Re: Getting to Know Christine

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Postby Macster » Sat, 11Jul23 09:14

Hi, I was just wondering if there is another place to download the updated version of "Getting to know Christine"? I used to have this copy, but inadvertently lost it, when I had to reload my computer. I lost a lot of data that time. Anyway, when I try to download the program from RapidShare it keeps telling me that I need to register with them for a fee. Granted it is only a couple of dollars, but I would rather Tlearo and Phreaky get the fee than those guys. Anyway I would really appreciate a copy if possible.

Thanks so much,

Macster
Macster
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 11Jul23 09:28

I've just compromised my ISP download quota! I am currently downloading from the link posted in the first comment (136Mb of it)!
Did you follow the Rapidshare page properly? Seems to have a trick about that "Free Download" button.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Rikwar » Sat, 11Jul23 10:35

Macster wrote:Hi, I was just wondering if there is another place to download the updated version of "Getting to know Christine"? I used to have this copy, but inadvertently lost it, when I had to reload my computer. I lost a lot of data that time. Anyway, when I try to download the program from RapidShare it keeps telling me that I need to register with them for a fee. Granted it is only a couple of dollars, but I would rather Tlearo and Phreaky get the fee than those guys. Anyway I would really appreciate a copy if possible.

Thanks so much,

Macster

@Macster Just go to page 1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=125 and choose the multiupload link instead..

For Rapidshare if you dont see the free user option on the bottom right side just refresh the page ''that usually works for me using IE8''
Rik
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Macster » Sat, 11Jul23 16:39

Thanks Squeeky and Rikwar,

I saw the free download button and clicked on it, but it seemed like it refered to there downloader or something other than the Chistine 1.1 version of the game. I will look into it tonite, when I have more time.

Thanks,

Macster
Macster
sirens hunter

Postby Loup Garou » Tue, 11Jul26 07:49

Interesting game.

Reading through the notes in here, I see that a number of people were a little... put off with Christine. Yeah. She is a little domineering, but... I have a feeling that she had a lot of men dominate the hell out of her... break her trust in men on the whole. Adrian is following her lead mostly from fear, but also because he can see the shy, frightened little girl inside all those walls she has put up. He is being patient and giving her the reign so that she can learn that he is NOT the same as those other guys.

Now... Were I Adrian, after about the third date, I would have taken her hand and said, (Oh... I know y'all are thinking I am gonna dump her, but.....) "Christine. I love you. I don't know yet if I am IN love with you, but I do care about you greatly. You keep testing me. Looking for my breaking point -- how long it takes me to lie to you, cheat on you, or dump you. Well, guess what. You don't need to test. I am here. I want to be with you. I care about you. The only thing that is gonna POSSIBLY drive me away is if you keep feeling that the only way you can know that for sure is if I keep passing your tests. If I hurt you... treat you like the assholes from your past... kick my ass and keep looking. But I am not gonna do that, so..." Then, I would place a hand on each of her cheeks and give her a passionate, deep, lasting kiss. Let go of her. And say, "Well... the ball is in your court. You gonna trust me or kick me out?"

But, hey... that's just me.

8-)
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Postby macman135 » Fri, 12Jan13 08:42

Not sure if this is a bug or if it was intended or if it's unavoidable, but

I can get through the game without having to worry about points and checkpoints by knowing which option will give 2 points (for example) and CMD+clicking that link multiple times to open the resulting page in a new tab. The points all stack, so it's easy to get 100+ points early in the game and coast the rest of the way.
macman135
sirens hunter

Postby phreaky » Sat, 12Jan14 01:18

@macman

In these kinds of html games, we can always cheat by opening new tabs. We can add points, go back when we make mistakes etc

Tlaero always suggests we play in the smaller windows only
Not sure if we can block this hole, I guess it depends what the purpose of each people who plays the game

If we want to cheat, there's always a way I guess, but what's the fun of it ? :D
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby macman135 » Sun, 12Jan15 07:49

Ah, true. I just didn't notice anyone mentioning it, and wasn't sure if you'd want to patch it up (if it were even possible).
macman135
sirens hunter

Postby Duke » Sun, 12Jan15 15:05

I love the game and Keeley. But I have a problem with all of the versions. No mater what level I click on I seem to play and the low level and get a message at the end that says play on a higher level to get further. Do I need a different download?

I would really like to proceed further in these games. Please provide any information you may have.
Last edited by Duke on Sat, 12Jan28 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Duke
Pilot fish

Postby tlaero » Tue, 12Jan17 01:34

I don't mind if people "cheat" at these games. They're single player, so cheating doesn't really hurt anyone. Ideally I find the right balance between challenge and frustration and you don't need to cheat to enjoy the game. But, since that balance is different for different people, the ideal is hard to attain. There are plenty of ways to "cheat," including looking at the source code.

Personally, I try to play these games as the author intended, but everyone should do what he or she has to do to enjoy the game.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby eskina » Mon, 12Jan30 14:12

Does anyone know if Tlaero plans to release a new game? Has anyone ever thought of translating Christine in Italian?
eskina
sirens hunter

Postby Cugel » Mon, 12Feb06 05:19

This has got to be one of the best conceived, designed, written and developed works of this type that I have come across. I know how much effort projects like this take and your attention to detail and what must have been long and rigorous testing really paid off. I'm not the kind of person who plays these games looking for mistakes or things to criticize. What I do look for is a modestly challenging, engaging, nicely composed sexy game and Getting to Know Christine is all of those things and more. I think I saw one instance of a malformed tag that showed up inline with some text - considering all the text and code in the game, a tiny flaw indeed.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby robonichol » Sat, 12Mar10 20:11

I just finished the game and then went back and found the secret ending, I just had to post and say "BEST......GAME......EVER!!!!!"
robonichol
Pilot fish

Postby P-Slayer » Sat, 12Jun23 08:22

Just reminded myself today just how amazing this title is. I'm not surprised at all that this is the most played game on PF1.

Such great work!
P-Slayer
lagoon predator

Postby jardel77 » Tue, 12Jul31 14:35

No matter how many times I play this game it's always fun and entertaining!

I really hope that there will be more games for us to play.

Such a great game and such a great work.
jardel77
sirens hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games