Re: Getting to Know Christine

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Postby Franco » Wed, 11Mar23 05:01

The game is ok, but I don't like Christine as a person and I think Adrian (the player) is a wimp for allowing her to order him around like that. I once knew a girl who was into testing me like that (tho not in the same ways). I dropped her, and I would do the same with Christine if she was real.
Franco
star of the reef

Postby PapaSmurf » Wed, 11Mar23 05:15

awsome game guys u really out did yourselfs i seem to be stuck at the niteclub any tips?
PapaSmurf
lagoon predator

Postby Werehunter » Wed, 11Mar23 05:59

Wow just wow, great game you two. You really out did yourself and raised the bar for these type of games. The fact the player is the shy one is a nice change of pace. Another plus for me is that it seems to have additional entire levels for the harder difficulties, I've only played medium thus far. That really gives me an incentive to try out hard rather then just a few more pictures as in the previous games with that system.

Though I do agree with Graen and if I found myself being tested like that, I'd break it off quickly.

But once again, you two did great.
Werehunter
great white shark

Postby phreaky » Wed, 11Mar23 06:56

Well, I agree with all of you that said that a test like what crhistine did would make a lot of guys mad, including me :D

But I think you need to see adrian's character moe to understand him.
He's just not the type of guy who would say to christine "get lost"
Heck, he even considered himself like a lottery-winner to be able to have a girl like her to like him

So, well, that's the type of guy he is, like it or not :D

And also, at the end of the day, christine did that to him not wth a bad motive (such as to play with him or his feeling), but to make sure he's a loya-kind of guy
So, although I personally maybe would dump a girl if she did that kind of thing to me, but hey I'm not adrian. In fact, that just shows the true personality of adrian :D
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Wed, 11Mar23 08:45

Now it's "only" a linear game and once you reached the end you don't have the feeling that you maybe missed out on something.

By the way. You missed out on something. (-:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

While Christine is exactly the character I was trying to portray, I agree that she's not the kind of person I'd get along with in real life. Fortunately, it's a fictional story, not real life. (-:

There are aspects of her that I admire, but she also has traits that I dislike in a person.

I like that she's so strong and self-confident. I like that she's in control of herself and her situation. I love just about everything about the scene where the guy hits on her in the bar. But if I had a friend whose girlfriend treated him the way she treats Adrian, I'd tell him to run away screaming and never look back. At least at the begining. I feel that she's redeemed herself by the end.

In the Keeley games, you basicaly play yourself (even though we gave the character a name to simplify the dialog), and Keeley is the kind of woman typical people can hope to meet, fall in love with, and marry. We've already done that story (although we're not done with it).

This time I wanted to do something different and, arguably, more interesting. It's a rare story where the main character is static throughout. What makes stories interesting is how the situations provided by the plot change the characters. That's hard to do if one character is the player (who won't change during the playing of the game) and the other is just a fun woman who sleeps with him after a date or two.

So, this game is an experiment in using this medium to tell a story. Don't think of it as a dating simulator. Think of it as an interactive erotic adventure story about other people.

Failing that, just use it as an excuse to look at Phreaky's killer images. He's become quite the Daz3D master. (-:

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby cowboyblob » Wed, 11Mar23 08:52

Awesome game!

As far as characters go, you're not playing YOU, you're playing a character, and Christine might not be YOUR Dream Girl, but she's playing true to the character made by the authors.

My one small criticism is that when you show her holding the pistol facing the character at the range, her finger is inside the trigger guard, apparently on the trigger. Only n00bs and Hollywood Posers put their finger inside the trigger guard unless they're ready to shoot. Also, unless it's her own private range, they'd throw her out for picking up a gun and pointing it in any direction AWAY from the targets.

Great job! Now on to "Medium!"
cowboyblob
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Wed, 11Mar23 09:08

Synthus (or anyone else for that matter), if you'd like to mirror it on mediafire, you're welcome to. I'll update the first post with any mirrors. My only requirements are that you don't try to sell the game or take credit for it.

Arnulf, knowing you, I suspect that the Christine in this game doesn't do your late wife any justice. I hope we didn't dirty your memories.

Graen, yes the game gets harder as it progresses. You can just make it by one checkpoint and then not have enough available points to make it through the next one. On the other hand, there are a lot of places where the checkpoint helps. I'm thinking about some sort of system where you can see the max points per area and can restore without failing. So you could tell where you need to focus your attention.

We added the scoring system partway through developent, because we felt the game was too hard without it. We're still working out the right balance between difficulty and frustration.

Blaman, thanks for the detailed feedback. Part of the reason we made Christine as wild as she is was to allow fan-requested scenarios like in the game. Keeley's a lot more down to earth/realistic when it comes to that kind of thing.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby Arnulf » Wed, 11Mar23 10:52

Don't mind, Tlaero, It's a long time........
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby outrider » Wed, 11Mar23 11:31

Tlaero
Here is a multiupload mirror which mirrors to 6 different file-hosting sites:

http://www.multiupload.com/8SEVWVX31B

And again, thanks for your great games!
outrider
great white shark

Postby M » Wed, 11Mar23 12:13

Speaking of missing out on something, I just got sent to hallway10.html, but it doesn't appear to be there.
M
lagoon predator

Postby andPS2 » Wed, 11Mar23 13:30

Great Game! Good job Tlaero and Phreaky!

It seems possible to get stuck because u can't reach
max Points anymore - can anyone please post
the point minimum at the checkpoints?
(to keep it spoiler free checkpoints could
be just just numbered) :)
just for the hard mode...
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby Thrain » Wed, 11Mar23 15:02

I am speechless !

It's a really wonderfull game !
It's worth all energy you both put on it :)

I'm am not able to reach the end so far (hard mode), stuck with 68 on 70 point needed, but I see enough to say it exactly the game I dreamed to play ^^

It's far to be simply an other ariane like game.
I really really like progression, on each day, with both more crazy challange and more interresting sexual situation.

Right anwser is nearly obvious as far I stick thinking in the way both Adrian and Christine are thinking. That is great job !
There is many clue during game allowing us to understand how both characters are reacting.

As nearly anybody around, I will not like Christine in real life. As well, I will not like Dr Lightman from "Lie to me" if I meet him real life. But it's character I love to see virtualy act ^^

So far, I prefer day they spy on their neighbourg. ^^
and I don't like very much part with gun.

Once again, BIG THANK for you both for that game ^^
Thrain
great white shark

Postby psycho72 » Wed, 11Mar23 15:27

compliments to you
managed the easy and medium
hard is really trickey
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby foobar » Wed, 11Mar23 15:33

Oh my god. Really the best game I've ever played, and believe me I've played most of them, the flash ones, the hentai ones and even the aif ones, but this is just AWESOME!
It really did worth waiting for.
foobar
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Wed, 11Mar23 16:47

A couple of spelling mistakes I noticed:
neighbor7: toliet
neighbor25 & neighbor36: embarrasing
trip0: resturant
sauna7e & trans19m: extacy

Although I enjoyed the game I'd have to agree with those who've said that Christine isn't very likeable. I kept expecting that something would explain why she is the way she is . At least if Adrian grows a pair and stops letting her boss him around so completely you get something for your trouble.

In particular, I didn't think that the foursome was the right way to end the game as it's just another example of Christine getting what she wants regardless of anyone else's feelings. If Adrian is reluctant she points out that she let him have sex with Sandy. But that misses the point that it was her idea, just like this is, and Adrian just went along with it. I would have preferred some more romantic that made it clear that their relationship was more than Christine saying "Jump" and Adrian saying "How high?".

Like I said, overall I enjoyed the game but those things just left me... unsatisfied. YMMV
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games