Cheat engine

Here you can post hints or a complete walkthrough for any games. Please no requests for help or questions in this section.

Cheat engine

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 15Dec04 01:09

Now i do understand this is not a guide or walkthrough, but you are in this section so your not wanting to play "legit" anyway. But cheat engine can be used for different reason; Cheating, debugging, speeding for example rpg-maker games up and more.

Where to get http://www.cheatengine.org/ and its free. What it does? It helps you hack single player games, read help you still got to do alot yourself. When you first start it up (at least for me) a tutorial is launched for the basic needs. This tutorial can be launched as well under the help tab. And more in depth stuff is found on the Cheat Engine forums. Here i just type some basics

Step 1. Open both the game and Cheat Engine
step 2. Open process, its in the top left corner and looks like a computer icon. Next click the game in the process list. Usually its the same icon and name.
Step 3. Search for a value in game you want to change, usually the values which are shown are the easiest. Like health, money etc
Step 4. Under value on the right side of the window you are going to type the value (default settings for now exact value, 4 bytes) you want to change then click first scan (the lower the number the more results can show, 0 is a hard one to find) When the process is done on the left side all the values which you searched for are shown
Step 5. See the value change in game for example if you searched for 100 health take a hit and have 99 health
Step 6 Type the new value in the value field and hit next scan. If we are lucky you will only see 1 address on the left side numbering 99 in this case.
Step 7 Double click this address to drop it to the bottom bar so you can keep it, remember what it is (ctrl + enter makes you rename it, in our example name it hp)
step 8. click it, enter it, right click change value to anything for example 99999. If this was the correct address in game your hp just changed to 99999. Sometimes you need to do a action in game to make the change. Like stepping left or anything.

Now just repeat for different values

Extra tips.
* Most values are in the"4 bytes" value type, if you get no result change "4 bytes" to "all types" searching takes longer but you get more results like floating numbers, double numbers etc.
* Every stat in the Rags game engine is the "double" value type
* Most rpg-maker games are in the 4 bytes, but you need to multiply by 2 and add 1. Example for 100 health you need to search for 201. For a 0 like in the number of items yu hold you need to search for 1.
* you can enable speed hack, and cause most rpg-maker games are very slow on movement, i do it there mostly
* cheat engine is for single-player games, most multi-player games won't even launch when you have it enabled, some might even give you a instant ban. So make sure you don't have it on when launching a multi-player game.
* after double clicking and putting a value in your bottom bar, you can check mark it to keep that value forever Infinite hp anyone?. But see next tip
* be aware some games have floating addresses, a address can change and you have to search again =/. Be aware if you check marked a address.
* the CE forums are full of helpful tips and tricks, and even tables usually not for Aif games etc. But still they exist. They also have more advanced and expert guides for CE.
* under memory scan options you see start 0000000000000000 and stop 7fffffffffffffff. If you already found at least 2 other values, you see that the address are around the same range example 035A70FB and 035A10B0. If you change start to 0000000003500000 all address above 3500000 CE will skip, leaving a shorter list of results. Useful for hidden values which grow or decrease really slow. Example a relationship between 2 other characters which grows only by cooking them diner, but can only be done once a day.

Approved to post by LRM, if anyone has any problems PM here
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

sex: Masculine

Re: Cheat engine

Postby panther50 » Mon, 15Dec14 15:38

Not for finishing a game...but to know how this cheat engine works..I will surely try it at least once...thank you
[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
panther50
panther50
great white shark

Postby Hoboy » Sat, 15Dec26 02:33

As an aside, I generally don't cheat. But when I run into something that gets a "bit" frustrating I will use this to boost money. It allows for better equipment earlier in the game. Boosting levels too early often makes certain achievements impossible, but a little extra geld seems to allow for normal game progression a little easier...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby EvilChef » Sat, 15Dec26 12:16

Hoboy wrote:As an aside, I generally don't cheat. But when I run into something that gets a "bit" frustrating I will use this to boost money. It allows for better equipment earlier in the game. Boosting levels too early often makes certain achievements impossible, but a little extra geld seems to allow for normal game progression a little easier...

I'm not really sure it is possible to cheat in a single player game. After all, you play the game to be entertained... If the game is'nt entertaining beacuse it's too hard or to slow starting. Well a few changes to make it entertaining in my eyes has nothing to do with cheating really. Who are you cheating, Yourself? In multiplayer however i find it off limits.
EvilChef
sirens hunter

Postby Hoboy » Mon, 15Dec28 20:49

Agreed - it's mainly about when a game gets too "grindy". I get bored with having to fight so many fights to build up exp and money, so I bypass the fight for money part...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby bangkokdangerous » Tue, 16Apr19 04:57

When i scan the "cheat engine" with malwarebytes it picks up a suspicious program.

Specifically "pup.optional.open.candy"

This isn't malicious but you may not want it as it does collect some information.

Here's what they say about themselves:
http://opencandy.com/faqs/#opencandy-collect
"What kind of information does OpenCandy collect from users running OpenCandy-powered installers?
In order to measure the performance of the installer you are running or recently ran and to report grand total counts and revenues (aggregate statistics) to our partners, we collect, or aggregate, the following NON-personally identifiable information:

A. Operating system version and language, country location and timezone of the computer running the installer, and the language of the developer’s installer
B. That the developer’s installer was initiated, and whether it was completed or canceled
C. Whether any third-party recommendations were made and if so, whether they were accepted or declined
D. If a third-party recommendation was accepted, whether the recommended app’s installer has been downloaded and the installer initiated
E. That the recommended third-party installer was initiated, and whether it was completed or canceled."

Just wanted everyone to be informed. Cheers.
bangkokdangerous
sirens hunter

Postby Skelaturi » Tue, 16Apr19 05:29

you still have to agree on installing "open candy" and such, the same way as other programs i use that want to install a toolbar or a virus scanner for me. Just decline.
Doggy style (noun)
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Skelaturi

Postby jkast91 » Tue, 16May24 22:30

Trying to use this on Night Moves. Cant pin down money. I tried seaching but cant find it. Any help would be great. Or xp points
jkast91
great white shark

Postby muttdoggy » Wed, 16May25 01:27

I downloaded the cheat engine and then installed it. Then I copied the program files (x86)/Cheat Engine folder and pasted it in another location. After doing that, I uninstalled it and cleaned up the registry. The folder I pasted in another location still works. And there is no trace of open candy either.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby Mimailia » Wed, 16May25 12:49

jkast91 wrote:Trying to use this on Night Moves. Cant pin down money. I tried seaching but cant find it. Any help would be great. Or xp points

Open your save with wordpad and change it.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Sun, 16Sep25 14:59

Rpg maker games are easily broken with ArtMoney. (Every respectful gamer must have ArtMoney, right? :D) Just use this formula:
(QuantityX2)+1
Example: If we need 12, than we search in ArtMoney for 25, Hope this'll help somebody :)
It's much more convinient than Cheat Engine
ShadowPortalTeam
great white shark

Postby Skelaturi » Sun, 16Sep25 15:46

ShadowPortalTeam wrote:Rpg maker games are easily broken with ArtMoney. (Every respectful gamer must have ArtMoney, right? :D) Just use this formula:
(QuantityX2)+1
Example: If we need 12, than we search in ArtMoney for 25, Hope this'll help somebody :)

same formula as in cheat engine.
Doggy style (noun)
---

--
Skelaturi

Postby Skelaturi » Sun, 16Sep25 15:46

ShadowPortalTeam wrote:Rpg maker games are easily broken with ArtMoney. (Every respectful gamer must have ArtMoney, right? :D) Just use this formula:
(QuantityX2)+1

Doggy style (noun)
---

--
Skelaturi

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Thu, 16Sep29 16:37

Skelaturi wrote:
(QuantityX2)+1

Yes, I know, but It seems to me that cheat enginer is much more complex than ArtMoney, but probably the reason is that ArtMoney. Though, maybe the cause is early appearance of ArtMoney (Did it appear earlier?) and i just started to use it
ShadowPortalTeam
great white shark

Postby Trucla » Thu, 16Sep29 21:19

Hi!
For RPG Games I would advise you to check http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28936
Froggus developed two nice scripts that allow you to make the same things that you do with the two referred engines in a much easier way, and also change the state of switches and variables. The scripts are free the only con is that you must register in the forum for being able to download them.
Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Next

Return to Hints and walkthroughs