Meteor by Goblinboy

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Meteor by Goblinboy

Postby dafsa » Fri, 11Aug26 17:42

Graen wrote:
dafsa wrote:Wait, .gam file? I thought Meteor was a .rar file.
RAR files are a type of compression file. You'll need to extract the data from them, to make use of their contents.

For RAR files specifically, you can use WinRAR.

Alright, thanks it worked...though I only have 40 days to start extracting files. Better find his other works.
dafsa
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 11Aug27 06:32

dafsa wrote:
Graen wrote:
dafsa wrote:Wait, .gam file? I thought Meteor was a .rar file.
RAR files are a type of compression file. You'll need to extract the data from them, to make use of their contents.

For RAR files specifically, you can use WinRAR.

Alright, thanks it worked...though I only have 40 days to start extracting files. Better find his other works.

7-zip can also handle RAR files and is free.

The only other Goblinboy games (and indeed AIF in general) that are comparable to Meteor are School Dreams 3 and to a lesser extent Last Horizon. The aifarchive Yahoo group and http://aifcommunity.org/ are the best place to look for AIF games (not all of them will be TADS games though, so you may need other interpreters).
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby LRM » Sat, 11Aug27 18:36

ExLibris wrote:7-zip can also handle RAR files and is free.

I have used both WinRAR and 7-Zip and prefer 7-Zip. One time I had a problem combining a segmented download because it contained a hyphen (I think), but once removed 7-Zip handled it too. There is no trial period or irritating pop-up telling me I've exceeded the trial period.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Greebo » Sat, 11Aug27 22:39

As a Linux (Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal) user I have rar, unrar and p7zip-full installed, and I have never experienced any packing/unpacking problems so far. Both Archive Manager and Comix are installed on my computers and able to use them seamlessly for looking inside files, packing and unpacking them in the first instance and viewing and displaying .cbr files and the like that are archived themselves in zip, rar and similar formats in the second instance.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Bigmanbishop » Sat, 11Dec24 01:49

If you guys want a good RAR extractor get extractnow it's really good and extracts rar files really fast!

Got a question about this game though, I just started playing this game again because playing GoblinBoys new game made me want to play his old games again. I have beat this game about 1000 times but have never got the bonusmode code. Does anyone know what it is? I would really appreciate it!
Bigmanbishop
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 11Dec24 01:58

Bigmanbishop wrote:If you guys want a good RAR extractor get extractnow it's really good and extracts rar files really fast!

Got a question about this game though, I just started playing this game again because playing GoblinBoys new game made me want to play his old games again. I have beat this game about 1000 times but have never got the bonusmode code. Does anyone know what it is? I would really appreciate it!

There isn't a 'bonusmode' per se, although there is a code that allows you to see all of the pictures (including some that aren't actually in the game). You can find it on the first page of this thread.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby montyx » Wed, 11Dec28 12:58

I couldn't find how can I reach the achivement of the foursome with the 2 sisters (Laura and her sister) :crazy:
I've searched the topic w/o result. Can somebody help me please?

Thanks...
montyx
sirens hunter

Postby ExLibris » Wed, 11Dec28 15:17

montyx wrote:I couldn't find how can I reach the achivement of the foursome with the 2 sisters (Laura and her sister) :crazy:

Thanks...

It's a scene in the epilogue rather than an achievement.
From memory the requirements are that James must remain infected (ie. close the curtains whenever you do something), he must have had sex with Laura, and Laura must have discovered that James has had sex with Jenny (ie. by discovering the webcam movie on James' computer). The easiest way to do the latter is to leave the house with the webcam on day 3 after having sex with Jenny, then immediately go back inside and go to James' room. Laura should be there, looking at James' computer.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby montyx » Wed, 11Dec28 16:16

ExLibris wrote:
montyx wrote:I couldn't find how can I reach the achivement of the foursome with the 2 sisters (Laura and her sister) :crazy:

Thanks...

It's a scene in the epilogue rather than an achievement.
From memory the requirements are that James must remain infected (ie. close the curtains whenever you do something), he must have had sex with Laura, and L
aura must have discovered that James has had sex with Jenny (ie. by discovering the webcam movie on James' computer). The easiest way to do the latter is to leave the house with the webcam on day 3 after having sex with Jenny, then immediately go back inside and go to James' room. Laura should be there, looking at James' computer.

Thx for the quick respond!
montyx
sirens hunter

Postby Erkengrand » Wed, 12Mar28 20:41

Is there a way to have Ashlee nude before you have screwed her once? The bonus suggests it is possible, but I don't find a way to get that.
Erkengrand
Pilot fish

Postby Bigmanbishop » Thu, 12Mar29 04:45

Erkengrand wrote:Is there a way to have Ashlee nude before you have screwed her once? The bonus suggests it is possible, but I don't find a way to get that.

Yes, when you are taking photos of her, you can ask her to pose nude.
Bigmanbishop
great white shark

Postby Ghost dog » Sat, 12Mar31 21:58

This is the first game I play which needs TADS3 and it's a really hard game to start.anyone know any easier game?
Ghost dog
great white shark

Postby Morgwen » Wed, 12Apr04 20:58

Ghost dog wrote:This is the first game I play which needs TADS3 and it's a really hard game to start.anyone know any easier game?

Hmm... what is hard? I think this game is fun... no need to find the "best" way the first time playing it... but if you are looking for easier games from goblinboy, try last horizon, ghost or in darkness...
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 12Apr05 07:23

Ghost dog wrote:This is the first game I play which needs TADS3 and it's a really hard game to start.anyone know any easier game?

Meteor uses TADS 2, not TADS 3... Ghost is the only TADS 3 game that Goblinboy has made. However, the HTML TADS interpreter should deal with both formats (assuming you're using Windows).

What exactly are you finding difficult?
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby rabbie » Thu, 12Apr05 10:47

The start is a bit...unintuitive. prepare food, talk to silvers, Prepare food x2, wash dishes....something like that - if thats what you are getting at
rabbie
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games