Meteor by Goblinboy

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Meteor by Goblinboy

Postby bloody » Wed, 11May11 16:38

what is GoP3 ?
bloody
Pilot fish

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 11May12 12:56

ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby gam0rrr » Thu, 11May12 13:37

Are there any screenshots or teasers of this game before i download it?
gam0rrr
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby ExLibris » Fri, 11May13 07:45

gam0rrr wrote:Are there any screenshots or teasers of this game before i download it?

It's a non-commercial game, so no. A screenshot wouldn't necessarily tell you much since it's primarily a text game (with illustrations).
There are two reviews in the January 2011 issue of Inside Erin (one of them written by me), if you want more information about the game.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby gam0rrr » Fri, 11May13 14:22

Thanks, i'll check them out :)
gam0rrr
great white shark

Postby getinold » Sun, 11May15 16:52

@ExLibris
I have been playing the game almost continuously for 10 days and would rate it as one of, if not the best, of GBs work. I don't think I have yet reached the numerous endings in the same way, so many subtle variations, one more minor extra to find tonight and back to SD3 next week.
The walk through in the thread is a great starter and is an intro. to the game but there is plenty of surprises waiting fo those who vary their play. I would have like to have seen your deleted guide but the Q & A 's throughout the thread filled the gaps.

Rgds. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
getinold
Pilot fish

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 11May15 20:59

I'd agree that it's the best thing that Goblinboy has written. In particular, his characterisation has improved immensely since his first games.

The walkthrough I wrote for Meteor can be downloaded from the aifarchive Yahoo group. At nearly 15000 words, it's a bit big to post here.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby getinold » Mon, 11May16 12:19

@ ExLibris
Read your commentary and found it very informative. Don't know what the fuss was about as one would have had try, at least, a stealth play to get the feel of the characters. Played your way with a few variations and surprise,surprise a few more scenes appeared at the end. I also halved my gameplay time by 1/3 by cutting to the chase.(age gap, in my day you skipped the preliminaries at your peril).

Thanks for your response and if you do have any similar commentaries on goblinboys' other games I would love to read them.

Best regards, [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
getinold
Pilot fish

Postby nate1981 » Wed, 11Aug24 20:59

First time posting here and I have a simple request if some could send me a link to download this other then through rapidshare please and thank you.
nate1981
Pilot fish

Postby Graen » Wed, 11Aug24 21:08

nate1981 wrote:First time posting here and I have a simple request if some could send me a link to download this other then through rapidshare please and thank you.
Meteor, along with Goblinboy's other works, as well as many more artists' games can be found at the http://aifcommunity.org.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby dafsa » Thu, 11Aug25 00:02

I'm having trouble even using the Interpreter for this game, let alone other games. Is there any step by step instructions on how exactly to use the TADS Interpreter to actually play games?
dafsa
sirens hunter

Postby Trucla » Thu, 11Aug25 00:33

dafsa wrote:I'm having trouble even using the Interpreter for this game, let alone other games. Is there any step by step instructions on how exactly to use the TADS Interpreter to actually play games?
Make a search here
Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 11Aug25 07:09

dafsa wrote:I'm having trouble even using the Interpreter for this game, let alone other games. Is there any step by step instructions on how exactly to use the TADS Interpreter to actually play games?

Just to clarify, the file you want is the Player Kit for Windows (assuming you're using Windows). Once it's installed, it should just be a matter of loading the HTML TADS interpreter and then using it to open the .gam file.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby dafsa » Fri, 11Aug26 00:38

ExLibris wrote:

Just to clarify, the file you want is the Player Kit for Windows (assuming you're using Windows). Once it's installed, it should just be a matter of loading the HTML TADS interpreter and then using it to open the .gam file.

Wait, .gam file? I thought Meteor was a .rar file.
dafsa
sirens hunter

Postby Graen » Fri, 11Aug26 01:09

dafsa wrote:Wait, .gam file? I thought Meteor was a .rar file.
RAR files are a type of compression file. You'll need to extract the data from them, to make use of their contents.

For RAR files specifically, you can use WinRAR.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games