Re: Getting to Know Christine

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 11Mar27 06:46

Ripe wrote : Great game... made it to 95 on hard... so I guess there's place for improvement on my part.

It turns out it's actually possible to 117 points

First date (bar) - 20
Second date (gym) - 18
Third date (webcam) - 23
Fourth date (gun range) - 21
Fifth date (nightclub) - 8
Sixth date (the deed) - 0
Seventh date (pool) - 19
Eighth date (restaurant) - 8
Ninth date (beach) - 0

Just a question: does 20 points for First Date include 2 points you can get at ally before you get to bar or not?

Because so far my best for ending Bar date is 19 points...

Also, someone on Leonizers site claim he ended the game with 134 points [and another claim he ended it with 126].

I've no idea if you can get higher than 117 (I stopped trying at that point). I can't help thinking that it would be nice if Leonizer's site credited the authors though.

The 20 points I listed includes everything that happens during the date, including the conversation that Adrian and Christine have before they enter the bar.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Ripe » Sun, 11Mar27 06:50

ExLibris wrote :

I've no idea if you can get higher than 117 (I stopped trying at that point).

The 20 points I listed includes everything that happens during the date, including the conversation that Adrian and Christine have before they enter the bar.

So I'm missed a point opportunity somewhere... hmmm, wonder what I missed.

Anyway, thanks.
Ripe
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 11Mar27 11:21

I thought the max was 115. ExLibris found a way to get to 117 (I must have miscounted an arousal). There's no way that 126 is possible through normal means.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby tlaero » Sun, 11Mar27 11:49

I just went and read the comments on PlayforceOne. They really like it. (-:

Leo, ExLibris is right. On the main page where it has the title of the game, can you add a "by Phreaky and Tlaero"? Credit where it's due and all that.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby outrider » Sun, 11Mar27 12:27

I really think that these games should be what they're cracked up to be - role playing games.

If we start making the antagonist in every dating game a perfect girl and protagonist a perfect man, they are going to degenerate into bleak clones of each other.

You know, I like first-person shooters a lot, although in real life I can't hit a person in the face, let alone shoot somebody with a rifle. The same goes for erotic RPG games: I like to play various characters, even complete assholes who are obsessed with sex and can step over the bodies of their friends just to get into the pants of another hot girl. Although I hope that I can never become such person in real life :)

So, in that spirit, I think that the game was PERFECT. And although I already thanked the authors, I love to say it again: THANKS GUYS.
outrider
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 11Mar27 13:27

outrider wrote : I really think that these games should be what they're cracked up to be - role playing games.

If we start making the antagonist in every dating game a perfect girl and protagonist a perfect man, they are going to degenerate into bleak clones of each other.

You know, I like first-person shooters a lot, although in real life I can't hit a person in the face, let alone shoot somebody with a rifle. The same goes for erotic RPG games: I like to play various characters, even complete assholes who are obsessed with sex and can step over the bodies of their friends just to get into the pants of another hot girl. Although I hope that I can never become such person in real life :)

So, in that spirit, I think that the game was PERFECT. And although I already thanked the authors, I love to say it again: THANKS GUYS.

I'm not sure I'd classify Christine as the antagonist, although she certainly does put obstacles in Adrian's path for him to overcome.

Also, I don't think anyone is suggesting that the PC has to be perfect. A protagonist is simply the main character around whom the events of the plot revolve, and who the audience is intended to feel the most empathy for. That doesn't preclude him/her being flawed, or a complete bastard. I personally prefer a PC who is detailed, but even anonymous PC aren't identical to each other (consider the protagonist of SD3 for instance).

One of the things I really liked about GtKC was how well developed all of the characters were, which is especially impressive given the limitations of the format (ie. limited dialogue, no descrïption). Normally those sort of restrictions lead to basic 'types' being used, so it was good to see some truly individual characters.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby phreaky » Sun, 11Mar27 13:43

@tlaero
Yeah, in pf1 most of them absolutely loving it, makes them forget about keely (at least for a while) :D

Maybe we should just retire while on top, eh ?
It will be quite a challenge to top christine (although the next keeley probably can do the job)
What do you think, tlaero ? :D
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby Ifrit » Sun, 11Mar27 20:37

great game guys, the personalities of the two main characters are refreshing in the sense that they're unusal.

looking through the responses and critique in this thread, it strikes me that whilst many members of the lagoon are happy playing a game as a strong-willed guy trying to get some shy young woman to come out of her shell and sleep with him, they're not comfortable having the roles reversed and being led on by a stronger female... just a thought
Ifrit
sirens hunter

Postby okimaon1 » Sun, 11Mar27 21:50

So...anyone gonna post a walkthrough?
just for fun...:)
okimaon1
great white shark

Postby dryheave » Mon, 11Mar28 00:00

I think you nailed it Ifrit.
dryheave
great white shark

Postby Ripe » Mon, 11Mar28 00:11

OK, after a lot of "hard work" and several tries I managed to get a 119 score without cheating... but I DIDN'T get a secret ending. So what did I do wrong?

In case someone is wondering... this are points I get at various parts of game:

Begining (alley) - 2
First date (bar) - 18
Second date (gym) - 18
Third date (webcam) - 25
Fourth date (gun range) - 21
Fifth date (nightclub) - 8
Sixth date (the deed) - 0
Seventh date (pool) - 19
Eighth date (restaurant) - 8
Ninth date (beach) - 0

Edit: I figured out what I did wrong... and I got secret ending...
Ripe
lagoon predator

Postby zarkon » Mon, 11Mar28 04:06

Greetings from a new memeber and congratulations on you terrific forum.
I have serious problem with Getting to Know Christine, which by the way looks superb. I played it about 50 times and I always lose. My best score so far is 3. In the bar, when I order drinks it drops to 0. Is that normal? I seriously need help here, so anyone that can give me a hint, I will deeply appreciate it.Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work.
zarkon
sirens hunter

Postby Graen » Mon, 11Mar28 04:22

zarkon wrote : Greetings from a new memeber and congratulations on you terrific forum.
I have serious problem with Getting to Know Christine, which by the way looks superb. I played it about 50 times and I always lose. My best score so far is 3. In the bar, when I order drinks it drops to 0. Is that normal? I seriously need help here, so anyone that can give me a hint, I will deeply appreciate it.Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work.
What web-browser are you using? Opera is known to have issues. If you're using FireFox, make sure you allow scrïpts to run.

I Hope that helps. And Welcome to The Lagoon!
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 11Mar28 04:26

zarkon wrote : Greetings from a new memeber and congratulations on you terrific forum.

Firstly, if you intend to keep posting here please go to the thread in Introductions and gives us bit on yourself.

Secondly, we try to maintain the Lagoon as pristine as possible.

Thirdly, I can't believe that you claim playing "50 times" and have a best score of 3 (?) [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]

Look, Christine is not "the lady of your dreams", she's a thrill seeker, go get her! Well, she does have some morality/rules, so yes you do get some restrictions.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Mon, 11Mar28 04:55

Phreaky, we can't retire now. We still have to prove that it's possible to do a realistic female protagonist game. (-:

After THAT we can retire. Well, until we decide we need to prove that it's possible to do a good game where the character is controlled by a demon...

Ripe, 119? Damn, I thought for sure that 115 was the max, then ExLibris proved me wrong and found a way to do 117. Apparently I missed yet another arousal somewhere. Bugs, bugs. You can never squash em all.

Tlaero
tlaero

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games