has anyone upgraded from reality 2.5 to 4?

You found a 3d sexy girl on the net… Maybe you created one yourself … Or then you have an idea for a new pictures series… Be nice, make take advantage off it everybody…

Re: has anyone upgraded from reality 2.5 to 4?

Postby lamont Sanford » Sun, 15May10 03:37

I saw the announcement that the next update of reality is going to have a significant speed increase. Thank god.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby JIMMYJOHN » Sun, 15May10 09:49

Let me get that clear: in order to use LUX/REALITY, you have to start with DAZ of POSER, use they chraracters and other items before using the L/R render engine, right?
JIMMYJOHN
lagoon predator

Postby JIMMYJOHN » Sun, 15May10 09:50

lamont Sanford wrote:I saw the announcement that the next update of reality is going to have a significant speed increase. Thank god.

Please, let us know when it's available, really looking forward to give it a try.
JIMMYJOHN
lagoon predator

Postby Ehlanna » Sun, 15May10 17:50

lamont Sanford wrote:I saw the announcement that the next update of reality is going to have a significant speed increase. Thank god.

Yes, but you need to have a (fairly) recent Intel processor that has the instruction set used - from memory it is the EAV functionality you need. Intel have a utility that lets you check that your CPU is/has

JIMMYJOHN wrote:Let me get that clear: in order to use LUX/REALITY, you have to start with DAZ of POSER, use they chraracters and other items before using the L/R render engine, right?

LuxRender is 'just' a render engine, just like Firefly for Poser and 3Delight for Daz Studio, and needs to be told what to do. With Firefly and 3Delight that part of the process is 'hidden' by the program and happens automagically. To get to an external render engine (such as LuxRender or Octane) you need a 'bridge'. For Daz Studio that can be either Reality or Luxus.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby JIMMYJOHN » Sun, 15May10 18:33

Not much knowledge about hardware.
I own an over 3 y.o. built to order CLEVO that is equiped with and intel i7 960 quad core with 8Go of RAM

Hopefully, I'll soon get the WIDEA S7 top specs (Intel Xeon 12 cores, 32 Go ram [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Just need couple of thousand quids more to make this dream become reality... :sarcastic:
JIMMYJOHN
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Mon, 15May11 02:12

Ooh, that WIDEA S7 sounds brilliant from what I've been able to find out from the French site aiming to sell them! My Dell XPS17 may have a lot of nominal power with its quad core i7 CPU and 16GB of RAM but unlike the WIDEA many of its components are definitely not Linux Certified and are suboptimal for the OS I prefer. The WiFi implementation has been rubbish from the start and also, after three years or so, the keyboard is beginning to fail and the hinges have seized -- something that happens all too frequently on this model and that Dell has always maintained is due to customer abuse, even on brand new machines! I haven't been able to close it for over a year now.

An attempt to try specifying a WIDEA S7 ran into a "non availability" message, and I'm not sure how easy it will be to get one shipped to the UK, but my beady little eyes are now glittering with greed and lust!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby JIMMYJOHN » Mon, 15May11 12:58

Yeah, CLEVO are sturdy beasts, it's a but like comparing a Bentley to a Fiat Panda.
Mine is 3 years old and still looks new (but for the pad that shows weariness).
I actually bought it in the UK from a company called KOBALT that unfortunately is now out of business.

I don't know what really is happening with the Widea S7 as it's been in and out of stock for over a year now. Maybe it's so popular they can't build enough to supply the demand?
More seriously, i think they have problems fitting the most powerful Intel Xeon CPU in it, must cause heating problem or sumthin.
I asked what the problem was at Keynux (Clevo France) but got no answer...
JIMMYJOHN
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Tue, 15May12 14:59

My son had a 15" Clevo built to spec something like 10+ years ago that was pretty potent at the time, but the company that sold him that closed down a year or two later. He installed Linux from scratch and reported the ins and outs on line at a site for such things at the time. I think he took it with him as a fresher at Aberystwyth University and it served him well until the case in the region of the hinges started cracking. He's had a Dell Inspiron since which still works and the most recent were a Lenovo 12.5" X220t with a 2.7GHz i7 for his work and a Scan 15” 3XS Graphite LG1510-N780 with a high end i7 for games playing and the like -- either of them would probably make light work of graphics renders. He makes me quite jealous sometimes!

Btw, I think the big Xeon gives out about 130W full tilt, so it's not surprising if there's a bit of a thermal management problem!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby JIMMYJOHN » Wed, 15May13 19:12

Wow! Isn't your son a bit of a spoilt child? ;)

It looks like you're right: the available CLEVO most similar to the WIDEA S7 looks to be the Ymax 8MA
Quite similar specs, just a slight less powerful CPU.
JIMMYJOHN
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Wed, 15May13 23:11

JIMMYJOHN wrote:Wow! Isn't your son a bit of a spoilt child? ;)

Well he does have a PhD in Robotics and a well paying job with Canonical in addition to being a major computing geek -- I don't pay for his toys! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby JIMMYJOHN » Thu, 15May14 05:44

Fair enough...I retire what i said in my previous message ;)
JIMMYJOHN
lagoon predator

Postby Mimailia » Thu, 15May14 10:20

Greebo wrote:I don't pay for his toys! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

I bet you do, indirectly (or, at least did).

Greebo wrote:Well he does have a PhD in Robotics

A kid usually doesn't get "there", in life, without someone sacrificing plenty to show him the "proper" path.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Previous

Return to Sexy girls