Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Postby Ripe » Wed, 15Jul29 00:16

Rediscovering this game [due to some changes in Renpy version] is great.

I have a lot of fun finding out various achievements [got to 62 out of 78 so far]. Finding out some of them is somewhat hard [especially in Special date section... only got 4 out of 10 so far] since some are "luck based" [Rochambeau and Lucky Spin] but that's OK. I just hope that there is no achievement for new "dance puzzle" since I'll never be able to get that... or at least not without cheating which I doubt give achievement.
Ripe
lagoon predator

Postby ArianeB » Wed, 15Jul29 05:12

redle wrote:Just downloaded and started giving this version a try. Didn't dive into any code yet, so you'll just get the traceback.
After dinner and downtown trip, Ariane in jeans and shirt, she suggested a swim race rematch in the kitchen...

(Absolute path deleted)
Full traceback:
File "game/house.rpy", line 626, in script call
call SwimRace from _call_SwimRace_2
File "game/calledevents.rpy", line 345, in script
show expression SwimRaceStart[dress] at top
File "\DateAriane-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1040, in execute
show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
File "\DateAriane-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1001, in show_imspec
expression = renpy.easy.displayable(expression)
File "\DateAriane-win\renpy\easy.py", line 129, in displayable
raise Exception("Not a displayable: %r" % (d,))
Exception: Not a displayable: 0

Well I know the reason the error happened, you can't swim race in jeans and a shirt. The question is, why did she make that suggestion?

Thanks for the bug report, I just created a fix.
In the next build, if she challenges you to a rematch and you are not swim appropriately dressed, she will just race naked.
I am taking all the little bugs I and others are finding and planning a new build for 8/1. I should have this one fixed too.

DroopyLoving wrote:Hey Ariane,

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet; but does this version of the game generate the code to take into SITA? I haven't come across that yet, but i thought that there may be additional content coming to SITA too

I do need to update SITA, Renpy version 6.99 can easily create builds for Android, but I found the last update I did for SITA that upgrading the Renpy Version resulted in a lot of the game puzzles suddenly not working correctly.

I probably will remove the custom "code" feature, but SITA already has a large selection of last dates to choose from in Options. That part won't disappear as two of the SITA endings require a first date where you slept together. I'll have to decide what to do later.

Ripe wrote:Rediscovering this game [due to some changes in Renpy version] is great.

I have a lot of fun finding out various achievements [got to 62 out of 78 so far]. Finding out some of them is somewhat hard [especially in Special date section... only got 4 out of 10 so far] since some are "luck based" [Rochambeau and Lucky Spin] but that's OK. I just hope that there is no achievement for new "dance puzzle" since I'll never be able to get that... or at least not without cheating which I doubt give achievement.

I published a full list at http://wp.me/pHngs-UD but I only said what some of them are for.

Rochambeau, Lucky Spin, 3 for 3, Yahtzee, Topless Model, Bottomless Model, and Devil In A Blue Dress all may need a bit of luck to complete. Enough tries and you will get it. Lucky spin is also a requirement for Shutterbug as it is the only way to get the bikini photoshoot. Save the game so you can do both versions of the bikini photoshoot easily.

"Twinkle Toes" is an achievement for the dance puzzle without cheating. Cheating involves hitting the "auto" button and letting the computer do the hard work, "perfect" score guaranteed, but the achievement is for a "decent" score rather than a perfect score.

The way it works, it is very forgiving, clicking on a mouse is probably the worst way to do it. Tap the space, enter key, or your touch screen for better results (I tested it on a Windows tablet, it works great.) The way it works is that it tracks the interval between taps which should be pretty close if you are keeping a steady beat. After 16 taps there are 15 time intervals and the list is sorted shortest to longest. It then samples the 4th longest and the 12th longest and figures out how close they are. As a former drummer I know how to keep a steady beat, but the computer was showing 6 to 7% variance on my beats on most of my attempts. So I set that as the high standard, 6% to 11% variation is called "decent" and gets you the achievement.

5 of the 10 "special" dates require you to be short a demonstrated trait or two, which will limit what Ariane is willing to do. Turn on hints so you can monitor what traits you have demonstrated. If you are trying for "Exceeds Expectations", which means you can only have two traits, demonstrate those two traits at least 5 times total. Also the steak dinner is the best for these deliberately hard dates as the other dinners will toss on bonus traits at the end for paying the bill/cleaning the mess.

It is possible (because I have done it) to get all 5 of these "special" dates in only two dates. Do one date with only "smart" and "funny" and get her to bed (for the perfect 10 score), then a second with only "sexy" and "nice" (for example).
ArianeB
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby Ripe » Wed, 15Jul29 18:00

ArianeB wrote:I published a full list at http://wp.me/pHngs-UD but I only said what some of them are for.

Thanks, that will came useful later on but for now I enjoy trying to figure out what I'm missing.

Rochambeau, Lucky Spin, 3 for 3, Yahtzee, Topless Model, Bottomless Model, and Devil In A Blue Dress all may need a bit of luck to complete. Enough tries and you will get it. Lucky spin is also a requirement for Shutterbug as it is the only way to get the bikini photoshoot. Save the game so you can do both versions of the bikini photoshoot easily.

Speaking of Devil In A Blue Dress and dress shopping, nice hint for Something In The Air when you choose a purple combo.

"Twinkle Toes" is an achievement for the dance puzzle without cheating. Cheating involves hitting the "auto" button and letting the computer do the hard work, "perfect" score guaranteed, but the achievement is for a "decent" score rather than a perfect score.

The way it works, it is very forgiving, clicking on a mouse is probably the worst way to do it. Tap the space, enter key, or your touch screen for better results (I tested it on a Windows tablet, it works great.) The way it works is that it tracks the interval between taps which should be pretty close if you are keeping a steady beat. After 16 taps there are 15 time intervals and the list is sorted shortest to longest. It then samples the 4th longest and the 12th longest and figures out how close they are. As a former drummer I know how to keep a steady beat, but the computer was showing 6 to 7% variance on my beats on most of my attempts. So I set that as the high standard, 6% to 11% variation is called "decent" and gets you the achievement.

Thanks, that explanation really helped a lot in getting a "decent" score and achievement.

5 of the 10 "special" dates require you to be short a demonstrated trait or two, which will limit what Ariane is willing to do. Turn on hints so you can monitor what traits you have demonstrated. If you are trying for "Exceeds Expectations", which means you can only have two traits, demonstrate those two traits at least 5 times total. Also the steak dinner is the best for these deliberately hard dates as the other dinners will toss on bonus traits at the end for paying the bill/cleaning the mess.

It is possible (because I have done it) to get all 5 of these "special" dates in only two dates. Do one date with only "smart" and "funny" and get her to bed (for the perfect 10 score), then a second with only "sexy" and "nice" (for example).

Figuring out those two paths will be a lot of fun.

Now for a bug I encountered [I think I have most recent version of game downloaded]:
While doing dares and selecting "Go to the Store wearing a Towel" I encountered a game ending bug. The bug happen only if I choose to enter wearing the towel, if I offer her 20$ to do it naked there is no bug. Here is the write up:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/frontyard.rpy", line 305, in script
show expression StoreInside[dress] at top
File "game/frontyard.rpy", line 305, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/frontyard.rpy", line 305, in script
File "D:\Games\DateAriane-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1040, in execute
show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
File "D:\Games\DateAriane-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1000, in show_imspec
expression = renpy.python.py_eval(expression)
File "D:\Games\DateAriane-win\renpy\python.py", line 1482, in py_eval
return eval(py_compile(source, 'eval'), globals, locals)
File "game/frontyard.rpy", line 305, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.4.467
Date Ariane 0.0
Ripe
lagoon predator

Postby ArianeB » Thu, 15Jul30 01:19

Thanks Ripe, that error dump was really helpful, simple syntax bug, will be fixed in the next release (still aiming for saturday).
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby Ripe » Thu, 15Jul30 15:50

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it seem that the only way to get "Win without Nudity" achievement is to go to Strip Club without Rebecca. You do get "Amateur Night Victory" achievement in both cases.

77/78 Achievements found... the only one missing is Underwater Explorer.
Ripe
lagoon predator

Postby ArianeB » Thu, 15Jul30 18:41

Ripe wrote:I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it seem that the only way to get "Win without Nudity" achievement is to go to Strip Club without Rebecca. You do get "Amateur Night Victory" achievement in both cases.

77/78 Achievements found... the only one missing is Underwater Explorer.

Skinny dip, challenge her to a race, intentionally take a very deep breath and lose the race.
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby Brigma » Fri, 15Jul31 14:07

Is that Paula in the lingerie shop?
Brigma
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby ArianeB » Sun, 15Aug02 17:20

Yes, Paula appears a couple of places, so does Rachel. Rachel's appearances are a little contradictory as she is dressed differently. Dave, Veronica, Bonnie, Heidi and Wendy (calling herself Bonnie) also appear in the game for a frame or two.

Thanks to all the bug reports I released a new new version, so if you want to play with fewer bugs download again at http://arianeb.com/dateariane/download.htm

The game did not change enough to affect achievements or saved games so you wont lose anything by upgrading.

Notes on the update can be found at http://t.co/UcXvtQoQvI
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby t1nm@n » Mon, 15Aug03 08:34

Hi. Can I get any clues for the following Achievements;

* Rochambeau
* The Quickie
* Perverted
* Rebecca Shirtless

Thanks.
t1nm@n
great white shark

Postby Ripe » Mon, 15Aug03 14:32

t1nm@n wrote:Hi. Can I get any clues for the following Achievements;

* Rochambeau
* The Quickie
* Perverted
* Rebecca Shirtless

Thanks.

Rochambeau:
Win Rock-Paper-Scissor game on first try [no ties]

The Quickie
As the name say... have dinner [at the house] followed by couch sex and then go home.

Rebecca Shirtless
Go to nightclub with Rebecca while Ariane is dressed in regular clothes and dance.
Ripe
lagoon predator

Postby t1nm@n » Mon, 15Aug03 16:31

Ripe wrote:Rochambeau:

Do you need to do something special for that? I've been trying for 10 minutes and nothing.
t1nm@n
great white shark

Postby lagoonfish » Mon, 15Aug03 20:12

Some bugs:

1) the walktrough #6 isn't working, starting with walk #1 or #2 she always refuses to take off the shirt after kissing and grabbing breasts
2) renpy exceptions when starting with walk #1 or #2 then follow #6 but instead of asking her to take off shirt run fingers through her hair, then suck tits and then select any massage option...
lagoonfish
great white shark

Postby Ripe » Mon, 15Aug03 20:16

t1nm@n wrote:
Ripe wrote:Rochambeau:

Do you need to do something special for that? I've been trying for 10 minutes and nothing.

Just luck... and quite a lot of it.
Ripe
lagoon predator

Postby djefox » Fri, 15Aug07 11:53

It's a very nice game thank you a lot.
djefox
Pilot fish

Postby bing6541 » Fri, 15Aug07 21:17

I don't know how to provide the traceback data, but here is a bug I found.

After jumping in the hot tub with clothes on, Ariane gets mad and the text indicates the game ends. With the next click, however, she is entering the bedroom to change into a swimsuit.
bing6541
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games