Images by Chaotic

You found a 3d sexy girl on the net… Maybe you created one yourself … Or then you have an idea for a new pictures series… Be nice, make take advantage off it everybody…

Images by Chaotic

Postby Chaotic_VDG » Mon, 16Jul11 13:09

My name is Chaotic, and I make games. If you don't know my work, you can find my website here : http://www.vdategames.com/index.html

I thought it might be nice to start a thread here where I can periodically post random images I've made.

I've set aside today for reading/watching tutorials and catching up on some 3d art technology that I've missed.

The blog on my site is dedicated to a guest artist right now, so rather than draw attention away from him, I'll just post here for a change.

First of all, I upgraded daz studio from 4.6 to 4.9 Pro. This means I finally have access to the infamous IRAY render I keep hearing about. I also built a character using Genesis 2. I've had the base figure for a while now, but never really used it.

I'm using a gtx980Ti graphics card with an i7 processor.

I'm still not convinced the Genesis is a massive upgrade from the V4, but I can still see the appeal.

I also made two more images to see what my regular characters look like with IRAY.

I like! Crystal (brunette) in particular looks very hot to me there. She took about 10 minutes to render, whereas Lisette (redhead) took about 30.

EDIT :

One more image of Crystal.

And one more of April and Violet enjoying each other in a dirty back alley somewhere.

Chaotic_VDG
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: Images by Chaotic

Postby MalleckM » Mon, 16Jul11 17:20

It is time probably to switch for G2. V4 is old. And the skin is not even elite. It does look cool but old.
MalleckM
great white shark

Postby muttdoggy » Mon, 16Jul11 23:10

I've tried my hand at doing poses and working with Daz3d with both V4 and G2 models under standard lighting since my card is an older gt630. I'm waiting to improve my graphics card before trying more modeling with Daz3d. However, I'm seriously considering sticking with the V4 because I can package the model and send it to someone using a Poser with IRay or 3Dlight and they can vastly improve the model.
The G2 does have better skeleton and does better morphing but the V4 actually has better clothing and skins. It's also cheaper to use V4 as well since Daz3d is charging lots of money for G2 and up. And the G2 and newer models really aren't cross platform friendly and if you need plugins, you have to pay for it. I've also noticed that in skilled hands, the V4 model actually looks better than a G2 model with the IRay lighting.
So it's more of a case of "what do I want to do with the model?" question. If posing, morphing, and animation are your main concerns, then you should go with G2+ BUT you need deep pockets and you are limited in what software you can use. If skin texture, clothing, and multi-platform use that's easy on your wallet is your main concern, then you'd need to stick with V4. That's just my 2 cents. So you know where I'm coming from and why I'd choose V4 and that's also why I understand why the movement from Victoria to Genesis models seems slow. But that's because of a mistake made by the developers of Daz3D. Come up with something that is easily understood and translates! I shouldn't have to keep beating this drum, NO SHORTCUTS! They should have continued with cross-platform compatibility and kept their costs down. That would have helped with the creation of more skins and clothing for the Genesis models. I honestly think Daz made a mistake thinking about their pocketbook. :??:
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Tue, 16Jul12 15:46

muttdoggy wrote:I've tried my hand at doing poses and working with Daz3d with both V4 and G2 models under standard lighting since my card is an older gt630. I'm waiting to improve my graphics card before trying more modeling with Daz3d. However, I'm seriously considering sticking with the V4 because I can package the model and send it to someone using a Poser with IRay or 3Dlight and they can vastly improve the model.
The G2 does have better skeleton and does better morphing but the V4 actually has better clothing and skins. It's also cheaper to use V4 as well since Daz3d is charging lots of money for G2 and up. And the G2 and newer models really aren't cross platform friendly and if you need plugins, you have to pay for it. I've also noticed that in skilled hands, the V4 model actually looks better than a G2 model with the IRay lighting.
So it's more of a case of "what do I want to do with the model?" question. If posing, morphing, and animation are your main concerns, then you should go with G2+ BUT you need deep pockets and you are limited in what software you can use. If skin texture, clothing, and multi-platform use that's easy on your wallet is your main concern, then you'd need to stick with V4. That's just my 2 cents. So you know where I'm coming from and why I'd choose V4 and that's also why I understand why the movement from Victoria to Genesis models seems slow. They should have continued with cross-platform compatibility and kept their costs down. That would have helped with the creation of more skins and clothing for the Genesis models. I honestly think Daz made a mistake thinking about their pocketbook

I second all that you aid! Bravo!

Are you considering using IRay or 3DLight for your renders? Because if you choose the later improving your graphic card (GPU) won't change a thing. 3Dlight uses CPU and RAM exclusively and ignores your GPU.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby muttdoggy » Wed, 16Jul13 01:44

Mortze wrote:
muttdoggy wrote:I've tried my hand at doing poses and working with Daz3d with both V4 and G2 models under standard lighting since my card is an older gt630. I'm waiting to improve my graphics card before trying more modeling with Daz3d. However, I'm seriously considering sticking with the V4 because I can package the model and send it to someone using a Poser with IRay or 3Dlight and they can vastly improve the model.
So it's more of a case of "what do I want to do with the model?" question. If posing, morphing, and animation are your main concerns, then you should go with G2+ BUT you need deep pockets and you are limited in what software you can use. If skin texture, clothing, and multi-platform use that's easy on your wallet is your main concern, then you'd need to stick with V4. That's just my 2 cents. So you know where I'm coming from and why I'd choose V4 and that's also why I understand why the movement from Victoria to Genesis models seems slow. They should have continued with cross-platform compatibility and kept their costs down. That would have helped with the creation of more skins and clothing for the Genesis models. I honestly think Daz made a mistake thinking about their pocketbook

I second all that you aid! Bravo!

Are you considering using IRay or 3DLight for your renders? Because if you choose the later improving your graphic card (GPU) won't change a thing. 3Dlight uses CPU and RAM exclusively and ignores your GPU.

Yes I want to use those. Even though most of my computer is less than a year old, the used or older parts on my computer besides a big case are the cpu and and the gt630. CPU is an Athlon X2 II 255 and I need to upgrade that first so I don't have loooong render times.
So I'm going to get that done within a few months. How soon depends on how quick I can get preventative maintenance done on girlfriend's Impala.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby Chaotic_VDG » Wed, 16Jul13 13:13

And here's my first render with a Genesis 3.

Personally, I think the Genesis 2 character looks much better.
Chaotic_VDG
great white shark

Postby Blue » Wed, 16Jul13 13:19

Half an hour? This is a very good result.
I have one scene goes on easier hour or even more.
In this resolution, I put not such as you. You are lucky)

Sincerely, Blue
Blue
sirens hunter

Postby Chaotic_VDG » Thu, 16Aug11 12:59

A section of hot ladies from my next game.

The two closer characters are both Genesis 3, the one further back is Genesis 2. Rendered with IRAY.
Chaotic_VDG
great white shark

Postby fsunolez75 » Thu, 16Aug11 15:32

Very nice. I like the lady with the light brown hair there on the right the most.
fsunolez75
sirens hunter

Postby jvit » Thu, 16Aug11 23:27

fsunolez75 wrote:Very nice. I like the lady with the light brown hair there on the right the most.

Me too, nice work [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
I post some of my renders here: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3589&start=30
jvit
lagoon predator

Postby Asdref » Sun, 16Aug14 11:14

Chaotic_VDG wrote:I'm using a gtx980Ti graphics card with an i7 processor.

She took about 10 minutes to render, whereas Lisette (redhead) took about 30.

Oh my god. I was looking for upgrade my PC with one GTX980Ti and i7 in order to make my game only with Iray render, but it seems this configuration is not enough.

May I ask you the settings you tested?
The most important to gain quickly time render is to decrease "Max samples" (you can find it under Progressive Render in the Render Settings dialog box). In the example below I used 700 passes. But there is only one character, without scene.

An other way to gain time render is to use the Interactive mode of Iray instead of Photoreal. However the render is not always good.

All this seems strengthen my conclusion : in order to work in good conditions with Iray we need 2x GTX980Ti. In other words a PC at 2000$.
Asdref
sirens hunter

Postby Issho » Sun, 16Aug14 13:13

Asdref wrote:All this seems strengthen my conclusion : in order to work in good conditions with Iray we need 2x GTX980Ti. In other words a PC at 2000$.

just a quick note on that. Nvidia has released their new graphic cards, so the GTX980Ti is now an older one. I would suggest for you, to look on the newer ones:
1. GTX 1080 (the most expensive one, about 670€) with 8,0 GB GDDR5X
2. GTX 1070 (mid class, about 450€) with 8,0GB GDDR5
3. GTX 1060 (beginner class, about 280€) with 6,0GB GDDR5

4. GTX 980Ti with 6,0GB 480€, too expensive right now in comparison to the others..outdated
5. GTX 980 with 4,0GB, without of question too slow for Iray and outdated
6. GTX 970 with 3,5GB + 500MB, without of question too slow for Iray and outdated

I would wait for some months, until the prices are going to decrease. It´s always too expensive at first.
Issho
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Sun, 16Aug14 19:18

Issho wrote:just a quick note on that. Nvidia has released their new graphic cards, so the GTX980Ti is now an older one. I would suggest for you, to look on the newer ones:
1. GTX 1080 (the most expensive one, about 670€) with 8,0 GB GDDR5X
2. GTX 1070 (mid class, about 450€) with 8,0GB GDDR5
3. GTX 1060 (beginner class, about 280€) with 6,0GB GDDR5

Just a note.
Those gen 10 NVIDIA processors don't work with the current version (and those before) of DAZ3D Studio. It uses some sort of architecture that the software doesn't recognize or something like that. We'll have to wait for DAZ upgrades to the new generation CPUs to think about acquiring those ones.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby muttdoggy » Sun, 16Aug14 22:41

You ever heard of the game called Superpowered by Baal7734? He recently switched from using photos in RAGS to 3D images in Ren'Py. Back in May, he bought and installed a GTX 1080 so he could run IRAY and drastically reduce rendering time. He still cannot run IRAY and recently Nvidia sent out a press release saying they are still working on an IRAY plugin for all the Pascal cards. So don't buy one if you're planning on getting started with IRAY until they release the plugins. Let me reiterate.. don't waste your money on it unless you're just playing games on it. Wait until its supported or you could buy a GTX 980 or GTX 780, or you if have the money, a GTX Titan.
So in essence, wait on any Pacal architecture cards until it's supported by IRAY or get the Maxwell architecture cards as they still do a wonderful job. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby TheBrain » Sun, 16Aug14 23:27

Issho wrote:4. GTX 980Ti with 6,0GB 480€, too expensive right now in comparison to the others..outdated
5. GTX 980 with 4,0GB, without of question too slow for Iray and outdated
6. GTX 970 with 3,5GB + 500MB, without of question too slow for Iray and outdated

I quite disagree with your assessment here. I'm doing Iray renders on a GTX 960 with 4GB RAM and I don't have much issues with it. It's all about how you approach the rendering process. You should not make production quality renders every time you change something in your scene. You can select the interactive Iray renderer in the viewport pane to get quick impressions of your scene within 10 seconds or so. The images will still be low resolution and noisy, but will tell you enough about the lighting and textures to judge if your scene is fit to create a high quality render of. Only then you do a high resolution render with the normal rendering interface, which make take 30 minutes or more, depending on your GPU. You can select GPU only rendering to not make this lock up your PC, meanwhile you can do something else (except for graphics intensive gaming, of course).
TheBrain
star of the reef

Next

Return to Sexy girls