[HTML,Phreaky] Virtual Date with Amy (New game)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual Date with Amy (New game)

Postby phreaky » Fri, 10Apr16 10:51

Guys,

I already add the new link for Amy version 2 at the first post of this thread

- add one ending path
- try to fix the cookie problem
- try to add some animations, not to all ending, and the quality could be better, but at least I'm trying :)

Well, as usual just check it out and enjoy

And since I'm making this game on my free time, it actually is finished in a relative short time

But too bad (well not that bad for me personally hehe), starting next week I will be working on a project (my job, not related to Amy), and I will be quite busy

So I don't know when will I get the time or energy to build another game, but hopefully I can still manage to do that, even if it takes much longer time than this one :)
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 10Apr16 11:33

Enjoy your paid job! Just go the download but with other imagery considered more imperative I'm not going to be in a position to offer any assessment within maybe, 16 hrs?
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby Rikwar » Fri, 10Apr16 13:05

Thanks a bunch phreaky for the new version will give it a whirl after work, if this is a new project 'job' best of luck to you [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby yawner » Fri, 10Apr16 14:28

phreaky,
you still didn't correct checking cookies (In every *check.html file).
instead of:
var start = document.cookie.indexOf(cookieName);
should be:
var start = document.cookie.indexOf(cookieName + "=");

As to deleting cookies, there's no need to make function for every cookie. Single "function del_cookie..." will be enough, just make sure, that you will later call to this function for every cookie (del_cookie("cookiename");)
yawner
great white shark

Postby 60nowise » Fri, 10Apr16 15:49

Just a new trial of an animation [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

astonishung, what you can see, when you go for a walk [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
60nowise
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 10Apr16 16:09

I think I have a very great problem with this!

I live in a very rural area and no termite or dry rot timbers behave like that! Thank the Almighty! See what tremors do to our planet!?

Frankly, 60nowise if at about 1.30 am/pm that happened in my district, whose helpline would I call, Sig Freud?

Actually, it really is a great piece of work, bt for a test case would "Projects" have been a better place? Yeah! I know, exhibitionism! A wood turner might love to be able to do that!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby 60nowise » Fri, 10Apr16 20:08

@Squeeky: Sorry, that i posted it in the wrong place. I didn't want to open a new topic and i posted it here, because we talked here already about animations. [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]
60nowise
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Sat, 10Apr17 02:04

What's the problem? Hasn't anyone seen a great tit on a log before? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 10Apr17 04:40

Greebo wrote : What's the problem? Hasn't anyone seen a great tit on a log before? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

Well ... it certainly doesn't look like this variety!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Arnulf » Sun, 10Apr18 04:00

Hi, phreaky, I've found out that the new version plays only with Firefox! It doesn't work with IE7. But however, the new sequence in the bar and at the private pool is great![img]smile/thumb.gif[/img]
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby phreaky » Sun, 10Apr18 05:09

@arnulf, I didn'y realize that since I don't use IE

Anyway, what do you think about the animation? Can we make gif quality better than that? I hat the grainy look, and that's a quite big files already
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby TheBrain » Sun, 10Apr18 09:39

Gifs are far from ideal for animation, compare it to just taking every frame and zipping it. Even though you know that a lot of the pixels remain unchanged a compression like that doesn't cope with it.

Animations with either high resolution or more than 3 frames or so will benefit a lot in size from using movie-compression (MPEG, divx, etc.). The main downside there is that it could raise some compatibility issues.
I suppose a good option would be to find (or make) a very basic flash video player and compress your animations into a FLV (flash video, which is MPEG4 iirc) file. I would even expect there to be tools for this, but I'm too tired to check now ;).
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sun, 10Apr18 11:37

Phreaky, the changes you made in BEGIN.html caused all of the cookies to be created, rather than deleted. So people on some browsers will not be able to play.

It was almost precisely for this reason that I did that nav example for Chaotic. He did the same thing. The nav example will work in all browsers, though.

Hopefully your next endeavor will start from that base. (-:

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby yawner » Sun, 10Apr18 14:30

@tlaero
That's not correct, in BEGIN.html cookies are in fact deleted (even two times, nobody know why).

The problem is checking cookies. It's similar situation to not so very long ago way of making pages to work only with internet explorer - "If it works here, that's the one, the only, and the proper way". Here however instead of internet explorer you put firefox and then make second version for "ie" with proper checking cookies, which works on every browser. ((c) chaotic)
yawner
great white shark

Postby phreaky » Sun, 10Apr18 15:48

@tlaero

Dang I was late, tried to download your sample from rapid but the limit was reached
Any possibility to upload it again but send the link to me by PM ?

That is if it's not so troublesome for u, I want to try to do things better regarding the cookie

Thanks
phreaky
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games