Meteor and GoP3 is because i remember goblinboy was making a small game to enter the AIF mini-comp (Lost or Last horizon, i can't remember which) and when the mini-comp was over he spent a fair few weeks afterwards re-developing that game for another release with more endings and more images which i imagine took up some time.
I'm only commenting on your post because some people might read it and feel a little aggitated thinking they need to wait that long when they probably won't. It was only 5-6 months after he released Lost or Last horizon that GoP3 was released.
fensome7
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby TheBrain » Mon, 12Apr02 14:47

fensome7 wrote:
TheBrain wrote:
GaGa wrote:I've noticed there hasn't been a lot of chatter about the preview included in GoP 3 about GoblinBoy's next game, does anyone have any news/info about that one ?

These games take a lot of time to make. There was over a year between Meteor and GoP3. And goblinboy hasn't given out much info in the past. Just be patient, a year may be a long time, but that really shows in the quality of his games.

The reason that there was a year in between the release of Meteor and GoP3 is because i remember goblinboy was making a small game to enter the AIF mini-comp (Lost or Last horizon, i can't remember which) and when the mini-comp was over he spent a fair few weeks afterwards re-developing that game for another release with more endings and more images which i imagine took up some time.
I'm only commenting on your post because some people might read it and feel a little aggitated thinking they need to wait that long when they probably won't. It was only 5-6 months after he released Lost or Last horizon that GoP3 was released.

The key points there would be 'small game' and the fact that he started on GoP3 way before the 6 months you mention. But I might as well point out there was over a year between SD3 and Meteor with nothing in between afaik...
The thing is that if you say it's going to take about 6 months, then if it isn't done a few months from now there'll be posts like "omg, it's been 6 months, where is the game!?". While if you don't get peoples hopes up they will probably just be pleasantly surprised when it does get released earlier, not agitated (I would).
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby rabbie » Mon, 12Apr02 15:41

From what ive heard from him and other Goblinboy has a mad scientist type approach to working on games im sure at one point he had about 3-4 games that were half done. I know he had 2 mini comp games and SD2 at one point (maybe Gop aswell, not sure) plus metor, gop 3 and In Darkness at another point. Plus he starts making small games and ends up making them huge - adding bits here and there to already finished games making them twice as long by the time he is done. Its all good things though since all his games are amazing and always worth the wait.
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby fensome7 » Mon, 12Apr02 16:00

TheBrain wrote:The key points there would be 'small game' and the fact that he started on GoP3 way before the 6 months you mention. But I might as well point out there was over a year between SD3 and Meteor with nothing in between afaik...
The thing is that if you say it's going to take about 6 months, then if it isn't done a few months from now there'll be posts like "omg, it's been 6 months, where is the game!?". While if you don't get peoples hopes up they will probably just be pleasantly surprised when it does get released earlier, not agitated (I would).

Fair point, i forgot about the gap between SD3 and Meteor. I suppose the main problems with a game like SD3, Meteor and GoP3 etc.. is that when you play them you don't encounter many or any bugs at all, You just go through the game smoothly and so you don't fully appreciate the finer more important details i.e. the right Images in sync with the correct scene, spelling mistakes, different nouns and commands. In other words the entire process of finalising and polishing off a game, which i heard is the most time consuming part of it, means that i don't think an author can give an actual or probable release date for something like this. But if like goblinboy has said that this new game is not going to be on the same size scale as the others then i think it definitely won't be a year between the release, Or at least hopefully. But as the author of it he might suddenly decide he wants it to be a large scale game and so might take longer. Thats why it's best just to keep checking up on an author's updates, as oppose to reading and taking in others comments, like i did.
fensome7
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Tue, 12Apr03 06:59

TheBrain wrote:These games take a lot of time to make. There was over a year between Meteor and GoP3. And goblinboy hasn't given out much info in the past. Just be patient, a year may be a long time, but that really shows in the quality of his games.

There was also about two years between the release of SD2 and the release of SD3, with only a couple of minicomp games in between. Also, from memory GoP3 was started even before Meteor. It was widely considered to be Goblinboy's 'next' game virtually up to the point at which he released Meteor

Something else to take into consideration is that Goblinboy is actually remarkably quick at writing his games, especially considering their size. BBBen started work on Pervert Action Crisis some time in 2005 I believe.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby western_pro » Sun, 12Apr15 07:32

WHen looking for the mandrake it doesnt let me get past the 3 guards [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img] help?
western_pro
Pilot fish

Postby Morgwen » Sun, 12Apr15 22:19

western_pro wrote:WHen looking for the mandrake it doesnt let me get past the 3 guards [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img] help?

are you sure youe read the recipe? if yes than try to look for the other parts before you search the mandrake. the guards will follow and guard you!
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby Wankelraser » Fri, 12Jun08 15:40

Hi
I've found in this Forum how to get the dark ending. But i didn't got the scene where Farek fucks Vialla at the pillory. Can somebody expain how i can achive this scene?
Thanks in advance
Wankelraser
Pilot fish

Postby dboy » Sun, 12Jun10 11:58

Where is the game? It says can't be found on the 1st link?
dboy
great white shark

Postby ragoth » Wed, 12Nov07 17:42

Sorry to bump this old thread.
I'm just looking for the file with graphics in it. The filefront link already expired.
Can maybe someone, who has it, upload it somewhere and link it to me?
Would be really great
ragoth
Pilot fish

sex: Female

Postby Morgwen » Wed, 12Nov07 18:48

piirus wrote:Found it.

http://aifcommunity.org/

EDIT: No Direct Links to files that you are not the author of. Please familiarize yourself with the rules here.

This is the link to the game.

Look in Games/Tads/tads2 and download the gift3 file.

You are not allowed to post direct links thats the reason why you have to search. ;)
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby Juju » Sun, 12Dec09 14:39

Salut à tous,
Ma question n'a rien à voir avec GoP3, mais je voulais savoir si quelqu'un sait quand le prochain jeu de Goblinboy va arriver?
Merci d'avance.

Hi all,
My question has nothing to do with GoP3, but I wanted to know if anyone knows when the next Goblinboy's game will happen?
Thank you in advance.
Juju
Pilot fish

Postby Greebo » Sun, 12Dec09 15:01

Try reading the rest of this page if you really want to know when GoblinBoy is likely to publish another game! If you can't be bothered, I would suggest that your guess is as good as any -- my guess is some time between now and never!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby caravaggio » Sun, 12Dec09 16:36

Actually his "next game" is in beta testing,so the guess could be some time between a couple of weeks and a month.. ;)
caravaggio
lagoon predator

Postby fensome7 » Sun, 12Dec09 18:40

caravaggio wrote:Actually his "next game" is in beta testing,so the guess could be some time between a couple of weeks and a month.. ;)

Yes his newest game is currently in beta testing. There have been 5 versions released so far for beta testing, but the recent V0.5 still has quite a few bugs and spelling mistakes etc. There is quite a bit of promise about this game although it does get a bit confusing at times but the game itself is fairly simple once you gone through it a couple of times. It certainly isn't as big a project as GoP3 was but there is still a good amount of quality images as you would expect from Goblinboy and the text is well written (minus the spelling errors). not quite sure as to when the release date will be as i don't know how many beta versions are being updated before he is satisfied with it, but if i here anything from the group then ill keep people informed if they wish and of course if goblinboy doesn't mind.
fensome7
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games