Life With Keeley

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Life With Keeley

Postby blaman » Tue, 11Dec06 19:26

I beta-tested on Opera - worked flawlessly
blaman
lagoon predator

Postby ExLibris » Tue, 11Dec06 20:07

tlaero wrote:I hope you enjoy it, Shark!

Rainman, I use IE9 and I've tested it in Firefox. I'm pretty sure that Chrome doesn't work because it doesn't allow local cookies.

Tlaero

Chrome definitely doesn't work. Safari is the other one I tested, and it does work.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Nalogan » Tue, 11Dec06 20:43

[img]smile/hearton.gif[/img] Thanks a lot for 'Life with Keeley' tlaero [img]smile/hearton.gif[/img]

As usual is the Gameplay, the Story and the Graphics awesome [img]kator/smiley229.gif[/img]
I like to play with Keeley, she is sooo :amoureux (87):
and the save button is great
[img]kator/smiley222.gif[/img] [img]kator/smiley222.gif[/img] [img]kator/smiley222.gif[/img] [img]kator/smiley222.gif[/img]
Sorry for my English [img]kator/smiley89.gif[/img] i know it's bad
Nalogan
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Greebo » Tue, 11Dec06 21:17

ExLibris wrote:
tlaero wrote:I hope you enjoy it, Shark!

Rainman, I use IE9 and I've tested it in Firefox. I'm pretty sure that Chrome doesn't work because it doesn't allow local cookies.

Tlaero

Chrome definitely doesn't work. Safari is the other one I tested, and it does work.

Are you sure? I use Chrome and the little bit of playing around I've done so far seems to work. At what point would it be likely to fail?

In Chrome preferences the default is to allow local data to be set -- is this different to what you believe to be the case?
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby tlaero » Tue, 11Dec06 21:59

I don't know much about Chrome. I just remember a discussion around it not working with a chaotic game due to it not allowing local cookies. Maybe there's a newer version that does.

If it's not working, you'd know. The score is stored in a variable, so if you have a non-zero score, it's working. Also, if you talk to Adrian and leave, he shouldn't be there when you come back. If he's not, it's working.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby thundergod » Tue, 11Dec06 23:29

Regarding Chrome, it's unlikely that I haven't done a single thing that would garner a point by this stage, so I think I can verify that -- at least with my settings -- it doesn't necessarily work in Chrome. (Testing in Firefox...yes, that's correct, the points should be accumulating by this stage of the game.) I didn't poke around Chrome's settings to figure out if this could be fixed or not.

So far, I'm enjoying the game a great deal. Thanks to both of you.

A minor comment, which I'm not going to spoiler-protect because it's really not spoiling anything useful: when returning to the garage after having been somewhere, Keeley repeats her "I wonder where I parked?" question, which is one thing the first time but isn't really sensible if she's just gotten out of the car. I don't know if this is an easy fix, though.
thundergod
great white shark

Postby Cochise » Tue, 11Dec06 23:32

Technically it's very good, but these games where you play as a woman are just not my bag. Hopefully the next one won't take too long to come out.

Good work.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby thundergod » Wed, 11Dec07 00:18

dojo6aa.html

"Ut oh..." should probably be "Uh oh..."

Same with locker2a.html
thundergod
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Wed, 11Dec07 00:34

I personally say "Ut oh" not "Uh oh."

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby Trucla » Wed, 11Dec07 00:45

Greebo wrote:Are you sure? I use Chrome and the little bit of playing around I've done so far seems to work. At what point would it be likely to fail?

In Chrome preferences the default is to allow local data to be set -- is this different to what you believe to be the case?
No wonder! Chrome modified for Ubuntu is not the same as for that M$oft stuff... :lol:
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Wed, 11Dec07 00:52

tlaero wrote:I personally say "Ut oh" not "Uh oh."

Tlaero

I suggest you don't look up "Ut oh" in the Urban Dictionary then -- that illustrious reference source is pretty rude about it! ;)
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby thundergod » Wed, 11Dec07 01:02

tlaero wrote:I personally say "Ut oh" not "Uh oh."

Fair enough. Just pointing it out because it "takes me out" of the narrative in that it reads as an error (to me). But there's certainly no reason to change it if that's what you prefer.
thundergod
great white shark

Postby Greebo » Wed, 11Dec07 01:53

Trucla wrote:
Greebo wrote:Are you sure? I use Chrome and the little bit of playing around I've done so far seems to work. At what point would it be likely to fail?

No wonder! Chrome modified for Ubuntu is not the same as for that M$oft stuff... :lol:

I believe there is still a problem with the Chrome that Ubuntu supports actually, having done a little checking myself. The Chrome developers seem to have decided that the inability to easily enable local cookies isn't a bug, despite the fact that large numbers of web developers have been complaining since about 2008 that Chrome is about the only browser that doesn't as standard.

My son tells me the preferences setting of local data is really to do with HTML5, although apparently there is a fix for local cookies. I understand that to enable them you have to do a CLI start of Chrome using the switch command --enable-file-cookies after the relevant Chrome or Chromium start command. In my situation I believe that would be:
Code: Select all
google-chrome --enable-file-cookies

A Windows user would presumably use the command
Code: Select all
chrome.exe --enable-file-cookies

Life would be so much simpler if file cookies were enabled by default and a toggle was available in the Preferences like many people have apparently been calling for.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby FedoraMan » Wed, 11Dec07 02:05

Well done, gents! I enjoyed the game greatly.

(I had the Chrome issue at first, too. I'm not smart with the technolomagy, so I just switched to Firefox and it worked fine. :lol: )
FedoraMan
great white shark

Postby Trucla » Wed, 11Dec07 02:07

Thanks Greebo! [img]kator/smiley57.gif[/img]
It's good to know, in case I decide using Chrome. Currently I'm using Firefox, and thought that Ubuntu had changed some stuff in Chrome as they did in Firefox.

Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games