[HTML,Phreaky] Virtual Date with Amy (New game)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual Date with Amy (New game)

Postby cheezyo » Tue, 10Apr13 19:08

Congratulate!
We waitng for your next job.
:)
cheezyo
sirens hunter

Postby Rikwar » Tue, 10Apr13 19:59

Rikwar wrote :
Hi Arnulf although I would very much like to do some animated pics for the time being I dont have much free time between work etc, but eventually will give a it a try, will keep in mind Advanced Gif Maker !
Thanks Arnulf

Hey Arnulf forgot to ask you what software would you recommend to do any artwork as a second picture ?
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby Arnulf » Wed, 10Apr14 08:12

Rikwar, you can use in principle each software, which you are familiar with. Personally, I use "Microsoft Photo Editor", that is an old program, which formally was part of the Windows Office package. It is very simple, but it has some functions, which leave defined areas to copy and therefore I can make free picture areas out of my own, as I wish, even pixel for pixel. That sometimes is a lot of time needed therefor, but it is the nearest similar to handmade paintings.
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby andrewwh » Wed, 10Apr14 09:10

Thanks for the walkthroughs.

And phreaky, I think you have done a great job.

Thanks again.
andrewwh
Pilot fish

Postby Arnulf » Wed, 10Apr14 10:10

Another sample ??
Arnulf

Postby tlaero » Wed, 10Apr14 11:06

Hi phreaky,
It's great to have another person making "Virtual Date" games. I'm a big fan. I'm going to recycle some advice I gave to Chaotic about the Javascrïpt and cookies he and you both use. I don't think Chaotic ever listened to this advice, but if you do, it'll save you a lot of time and headaches in the future.

I've uploaded a set of examples for you to http://rapidshare.com/files/375671632/c ... v.zip.html (Rapidshare says that this will be deleted after 10 downloads, so if anyone else is interested in this, please wait until phreaky has grabbed it. It’s just some example html, not a game.)

The cookies have been the main cause of trouble with Chaotic's games. There's nothing wrong with cookies. We just need to tweak how they're used. Most of the pain comes from basing decisions on whether or not a cookie exists. Your life will become much easier if you stop basing decisions on the EXISTENCE of the cookie and instead base them on the VALUE of the cookie.

All cookies have a value that you can set at will. And, I believe, all browsers use the same code to set and read that value. So, where before you would do one thing if a cookie didn’t exist and another if it did, now you’ll do the first thing if the cookie is set to 0, and another if it’s set to 1. When you start the game, you just need to set all the cookies to 0.

To make cookienav, I started with some files from Chaotic's VDG and tried to change them as little as possible. I want the examples to be similar to what you’re used to and easy for you to follow. I’ve provided a few new jscrïpt functions for you, the most important of which is “readCookie.” This function reads the value of the cookie you give it and returns it as a number. If the cookie doesn’t exist, it returns 0. So you don’t have to worry about treating “invalid” cookies differently than cookies that are set to the default.

Using numbers allows you to do some nice things. For instance, you can now tell the difference between a cookie being 0, 1, 2, or 3. You no longer need 3 influence cookies. Now you just need one that you add to whenever the user does something good. You also now have the ability to take influence points away when the user does something bad. To help with this, I provided two other functions: incrementCookie and decrementCookie. The first adds 1 to the value of the cookie and the second subtracts 1 (with a minimum value of 0).

I also gave you some examples of how to call jscrïpt functions from hyperlinks and areas. You no longer need to put buttons in when the user gets influence. You can add and subtract values in cookies from links people click or from areas on the screen.
Finally, I gave a few examples of setting cookie values when you go to a page. You might want to do that for the situations where you only want to go to a place once, so you set a cookie when you get there.

To try out the example, start at teststart.html and click links from there. Ignore the missing pictures. I just used Chaotic's files and didn’t try to match them with images. You’ll see that I still use a “check” page the way Chaotic did, but now a single check chooses between multiple places based on the cookie value. In the example we go one place if the cookie is 0, another if it’s 1, and another if it’s > 1. You could just as easily go to 7 different places with 7 different values, or go to various places based on ranges, etc.

The page that shows how to increment and decrement cookies from links is test5.html. test4.html (and teststart.html) show you how to set cookies to predefined values when the page loads. You could also set to a predefined value from a link, or increment on page load, etc.

If you have any questions about how any of this works, don’t hesitate to ask.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby phreaky » Wed, 10Apr14 13:54

@tlaero
Thanks, will check them out, that should improve the technical side of the game a lot

For the current game however, I'm done with modification, so maybe the next game I can implement some of ur advices

@mods
I'm almost done revising another version of the game, try to fix the cookie problem (hopefully) and adding one more path to the ending
My question is, should I use this thread for the new link or make a new thread?

Thanks
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby Arnulf » Wed, 10Apr14 14:53

phreaky, why do you not have a look on the pitures, I've sent you?
Arnulf

Postby phreaky » Wed, 10Apr14 15:30

@arnulf

Sorry, to where did you send the pictures ? I would love to see it
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby Arnulf » Wed, 10Apr14 16:31

phreaky, I've sent you the link for the pictures and the attached html-files by PM. This is a rapidshare link, you only have to download and unpack the same. But if this is too complicated for you, I can send this also by e-mail.
Arnulf

Postby Rikwar » Wed, 10Apr14 17:09

Thanks Arnulf for your last reply, I do have photoshop but find it somewhat complicated at times, so will try "Microsoft Photo Editor" have seen it as a free download on a web site !

Well off to work now, wishing you and all a great day [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

Looking forward to your add-on phreaky on a personal note seeing this will be an add-on I would put your new link to the game under the one you have in your first post, so not to have multiple questions about the game, but thats only my opinion [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby phreaky » Wed, 10Apr14 17:22

@arnulf

Since I often used mobile to access this forum, I can't open PM for some reasons
But I will check it as soon as I access the internet via PC

Thanks
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby 60nowise » Wed, 10Apr14 20:41

Here is a trial of a little animation: [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

the necessary pics i made with "photoshop", my favorite program for working with fotos

many thanks to Arnulf, who helped me to bring this animation in this post [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
60nowise
star of the reef

Postby David » Wed, 10Apr14 20:53

I could very easily lose all track of time looking at that....

[img]smile/xsgrin.gif[/img]
David
star of the reef

Postby Arnulf » Wed, 10Apr14 21:00

60nowise: [img]smile/thumb.gif[/img] at least, WISE!!
Arnulf

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games