The Gym by sportd ***Final*** (HTML)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: The Gym by sportd ***Final*** (HTML)

Postby sportd » Wed, 13Mar20 02:25

I think the point was, "*squeek, thonk*, I think I hear the bathroom door opening behind me." Bet if I keep looking at her phone she's going to catch me. You choose to keep looking and see how she responds to you looking at her phone, or you quickly put phone back to not get caught. A good game gives the player enough information to make the 'correct' choice the first time around. Maybe it's obscure and they'll completely miss it. (as you update the phone imagine, maybe the tiny top right of the screen in the background also shows the bathroom door. You see it open on the first picture as she goes in. It is closed on the middle pictures as she stays in. It opens back up on the last pic before you get caught.) But it should be knowable.

Very good point. Thanks redle (and kessie8yl, this is probably what you were alluding to.) There are two points so far in the next game that I will change to incorporate this. You have got me thinking.

I've noticed this loop type both with coffee shop and the exercise girl. Both seem to have nothing to do with caching. My take is that there are trigger points. Skipping a trigger means previous trigger remains unlocked. With the coffee it seemed to be first trigger equals fail or ask for coffee. Second trigger is fail or success at coffee. If you ask for coffee and then go to coffee, but neither fail nor succeed... ie you just walk out, she is back in the gym (rinse, repeat). Same with gym girl. Worked out, but didn't yet move on to next trigger point and I can redo that work out over and over.

The reason I say to empty cache is as I was writing the game, I had loops so that I could quickly test each section through all the variations. I was confident (less so now) that all the loops had been removed and if you started a storyline, success or fail, the storyline couldn't be restarted. A lot of the later problems I was finding was that the game was reloading earlier cached js files rather than downloading the updated files.
sportd
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13Mar22 00:12

1. I shouldn't have to empty any cache - a well-written game should be taking care of its' environment without the user having to know about caching.

2. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the game - I just feel it could be improved.

3. So the receptionist doesn't flirt on Day 1 although on Day 2 we are told that she did flirt but only to get people to sign up - but eventually she goes to bed with them anyway... And you're putting that forward as a way of saying it makes sense? She must be into bondage - she's tied herself in knots!

4. Asking players to rely on walkthroughs is an absolute no-no. I'm not interested in looking at walkthroughs - but I gave up on the dead-ends long before I met the receptionist again.

5. One I forgot to mention - The girl's locker-room seems to be a missed opportunity. Talk about disappointed lol

6. No idea what you're talking about re the pics on the phone... I've just played through that scene again and the only thing that changes is the "photo"...

7. Second time I've got as far as Cassie coming back for a shower and both times the game locked up. Great - an unintended "drop dead" ending from having no way to backtrack...
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby LucaNatoli » Wed, 13Apr17 17:38

Does any one have the Link to download this game, could not find it in this thread.
I ask because the Download link on the the-vdates.com website does not work.

Cheers
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 13Apr18 00:07

For a moment I wondered what you meant as the game loaded to my screen, but then I did find the link to the download page.
This is an issue that only sportd can rectify, certainly the file won't be on any other server.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby LucaNatoli » Thu, 13Apr18 11:52

Squeeky wrote:For a moment I wondered what you meant as the game loaded to my screen, but then I did find the link to the download page.
This is an issue that only sportd can rectify, certainly the file won't be on any other server.

Ah, that is okay. I played it on the website, took me a few tries but got it completed with all endings. Yes, the download link is not functional. Does not matter though, i thought i would download it instead of playing online, or if any one else wanted to download it. Hopefully he fixes it, if not, no biggie. Thought i would bring it to attention though. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 13Apr18 12:07

Neat!

sportd does attend regularly so I'm sure that he will see our few comments above.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby LRM » Thu, 13Apr18 18:54

If I'm not mistaken, sportd said the download was only for testing purposes. Once it became a final version he removed the on-line link.
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 13Apr18 23:36

LRM wrote:If I'm not mistaken, sportd said the download was only for testing purposes. Once it became a final version he removed the on-line link.
Lou

You may be right, I haven't really been tracking this thread; the fact however is that a link exists pointing to a download which is unobtainable.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby LRM » Thu, 13Apr18 23:57

Not by accident the link no longer works,
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2379&start=195#p61403
Also miztik, this game was being developed in the projects forum and the members there were kind enough to help test / play an incomplete version. To make up for the shoddy state, I made the game downloadable too so loading times on the development server wouldn't become too frustrating. Now that it is on a paid server, the downloadable version has been removed.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby iamystic » Fri, 13Apr19 06:05

You can use Play Force One and download the game there.
iamystic
lagoon predator

Postby jfrancois323 » Fri, 13Apr19 07:40

iamystic wrote:You can use Play Force One and download the game there.

No, you can't, Play Force One send you back to The VDate site. Play Force One doesn't host the game, just a link for it !! I just test it !!
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby sportd » Thu, 13May02 23:08

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't had a look here for a while.

The download was originally used for those helping to test the Gym as the free host didn't allow much traffic.
The download was reinstated when the paid host couldn't cope with the traffic from PlayForceOne.

The 404 response has been rectified and the download is again available although the website will be upgraded in the next couple of months and the download option will once again disappear.
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby jfrancois323 » Fri, 13May03 03:21

sportd wrote:Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't had a look here for a while.

The download was originally used for those helping to test the Gym as the free host didn't allow much traffic.
The download was reinstated when the paid host couldn't cope with the traffic from PlayForceOne.

The 404 response has been rectified and the download is again available although the website will be upgraded in the next couple of months and the download option will once again disappear.

Why make it disappear, if it help the server you use ! For me, it's like removing the nicotine patch from a smoker who try to quit ! It will fail again !!

If it make no difference in your hosting service, you could keep it, anyway the game is finish, there will be no more major change in it !!
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby sportd » Sat, 13May11 19:07

You are right. I can't think of a good reason not to leave a downloadable copy there (I'm not using any magical algorithms, the game system itself is shacky at best) . I can think of a couple of lame ones to justify not allowing downloads but they really are just excuses. I'll make room for download options in the new website.

The upside is that the download can use the high quality images rather than the reduced quality images that the current site has. (There will be an option to play high qual in the next website too for all of you with faster transfer rates).
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby l0st_s0ul » Fri, 13May17 00:05

It is a nice game, however when it comes to going back to Nic and Misty to get the dildo. you can't get down the alley way to do what you need to do
l0st_s0ul
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games