Passwords for Pusooy games

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Passwords for Pusooy games

Postby jfrancois323 » Tue, 13Feb26 03:20

Eligarf wrote:From the perspective of a game designer, what is the purpose of making passwords?
Clearly, they are useful for debugging purposes, allowing you to access certain points in the game quickly and easily.

What then is the purpose of keeping them active for your users/game players?
Same thing. Allowing them access to certain points quickly and easily.

But why would that be necessary?
This I think is the key question regarding this issue: Why do Puso's games need them and Shark's do not?
I think it is because the length of game play time between action sequences in Puso's games is simply too long to hold the user's attention. Shark's games, on the other hand, are paced in such a way that there is never much time between action sequences, and they are written in such a way that the time that is spent in between action sequences flows more smoothly and more quickly. And then there is the difference in actual game play. Shark relies less on the user for maintaining the action. Whereas in Puso's games you have to be very active with the mouse, in Shark's games you have to be very active with your mind, and once you figure out what to do it is merely a matter of a click or two to get the right (or wrong!) action. :) The end result is that after a half an hour of playing a Shark game you have seen several action sequences and your wrist is fine. The same half hour with a Puso game (especially the Beach series, OMG!) you have seen one and a half action sequences and your wrist is sore from trying to figure out exactly what he wants you to do with the mouse. That is why the passwords are necessary for Puso's games, and not for Shark's.

The bottom line then is that Puso left them there so that the people who play his games could use them. Because he knew that they would both want and need them. So there should be no disparagement for sharing them and/or using them.

Shark games also have help word, maybe you just don't find them ??? [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby nvtsbamf » Tue, 13Feb26 08:32

sharks games' passwords are hidden away in his forum message
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 13Feb26 10:50

WhOh!

Shark's Passwords? While there instances where Shark has employed passwords to enable one to bypass prior gameplay I do believe that the discussion incorrectly focuses upon Shark's help words, the words up until now are of 5 letters, and which when typed give the player a prompt.

This needs to be addressed properly.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby LucaNatoli » Wed, 13Mar06 14:45

Squeeky wrote:WhOh!

Shark's Passwords? While there instances where Shark has employed passwords to enable one to bypass prior gameplay I do believe that the discussion incorrectly focuses upon Shark's help words, the words up until now are of 5 letters, and which when typed give the player a prompt.

I agree, while Pusooy's passwords completely skip the scenes, as Shark's simply give you a "hint" and you still have to play the game, not skip over it.

As someone mentioned, it is better to play the game with out these "help words" as the game was intended to be played. I have had trouble many of times, but after a little trial and error you work it out. That is the fun of it. Any way, i think the person who posted these "hint" words was maybe one of the people that struggled to figure out how the game was played and was always hitting dead ends and decided to post them, i will give them credit for hiding the hint words (spoiler mode), but still.
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby kessie8yl » Wed, 13Mar06 15:30

LucaNatoli wrote:
Squeeky wrote:WhOh!

I agree, while Pusooy's passwords completely skip the scenes, as Shark's simply give you a "hint" and you still have to play the game, not skip over it.

As someone mentioned, it is better to play the game with out these "help words" as the game was intended to be played. I have had trouble many of times, but after a little trial and error you work it out. That is the fun of it. Any way, i think the person who posted these "hint" words was maybe one of the people that struggled to figure out how the game was played and was always hitting dead ends and decided to post them, i will give them credit for hiding the hint words (spoiler mode), but still.

I wasn't aware that anyone had posted Shark's "hint words" this thread is about Pusooy's passwords.

As far as I'm concerned trying to work out Shark's hint word is more difficult than playing any of his games. I've never needed to use one but I don't know why they are cloaked in so much mystery. In Shark's earlier games you could just type "help" to get a hint but it only applied to that particular page, it didn't mean you could jump into the middle of a game like Pusooy's, presumably the "hint words" work the same way?
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby LRM » Wed, 13Mar06 19:11

Posting Shark's hint words, even under a spoiler will earn you a long vacation from the Lagoon!
Don't!
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby LucaNatoli » Thu, 13Mar07 01:47

kessie8yl wrote:I wasn't aware that anyone had posted Shark's "hint words" this thread is about Pusooy's passwords.

As far as I'm concerned trying to work out Shark's hint word is more difficult than playing any of his games. I've never needed to use one but I don't know why they are cloaked in so much mystery. In Shark's earlier games you could just type "help" to get a hint but it only applied to that particular page, it didn't mean you could jump into the middle of a game like Pusooy's, presumably the "hint words" work the same way?

Shark's hint words (which i have only used once) just shows you were to click (basically it is if you are stuck), rather then Pusooy's scene skipping "hint word". I do not know why Pusooy could not have done it the same way as shark, rather then skipping scenes, but hey each to their own [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] .
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby jfrancois323 » Thu, 13Mar07 06:26

My idea about that is : by using the help word on Pussoy games, you lose a lot of action, so to be able to see everything in the game, you got to search more !!
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby Ncrdrg » Thu, 13Mar07 08:54

LRM wrote:Posting Shark's hint words, even under a spoiler will earn you a long vacation from the Lagoon!
Don't!

Why? I mean, it's been coded there for a reason. Sometimes, you get stuck and can't figure out what to do and it becomes useful. Why act like a bunch of moralistic people telling others how to enjoy their games? If it's marked under a spoiler, then it's none of your goddamn business if some people decide to use it.
Ncrdrg
great white shark

Postby bosbrand » Thu, 13Mar07 09:14

LucaNatoli wrote:Shark's hint words (which i have only used once) just shows you were to click (basically it is if you are stuck), rather then Pusooy's scene skipping "hint word". I do not know why Pusooy could not have done it the same way as shark, rather then skipping scenes, but hey each to their own [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] .

Both have different intentions with their passwords/hint words. Shark's hint words are intended to help people figure out how to complete a scene where the puzzle is too hard, or somebody just doesn't have the right inspiration. Pusooy's passwords are intended to replay favorite scenes after finishing the game.

Different requirements, therefore different implementations. And in my opinion, both manage to fulfill their respective requirements quite nicely.
bosbrand
great white shark

Postby LucaNatoli » Thu, 13Mar07 11:40

bosbrand wrote:Both have different intentions with their passwords/hint words. Shark's hint words are intended to help people figure out how to complete a scene where the puzzle is too hard, or somebody just doesn't have the right inspiration. Pusooy's passwords are intended to replay favorite scenes after finishing the game.

Different requirements, therefore different implementations. And in my opinion, both manage to fulfill their respective requirements quite nicely.

Hmm, i did not look at it that way. I guess to replay your favorite scene(s), then yes that is good, however if it is the first time you are playing a pusooy game and you use these said "hint words", you miss out on a lot of the story / action. But i agree for the scene part [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby peter1212 » Thu, 14Feb20 18:08

What are the debug codes for the Pussoy games? Can these codes be found out be decompiling them? Are these codes like the secret codes that can be found out be examining the game? Also what is the secret scene in the BP3 message text id 1684?
peter1212

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 14Feb21 03:14

peter1212 wrote:What are the debug codes for the Pussoy games? Can these codes be found out be decompiling them? Are these codes like the secret codes that can be found out be examining the game? Also what is the secret scene in the BP3 message text id 1684?

If you read Pusooy's boards you will find he tells you exactly how to find the so-called hidden scenes... Enough to say that you don't need passwords to access them, they are opened up by normal gameplay. In fact I found one involving a news reporter totally by accident and didn't realise it was a "hidden scene" until I read the board much later.

To clarify the password thing again - Pusooy and Shark both use "Section passwords" where you complete one section of the game and are given a password that allows you access to the next section so you don't have to play the whole thing from the start every time. There is no point in decompiling the games because knowing these passwords in advance is not an advantage. If you play the whole game you'll get them anyway and if you don't intend to play the whole game... [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]

Shark also has secret "hint" words on certain pages. If you know what the word is the area where your cursor should be placed will be highlighted. This word is usually contained in an entry Shark posts on the board here shortly after the game is released. I've never really bothered trying to track one down and don't understand what all the fuss is about because when people get stuck they ask for help and someone else will post a hint or three. Eventually Arnulf or someone will compile a complete walkthrough of the game too - So even someone who is totally stuck to the point of giving up doesn't need to find the secret word either - but I guess it gives the mods something to get excited about :lol:

[Mod note: Unfortunately Arnulf is no longer with us, may God rest his soul.]

Sincere apologies to all... I realise that sentence didn't come out quite the way I'd intended. Although I think it might be a fitting tribute if all Shark walkthroughs in future were to appear under a banner that includes the name "Arnulf"... with a brief homage to the man himself at the top.
Last edited by kessie8yl on Sat, 14Feb22 01:57, edited 1 time in total.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby peter1212 » Fri, 14Feb21 17:37

No but I got a message in BP series that there was something like a debug code and the message was
The debug unlock code has been entered!

The D key will now toggle debug mode.

Press the space bar to continue

What does this means. I know the secret code is one thing that changes or skips a scene but what is debug mode and what is the debug code and how to activate it.
peter1212

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 14Feb21 22:59

While I am not acquainted with what you reference as "BP series", I surmise that what you have read is something meant for Pusooy's beta testers and is by no means relevant to the end player.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games