Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Postby lucky loser » Tue, 13Apr02 12:28

Awesome!
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby Hoboy » Tue, 13Apr02 15:47

I didn't realize it was being ported to Renpy...interesting...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby Guntag » Tue, 13Apr02 17:27

Hoboy wrote:I didn't realize it was being ported to Renpy...interesting...

Renpy looks like a very powerful tool. I wonder why there aren't more authors using it. Maybe it's difficult to use or they have to pay for it ?
Guntag
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby cheese101 » Tue, 13Apr02 17:35

i've been keeping an eye on it for ages, and it looks like it is going to be amazing. The work that seems to have been put in is huge, and i think it's being beta'd atm. I hope it comes out working fully (original Ariane was fantastic but very buggy). I really have missed his work, ArianeB was fantastic
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby fleet » Tue, 13Apr02 18:50

Guntag wrote:

Renpy looks like a very powerful tool. I wonder why there aren't more authors using it. Maybe it's difficult to use or they have to pay for it ?

Ren'py is a free program. It requires coding, that might be why more authors of 3D adult games/stories don't use it. It has a fairly large non-adult following.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Greebo » Tue, 13Apr02 20:24

Mind you, Python is one of the more useful programming languages to get to know -- not exactly a dead end.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby FedoraMan » Tue, 13Apr02 23:49

Greebo wrote:Mind you, Python is one of the more useful programming languages to get to know -- not exactly a dead end.

I wonder if I could convince my boss that writing a game counts as "professional skills advancement". We DO use Python fairly extensively at work ...
FedoraMan
great white shark

Postby Hoboy » Wed, 13Apr03 08:07

Go for it, Fedora! And get reimbursed! Lord knows it pays better than HTML and CSS!
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby sylakone2 » Thu, 13Apr04 12:25

Guntag wrote:

I used it for my first game but I prefer html as it is more cross platform supported. I also prefer the clean picture with hot spots that have the tool tips for your choices.

Renpy is more designed for writing Interactive Novels rather than for a point and click adventure game which most of the other games here are like.

There's also a lot more coding to do.

Don't get me wrong it is a very good game engine if you want the interactive novel feel.

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8yl » Sat, 13Apr13 00:38

sylakone2 wrote:
Guntag wrote:

I used it for my first game but I prefer html as it is more cross platform supported. I also prefer the clean picture with hot spots that have the tool tips for your choices.

Renpy is more designed for writing Interactive Novels rather than for a point and click adventure game which most of the other games here are like.

There's also a lot more coding to do.

Don't get me wrong it is a very good game engine if you want the interactive novel feel.

Sy

I do wish people would stop updating this thread with off-topic messages - I keep thinking the new game has been released and am really disappointed when I find it's just some person muttering about something else...

Oh bum!! I've done it as well now, haven't I? [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Sat, 13Apr13 19:51

They're discussing the language the game is written in. Doesn't seem that off topic to me.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby kessie8yl » Sat, 13Apr13 20:10

tlaero wrote:They're discussing the language the game is written in. Doesn't seem that off topic to me.

Tlaero

Well I'd suggest the dev's section would be a more appropriate place to discuss programming languages... I mean you've got an entire board where you guys can party without the rest of us having to put up with the noise... but I thought my last sentence would have made it clear that I was only half-serious in any case...
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rikwar » Sat, 13Apr13 22:01

kessie8yl wrote:
tlaero wrote:They're discussing the language the game is written in. Doesn't seem that off topic to me.

Tlaero

Well I'd suggest the dev's section would be a more appropriate place to discuss programming languages... I mean you've got an entire board where you guys can party without the rest of us having to put up with the noise... but I thought my last sentence would have made it clear that I was only half-serious in any case...

Half-serious...really
or joking
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2919&start=15 [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby kessie8yl » Sun, 13Apr14 12:43

Rikwar wrote:
kessie8yl wrote:

Tlaero

Half-serious...really
or joking
http://www.the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic ... 9&start=15 [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]

It's called irony - You should look it up :)
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rikwar » Sun, 13Apr14 18:44

kessie8yl wrote:
Rikwar wrote:
kessie8yl wrote:

Tlaero

Half-serious...really
or joking
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2919&start=15 [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]

It's called irony - You should look it up :)

Surely you jest! ;)
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games