Artwork By Arnii

You found a 3d sexy girl on the net… Maybe you created one yourself … Or then you have an idea for a new pictures series… Be nice, make take advantage off it everybody…

Re: Artwork By Arnii

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 17Jun09 23:09

palmer_aif wrote:PinkVendetta: Some really nice stuff there. I like that you combine the various software tools available to do your images. One slight suggestion I have is related to how you handle iRay and it's global illumination property (from here on just GI). For instance, in the photo where you have the people in the room with the blinds, perhaps only use the sun as the light coming through the blinds. Then add particles of dust in the air in Photoshop (really easy once you find a good brush), and setup spotlights or other sources of lightning if the room is too dark.

For your classroom image (the first one), GI is definitely being used correctly here. However, sometimes the GI lightning can be TOO realistic (if you get what I'm saying), since I feel the figures are slightly too dark. Here I would suggest adding a primitive sphere, use the emission shader (1m should do it) with a temperature of about 5-6k and place it in front of the girls. If it's in the way of the camera, simply reduce it's opacity to 0.0001 and you wont see the actual sphere but will still get the actual light.

Just some suggestions :)

Great work!

Excellent advice Thank you.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
star of the reef

sex: Female

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 17Jun10 12:48

Lucy First Gig
Lucy Getting Her Groove On
Paulie and Lucy Backstage
I Am Yours Forever

Work Flow:
Daz3D
Photoshop
Gen 2 & Gen 3
After Effects 3D
IRay

Hannah
PinkVendeta
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 17Jun11 02:38

If you want to include many lit can lights in your stage scene but don't want their light to actually illuminate the stage then can I suggest you use dark 'gels' on them, which is one of the ways a dark lit stage is achieved in real-life, or at less turn the ones that are lit down. (the other main way is not turning so many lights on in the first place. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img])

Your first image has at least 8 cans light on full (based on the whiteness of the light) and there is no way that many lit un-gelled lights would result in such a dark stage, as you could easily fully lit that stage area with just 3-4 of them on full.
Greyelf
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 17Jun11 08:13

Thanks for the comment.

How about the rest of the actual artwork, how did that look.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 17Jun11 23:48

PinkVendeta wrote:How about the rest of the actual artwork, how did that look.

Please don't take any of the following as criticism, it's just that I have a finely turned 3D spacial awareness in real-life due to being a dance teacher in my spare time for many years.

Pic1:
The layout of the band is well proportioned including the poor guitarist to our far right, allowing for the fact you wanted to be able to see him with the shoulder sitter in the way. The positioning of the shoulder sitter in relation to her supporting guy seem a little to far back and combining that with her knees being higher that her hips would result in the majority of her weight behind the guys centre point. I would suggest moving her forward and her knees down so they are more level with his shoulders which in turn would cause her to straighten her back a little.

Pic 2: (excluding the previously mention balance between the number of cans and their light spill)
I like this picture a lot, especially the focus blur, the way the orange haired girl is lit from the front, the way you can see the purple haired girl's face peeping out, and the way orange haired girl is (realistically) balanced over her right knee as she does that dance movement.

Pic 3:
I also like this picture and she clearing likes what she sees as well. *smile* There is a strange speckle effect behind and to the (our) left of her head, but I don't know if that's in the original render or part of the compression/uploading process.

Pic 4:
Another nice arrangement, although the focal point of his eyes seems a little high on her face to be looking into her eyes, as you can see some white below his iris which would imply he's looking slightly up.
If you are going for the eye to eye look then I would suggest very slightly raising his chin so that the line between his fore-head and chin is more perpendicular to her's, and then lowing his eyes to target her eyes.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 17Jun12 13:56

Thanks for the constructive comments with praise, always helpful and welcome.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 17Jun12 15:29

Lunch In Bed
Ask Him Lucy
Hannah and Lucy Threesome
Twice The Fun

Work Flow:
Daz3D
Photoshop
Gen 2 & Gen 3
After Effects 3D
IRay

Hannah
PinkVendeta
star of the reef

Postby palmer_aif » Tue, 17Jun20 16:31

PinkVendeta wrote:
Lunch In Bed
Ask Him Lucy
Hannah and Lucy Threesome
Twice The Fun

Work Flow:
Daz3D
Photoshop
Gen 2 & Gen 3
After Effects 3D
IRay

Very grainy images. I don't know how many render cycles you use but that could be the issue. You could also try and experiment with the camera. Perhaps increasing the render ISO. Basically, this is an issue of insufficient lightning. Also, the characters look out of focus, this could be related to the aforementioned issue but it's probably just a local camera setting (e.g. not render setting.) Make sure your camera (e.g. via the perspective view) is focused directly at the the target you want. Be careful with DOF :)

Let me give you an example what I mean by the lightning and focus: This is what we're currently working on for our next game (still perfecting the shadows and no postwork done): (Open in new window)

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Palmer
Last edited by palmer_aif on Thu, 17Jun22 07:50, edited 1 time in total.
palmer_aif
lagoon predator

Postby LostTrout » Thu, 17Jun22 06:44

@Palmer

Those pictures look great. Have you considered using VirtualWorldDynamics on the hair? It's a little expensive, it takes forever to learn, and it takes a long time to use it, but you can use it to make the hair hang more naturally when she leans her head to the side. I found it so time-consuming that I've only used it for some pictures where a woman flips up her skirt or a man slides a hand up a woman's dress. But when it works, it produces results that can't really be produced any other way.
LostTrout
sirens hunter

Postby palmer_aif » Fri, 17Jun23 06:22

LostTrout wrote:@Palmer

Those pictures look great. Have you considered using VirtualWorldDynamics on the hair? It's a little expensive, it takes forever to learn, and it takes a long time to use it, but you can use it to make the hair hang more naturally when she leans her head to the side. I found it so time-consuming that I've only used it for some pictures where a woman flips up her skirt or a man slides a hand up a woman's dress. But when it works, it produces results that can't really be produced any other way.

I don't think that's compatible with DAZ, right?
palmer_aif
lagoon predator

Postby LostTrout » Fri, 17Jun23 06:45

There's a separate DAZ plugin that can bridge DAZ with the VirtualWorldDynamics program. It's very clunky but it works. The whole program is clearly held together by duct tape and it teeters on the edge of falling apart at any moment. The main programmer is a French guy who tries his best but his mind seems to work differently than everyone else. If the program wasn't so amazingly powerful, it would be a complete failure. When you start grabbing parts of clothing and moving it around so that it sits better, you'll wonder why all 3d programs don't work like that (there are some rumors about future versions of DAZ though).
LostTrout
sirens hunter

Previous

Return to Sexy girls