Re: Getting to Know Christine

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Postby zarkon » Mon, 11Mar28 05:11

Thank you very much, Graen. It was the Opera. I used FireFox and everything worked just fine. And ansering to Squeeky, I'm sorry for not doing things the proper way, but I'm new to this forum thing. I'll do what you told me, and I'll try to avoid mistakes from now on.
zarkon
sirens hunter

Postby Graen » Mon, 11Mar28 05:38

zarkon wrote : Thank you very much, Graen. It was the Opera. I used FireFox and everything worked just fine.
No worries zarkon ;)

tlaero, you might want to add to the first post that the game doesn't work in Opera, at least until that particular issue is resolved.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby betterbig2 » Mon, 11Mar28 07:47

Congratulations to the authors! Like the game a lot, an incredible story, great graphics. This is, to me, the hotest dating simulator so far.
betterbig2
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Mon, 11Mar28 09:40

Okay, updated the first page to say that. We test our games in IE and Firefox. If Opera or Chrome or Safari doesn't work, please use one of the two main browsers.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby dcyberjf » Mon, 11Mar28 10:44

this is trully a great game !!!

i pass the easy & medium difficulty with a couple try, but now i'm blocked on the nighclub of the hard section. i start the scene at 60 points and finish the scene at 65. to pass the scene i need 70 points. can i get some help by private message please ???

thank in advance !!
dcyberjf
great white shark

Postby nazgul1201 » Mon, 11Mar28 10:58

tlaero wrote : Phreaky, we can't retire now. We still have to prove that it's possible to do a realistic female protagonist game. (-:

After THAT we can retire. Well, until we decide we need to prove that it's possible to do a good game where the character is controlled by a demon...

Ripe, 119? Damn, I thought for sure that 115 was the max, then ExLibris proved me wrong and found a way to do 117. Apparently I missed yet another arousal somewhere. Bugs, bugs. You can never squash em all.

Tlaero

You have found a secret ending? Please, says to me where and how you have found it!

Naz
nazgul1201
Pilot fish

Postby humbert » Mon, 11Mar28 11:20

Rekitt wrote : Max points I could find at end of each scene

Ally - 2

How can you get points in the alley/intro? There are no options.
humbert
sirens hunter

Postby ExLibris » Mon, 11Mar28 11:33

humbert wrote : Rekitt wrote : Max points I could find at end of each scene

Ally - 2

How can you get points in the alley/intro? There are no options.

He's talking about the conversation Adrian and Christine have outside the bar on their first date.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby ExLibris » Mon, 11Mar28 11:36

dcyberjf wrote : this is trully a great game !!!

i pass the easy & medium difficulty with a couple try, but now i'm blocked on the nighclub of the hard section. i start the scene at 60 points and finish the scene at 65. to pass the scene i need 70 points. can i get some help by private message please ???

thank in advance !!

You can only get a maximum of 8 points in the nightclub date, so there's no way you'll be able to get to 70 without going back and finding some of the points you missed.

I think 60 is enough to get the secret ending though, provided you've taken the three necessary actions.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby leonizer » Mon, 11Mar28 11:38

Congratulations - really amazing work.

Indeed PF1 users felt in love with Christine - good job and respect. Such highly rated game motivates us to work harder on our next projects. Thanks for this.

If you need some visual tunning of your next game, please let me know. I can offer a nice post production of already rendered jpg's.

BTW - I use Opera and everything works fine for me.

Cheers
leonizer
lagoon predator

Postby phreaky » Mon, 11Mar28 11:48

@leo

We would also like to thank you for hosting the game at pf1, and also helping with the image resizing. Thanks !

And to all others, thanks also for your comments and compliments.
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby Thrain » Mon, 11Mar28 12:04

ExLibris wrote :

I think that's one of my main criticisms of the game. Adrian is not particularly deeply characterised but everything he does is 'in character' and reflects his low self-esteem and growing infatuation with Christine. That's why we never see him in any other context besides dating Christine. Unfortunately that doesn't create a character that most players would want to be, and there's no way to alter the course of his actions. Even getting the secret ending requires plenty of kowtowing to Christine's desires, and ultimately his independence turns out to be an illusion. All of which increases the distance between player and protagonist. Most AIF uses an anonymous protagonist for precisely the reason that it increases the identification between player and PC, but it doesn't work when the game requires the PC to do things that the player wouldn't.

Related to that is the fact that Adrian never felt like the main character of the game to me. Christine completely overshadowed him. She shoots guns, drives a Ferrari and beats up the guy who beats up Adrian (which establishes Adrian's position in the pecking order early on). She does everything better than the PC, or anyone else. She even one ups Patty by deep throating her well-endowed boyfriend (which Patty can't do). The game ends with Christine as the centre of attention and the PC as just a supporting character.

I realise it would have meant telling a very different story, but I would have enjoyed the game more if Adrian had a more active role, and Christine was someone he had to win (rather than pay for by acceding to her dares and demands).

Overall it's still the most enjoyable game I've played this year, just not as enjoyable as it perhaps could have been.

I fully understand your position.

Do I prefer play with character who give me feeling to act myself, or a very fictional character ?
Good question !

I am not sure than Adrian is the main "problem". I rather think that Christine is mainly a character I will never meet.
But I really enjoy Adrian be tricked by Christine even in special ending. But true, I don't want BE Adrian. That really clear ^^

Is the game will be better is I feel act myself ? Yes and no. Yes because the feeling to "act" myself is pretty good, but No because I will lose that kind of story.

I really cannot say I prefer one solution or the other. I like two equaly. And I not sure the two can append in one single game !
Thrain
great white shark

Postby SquallLion » Mon, 11Mar28 13:30

excellent !
it's very, very long!
and I liked the checkpoint
mais que fait la police ?
SquallLion
star of the reef

Postby Salamandastron » Mon, 11Mar28 15:07

Ifrit wrote : looking through the responses and critique in this thread, it strikes me that whilst many members of the lagoon are happy playing a game as a strong-willed guy trying to get some shy young woman to come out of her shell and sleep with him, they're not comfortable having the roles reversed and being led on by a stronger female... just a thought

I think that's oversimplifying a complex psychological trait. Speaking only for myself of course, but it's not about strong-will or weak-will, but free will.

For example, I enjoyed the scene in Moist where the player gets dildo-raped by a dominatrix, but it was enjoyable because the sequence happened as retribution for the player's actions. So essentially the player brought that fate upon himself, which is the fundamental pull for me as a player, as far as decision-making games go.

Where these 'get the girl' games are concerned, yes - the most popular mechanic is that the girl isn't interested in you at first (whether she's shy, arrogant, abrasive, etc. isn't as important as the fact that she's disinterested) and through your actions in the game, she slowly but steadily becomes interested - therein lies the challenge. If the girl is already interested, you'd think all the challenge would already be gone by the time you started.

Of course, Tlaero/phreaky have proved otherwise, adding considerable challenge to a game where the girl is already interested (if only mildly) when the game begins. But going this route will inevitably throw up a couple of problems for some players, most of which have been mentioned. Whether these problems are worth addressing or not is completely up to Tlaero and phreaky, since ultimately, they are the game creators.
Salamandastron
lagoon predator

Postby tankmikegolf » Mon, 11Mar28 18:17

thanks ihutch [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
tankmikegolf
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games