Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Oct06 20:18

peter1212 wrote:That's true but the idea of point and click is not good when you have to find the options by clicking pictures instead they should be written below the picture or somewhere so as to choose the option wisely like in the Coffee for Keishe VDate game

In Coffee for Keisha, there's text at the bottom for things you say, but there are still hit targets on the picture for things you do. You generally need to use both.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby ArianeB » Mon, 13Dec23 02:47

Hey everybody. Even though I promised myself I wouldn't, I decided to just go ahead and update the HTML version of Date Ariane.

Three big changes:
1. All pictures are 1000x600 instead of 800x500. Makes for nicer pictures and most displays are bigger these days.
Currently over 90% of the pictures are the old pictures, but over the next year I am going to create new pictures using the SITA Ariane. This is going to make playing the game a little awkward as the character flips back and forth between old and new.

2. All links are now visible, and off to the side or down at the bottom, with a couple of notable exceptions (like shooting baskets). This is to accommodate the increased number of players who use touch screens to play, which is only going to get bigger. This also means I do not have to create new hover link maps when I update the pictures, saving a ton of time.

3. I am dropping the 3 drink requirement to enable sex and nudity. It is a bad trope I started, and decided to drop it. Alcohol will still be needed to get to "drunk" scenes, and after two glasses of wine Ariane will decline to drive, but that's it.
I am implementing a very simplified RP "trait" system to replace it. There are four personality traits you can demonstrate: nice, smart, funny, and sexy. I'm changing the game's introduction and the various dinner conversations, to give you opportunity to unlock these traits. Various activities will require different combinations of these traits. It will be possible to unlock all four on a single date.
For example, it used to require at least one glass of wine to unlock dinner at the restaurant or picnic in swimwear. Dinner at the restaurant now requires the "nice" trait, and picnic now requires the "funny" trait.
The thinking is that Ariane has all four traits, and she feels more comfortable with date partners that do too.

I have yet to do a thorough test of all the new code, or make sure the traits work the way they should. There are almost certainly new bugs. Expect changes!
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby Kalzero » Mon, 13Dec23 10:17

ArianeB wrote:Hey everybody. Even though I promised myself I wouldn't, I decided to just go ahead and update the HTML version of Date Ariane.

Three big changes:
1. All pictures are 1000x600 instead of 800x500. Makes for nicer pictures and most displays are bigger these days.
Currently over 90% of the pictures are the old pictures, but over the next year I am going to create new pictures using the SITA Ariane. This is going to make playing the game a little awkward as the character flips back and forth between old and new.

2. All links are now visible, and off to the side or down at the bottom, with a couple of notable exceptions (like shooting baskets). This is to accommodate the increased number of players who use touch screens to play, which is only going to get bigger. This also means I do not have to create new hover link maps when I update the pictures, saving a ton of time.

3. I am dropping the 3 drink requirement to enable sex and nudity. It is a bad trope I started, and decided to drop it. Alcohol will still be needed to get to "drunk" scenes, and after two glasses of wine Ariane will decline to drive, but that's it.
I am implementing a very simplified RP "trait" system to replace it. There are four personality traits you can demonstrate: nice, smart, funny, and sexy. I'm changing the game's introduction and the various dinner conversations, to give you opportunity to unlock these traits. Various activities will require different combinations of these traits. It will be possible to unlock all four on a single date.
For example, it used to require at least one glass of wine to unlock dinner at the restaurant or picnic in swimwear. Dinner at the restaurant now requires the "nice" trait, and picnic now requires the "funny" trait.
The thinking is that Ariane has all four traits, and she feels more comfortable with date partners that do too.

I have yet to do a thorough test of all the new code, or make sure the traits work the way they should. There are almost certainly new bugs. Expect changes!

Any chance you will add some of the other characters from SITA to Date Ariane?
Kalzero
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Felix » Mon, 13Dec23 10:49

ArianeB wrote:There are almost certainly new bugs. Expect changes!

Will the nightmare never stop? [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Good news! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Felix Atagong
The ArianeB 7.x Walkthroughs at
http://arianeb.atagong.com
Felix
lagoon predator

Postby wagner » Mon, 13Dec23 16:41

ArianeB wrote:I am dropping the 3 drink requirement to enable sex and nudity.

Well you could get by with only one drink, if you were romantic.
wagner
great white shark

Postby Super » Mon, 13Dec23 19:35

Well, good on no more needing to get her drunk :p

Kinda disappointed you aren't making an actual new game, but fine tuning this is still good. And hey, making anything would be tough, especially if it were to be as open or even more than this game is.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby lucky loser » Tue, 13Dec24 09:40

Superawesomemans wrote:Kinda disappointed you aren't making an actual new game, but fine tuning this is still good. And hey, making anything would be tough, especially if it were to be as open or even more than this game is.

Uh, her new game "Something's In The Air" is out and available here:
http://arianeb.com/sita/index.htm

Ariane, thank you for going back into your original game. I'm looking forward to revisiting it! (I replay it as is, usually the UP17 version) It's truly a classic! All respect!
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Wed, 13Dec25 01:57

ArianeB wrote:3. I am dropping the 3 drink requirement to enable sex and nudity.

I definitely support the removal of the requirement to get her drunk to have sex with you. However realistic it may have been, I wasn't much of a fan of the mechanic.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Bonhomie » Tue, 14Jan14 11:40

Nice mention of the Lagoon on the latest blog

http://arianeb.wordpress.com/

Interesting stuff.
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby Rikwar » Tue, 14Jan14 20:32

Bonhomie wrote:Nice mention of the Lagoon on the latest blog

http://arianeb.wordpress.com/

Interesting stuff.

I found it to be a very interesting read and her point of view about Sex Games vs. Violent Games [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby peter1212 » Mon, 14Feb17 17:26

Thanks Ariane, that's so nice of you make a game compatible for a touch enabled device. I hope that the changes are quick and we get to play the finished game within less time.
Also
tlaero wrote:
peter1212 wrote:
That's true but the idea of point and click is not good when you have to find the options by clicking pictures instead they should be written below the picture or somewhere so as to choose the option wisely like in the Coffee for Keishe VDate game.

In Coffee for Keisha, there's text at the bottom for things you say, but there are still hit targets on the picture for things you do. You generally need to use both.
Tlaero

I know that there are both things in CWK but you can play it by opening multiple tabs for that link so whenever a choice comes, I open multiple tabs and play the game so it's not much difficult. But with ArianeB I can only play the game with the choice that is shown on that screen. If I try to open multiple tab of that game whenever a choice comes I have to play it from starting on that tab and also on playing on multiple tabs the responses are different on choosing the same options on different tabs. So it would be nice to have written matter beside the pics. There's only one thing I would ask Ariane, I f she can make the game to be open in multiple tabs and explore different paths so that not to play the game multiple times as there could be many options and paths unexplored. So i request her to make the game if she likes it to be opened in multiple tabs and not get any difference in them.
peter1212

Postby redle » Tue, 14Feb18 02:46

Opening multiple tabs and running different paths concurrently are always likely to semi-break any of these browser based games. They store things in a cookie. All of those different tabs are editing that same cookie. So, taking Ariane drinking as an example: if you start a game and fire off 2 tabs at the first choice, play 1 tab and have her drink until she is drunk, then switch to the other tab, Ariane will already be drunk (it's all the same game and both tabs look at the same place to decide how much she's had to drink).

I'm not saying I don't understand why you might want to play this way, but it would be a ton of extra work and nearly impossible to bug-test thoroughly. I would really doubt this will ever be done. But, basically what you are trying to do is play the game in a way it isn't intended to hack in a save point. You'd be much better off asking/hoping for saves to be added to the game. That's a much more feasible feature from the development side.
redle
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Tue, 14Feb18 06:12

Peter, I'm interested in hearing why you open tabs in games that have a save game option. Is it that you want more saves? When you played Meeting Kelley did you open tabs or were the three save slots enough?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby t1nm@n » Tue, 14Feb18 15:17

I can't speak for other people, but I use multiple tabs as a force of habit. Older games (Chaotic) didn't have it and I got used to playing this way.
t1nm@n
great white shark

Postby peter1212 » Wed, 14Feb19 17:23

Tlaero wrote:

Peter, I'm interested in hearing why you open tabs in games that have a save game option. Is it that you want more saves? When you played Meeting Kelley did you open tabs or were the three save slots enough?

Tlaero

Three saves are not enough for games having multiple endings. For instance viewing every ending I had to open multiple tabs where the path crossed away. So no three saves are not enough for a game like this. Like SITA has numerous save slots and I liked it much but it was like a comic book and not like these V-Date games so it was worthless to put so many save slots in a game like SITA and not in ArianeB or other games. There should be maximum 10 or more save slots in games like these.
peter1212

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games