Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Postby athossico » Thu, 14Oct02 18:38

Thanks!!
athossico
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Cochise » Thu, 14Oct02 20:10

Site's down, traffic must be off the hook.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby Hoboy » Fri, 14Oct03 04:00

Not sure if this is Safari related (I'm on 7.0.6) but I successfully downloaded the game and launch but it won;t progress past the opening screen. The "Introduce yourself) highlights but doesn't open anything. Looking at the code, it seems it points to default.htm, but there is nothing on that page to indicate where it goes from there (that I - with my meager understanding of code) can see...haven't tried another browser yet...should probably post this directly to the creator...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 14Oct03 04:55

As seen in FireFox:
The page source shows a set of iframe tags. The first contains src="pic1.htm". On the page is "Introduce yourself". Mouseover on that shows me "You: I will be your date for this evening."

Selecting the link allows me to move on and be presented with 4 visible links.

....... For me I don't see anything wrong.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Dlak » Fri, 14Oct03 09:38

Work in IE, don't work in Chrome.
Dlak
Pilot fish

Postby nacho666 » Fri, 14Oct03 10:02

I need help. How can we take Ariane on the couch?
Oigo voces y no les gustas...

Sorry for my bad English, my level is basic.
nacho666
great white shark

Postby PinkVendetta » Fri, 14Oct03 10:12

Last edited by PinkVendetta on Wed, 14Nov26 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
PinkVendetta
star of the reef

sex: Female

Postby Hoboy » Fri, 14Oct03 20:36

Confirmed - it works fine in Chrome, but I couldn't get it to work in Firefox or Safari. Well - it IS listed as a beta download...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Fri, 14Oct03 21:08

It is a script-heavy design, rather than a lot of games that are just a series of html pages. This game isn't just a series of basic page links. That means it will be rather dependent on your security settings. I'm sure any of the browsers could be set with enough restrictions that the game wouldn't be able to run.

Whether you want to loosen those restrictions enough to let the game run is, of course, the player's call. Just letting you know that's a likely cause of why it isn't at all working for some. Also, from my experience, Safari does tend to have the strictest default settings of the bunch (of the ones likely to affect this game... although haven't compared these settings recently).

@Ariane
Seems to be a bug in the game somewhere (didn't dig in to find the source). She's in her bikini in the backyard, but in jeans and shirt inside the house.

It's pre-dinner. Not sure how many paths lead to the situation, but I know I reached it without doing the exact same steps each time. Chat on couch, dance, backyard swim (race), then enter the house and she is in jeans. Step back outside and in bikini still. (downloaded version grabbed at some point on 10/2)
redle
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Fri, 14Oct03 23:44

A suggestion to anyone reporting a possible bug in a HTML (java-script) based game (and also to people testing to see if the same problem exist for them)

You need to state which Operating System (brand and version) as well as which web-browser (brand and version) you were using when you either found the problem or didn't find it. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] This is because the same browser (brand and version) can behave differently depending on the OS its being run on.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Hoboy » Sat, 14Oct04 00:34

I was on Firefox 31 but updating to the latest 32.0.6 the game runs fine. Still doesn't with the latest Safari 7.0.6...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby ArianeB » Sat, 14Oct04 07:52

Google Chrome, and apparently Safari for Mac (the last Safari for windows was Safari 5 which works fine), will not run offline javascript by default.

Apparently you need to add a command line " --allow-file-access-from-files" to the Google Chrome shortcut, then launch Chrome, then launch "Click Here To Start.htm"
Since Safari and Chrome use the same code base, I assume this is the correct command line addition to Safari 7 as well.

In Windows, right click on the Google Chrome shortcut and go to properties. Find the space called "Target:"
leave what is there, but after the last quotation add a space, then type --allow-file-access-from-files
then click Apply.

Not sure how to use command lines in OSX, but I'm sure there is a way.
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby ArianeB » Sat, 14Oct04 08:17

redle wrote:@Ariane
Seems to be a bug in the game somewhere (didn't dig in to find the source). She's in her bikini in the backyard, but in jeans and shirt inside the house.

It's pre-dinner. Not sure how many paths lead to the situation, but I know I reached it without doing the exact same steps each time. Chat on couch, dance, backyard swim (race), then enter the house and she is in jeans. Step back outside and in bikini still. (downloaded version grabbed at some point on 10/2)

Thanks for the heads up. Found the bug. If you swim pre-dinner and then go back inside, Ariane will immediately take a shower and then get dressed to go out to dinner. That wasn't happening.
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sun, 14Oct05 05:54

I just tried out the 10 year anniversary edition. I like the improved graphics and how Ariane matches her SITA model. I confess that I wasn't crazy about the change when you first made it, but the new model has really grown on me. Having continuity between the games is good.

The game is still as complex and interesting as it was before, however, I miss the hidden hit targets. Clicking text that says "hold her hand" isn't as immersive as clicking on her hand. Still, this is the game that, IMO, created the genre. It's great even without the hit targets.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby Niauropsaka » Sun, 14Oct05 07:27

I may feel even more strongly about the lack of hidden links than Tlaero. It wildy changes the "feel" of the game. I am reminded of at least one particular scene, where (in the old version) words pointed one way, while opportunities for other scenes lay another, unlabeled way.

I think you lose some subtlety changing the game to clear tags on all the links.
Niauropsaka
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games