Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E06 (2016-09-02)

Postby saylor » Tue, 17Aug01 05:22

nezumi69 wrote:Yes, Candy. That's her. She seemed to me like she'd be really wild. One of those relationships that is fun and exciting until it reaches a certain point, then it becomes "This chick is insane! How the fuck do I get out of this???" :lol:

This describes every girlfriend I've had for the past 20 years. :lol: :crazy:
saylor
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Greyelf » Wed, 17Aug02 00:27

saylor wrote:This describes every girlfriend I've had for the past 20 years. :lol: :crazy:

And the only thing common to all those relationships over all that time is you.
[img]images/icones/icon8.gif[/img] Mmmm, I think I see a pattern here. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby dane21 » Tue, 17Aug15 00:54

JFR wrote:E7 is in beta right now and due very soon.

the release of E7 in the next few weeks.

Any new updates on a timeline?
dane21
sirens hunter

Postby JFR » Tue, 17Aug15 01:05

dane21 wrote:... Any new updates on a timeline?

Nothing definite. They are scrambling, trying to get it by the end of the month but a loss of some key artistic personnel has made it difficult. I don't know if they will make it by then but they are trying. It might have to slip into September but we are hoping not.

When I have something definite, I'll post here right away.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby darkefire » Tue, 17Aug15 01:32

This game is like the "Star Citizen" of AIF.
darkefire
Pilot fish

Postby lucaskent123456 » Tue, 17Aug15 16:58

I really feel bad for you guys. All the effort, being so close and now this happens. It seems like this episode is cursed.
lucaskent123456
Pilot fish

Postby JFR » Tue, 17Aug15 19:17

lucaskent123456 wrote:... It seems like this episode is cursed.

Thank you for the understanding. Your word - "cursed" - is exactly what a certain game creator (*cough* Wolfschadowe *cough*) has been using in occasional internal conversations. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] Some of the rest of us are more partial to something along the lines of "overly ambitious" but I wouldn't want to be quoted on that.

The "inclusion" of additional, previously unplanned, romantic partners has been more complicated and tedious than anyone anticipated. And, to make matters even more frustrating, the bulk of the extra work will be "under the hood," in the programming, so not really visible to players. What you will see will hopefully be completely seamless and make many fans happy to be able to woo some previously unavailable but very popular characters.

This will be the largest release yet, with more new images and story twists than previous episodes. I know that I, as a player, have been having second thoughts as to "favorite girls" as I find the new story lines in the beta. Wolfscadowe has no plans to make this easy on us. The story just gets deeper, more convoluted and more engaging as we go along. He said at the beginning that the story is just as important as the eroticism in this project, maybe more important. As Brad proceeds through Wednesday night, Thursday and on toward the weekend, the ride just might get a bit bumpy. Buckle up!
JFR
star of the reef

Postby JFR » Tue, 17Aug15 20:22

darkefire wrote:This game is like the "Star Citizen" of AIF.

I don't know if that is more a dig at the Roberts brothers or Wolf. ;)

I was a huge fan of WC and the Privateer games. In this case, though, we have actually released chapters of our game to the public. I don't want to speculate who will actually finish their game first. I admit to waiting impatiently for Squadron 42. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Tao Dude » Tue, 17Aug15 22:54

JFR wrote:This will be the largest release yet, with more new images and story twists than previous episodes. I know that I, as a player, have been having second thoughts as to "favorite girls" as I find the new story lines in the beta. Wolfscadowe has no plans to make this easy on us. The story just gets deeper, more convoluted and more engaging as we go along. He said at the beginning that the story is just as important as the eroticism in this project, maybe more important. As Brad proceeds through Wednesday night, Thursday and on toward the weekend, the ride just might get a bit bumpy. Buckle up!

The more I get involved with this, it's pretty obvious that Wolf sees this game almost as a vocation.

The back story is up there with the universes that Tlaero and Mortze are creating: like them, the eroticism just adds that extra level of interest.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Wed, 17Aug16 00:06

Tao Dude wrote:... The more I get involved with this, it's pretty obvious that Wolf sees this game almost as a vocation.

I think I'd use the word "avocation" but otherwise agree with your post.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Tao Dude » Wed, 17Aug16 17:18

JFR wrote:
Tao Dude wrote:... The more I get involved with this, it's pretty obvious that Wolf sees this game almost as a vocation.

I think I'd use the word "avocation" but otherwise agree with your post.

I had to look up 'avocation', but from the Oxford English Dictionary definitions, I prefer to stick with my choice of word. The OED describes avocation as 'a minor occupation', and to my mind at least Wolf thinks it's more important than that.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Wed, 17Aug16 18:05

Tao Dude wrote:... I had to look up 'avocation', but from the Oxford English Dictionary definitions, I prefer to stick with my choice of word. The OED describes avocation as 'a minor occupation', and to my mind at least Wolf thinks it's more important than that.

I think we are just tripping over semantics here. Avocation is generally meant to describe a major hobby or side occupation outside ones true career or vocation. Wolf doesn't make his living off of BEW.

Either way, it is true that this project has taken on a life of its own and pretty much consumes a major part of his life and attention. Rather an even larger portion than usual during these last few crunch weeks trying to get the "episode from hell" out the door. :lol:
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Tao Dude » Wed, 17Aug16 22:36

JFR wrote:I think we are just tripping over semantics here.

The eternal problem with/beauty of the English language: it's all about subtleties of semantics, and the meanings of words change over time as people use them out of their original context. I meant vocation in the sense that the money is immaterial, so we are pretty much in violent agreement :).

Fifteen or even ten years ago, I would have defended [late '70s] British English against all comers, particularly 21st-century American idiom, but working with people for whom English is not their first language in that intervening period, I have put that particular hobby-horse out to grass. It's all very well being erudite, but if people don't understand what you mean, you are wasting your breath or ink and everyone's time.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby saylor » Thu, 17Aug17 04:42

Tao Dude wrote:
JFR wrote:I think we are just tripping over semantics here.

The eternal problem with/beauty of the English language: it's all about subtleties of semantics, and the meanings of words change over time as people use them out of their original context. I meant vocation in the sense that the money is immaterial, so we are pretty much in violent agreement :).

Fifteen or even ten years ago, I would have defended [late '70s] British English against all comers, particularly 21st-century American idiom, but working with people for whom English is not their first language in that intervening period, I have put that particular hobby-horse out to grass. It's all very well being erudite, but if people don't understand what you mean, you are wasting your breath or ink and everyone's time.

I subscribe to an old saying...."United States and United Kingdom....divided by a common language."

After all, if you say "put the boot in the trunk", you're American. If you say "put the trunk in the boot", you're a Brit.
saylor
great white shark

Postby Tao Dude » Thu, 17Aug17 16:59

saylor wrote:I subscribe to an old saying...."United States and United Kingdom....divided by a common language."

Normally attributed to the wit of Winston Churchill, but there might be other claimants.

saylor wrote:After all, if you say "put the boot in the trunk", you're American. If you say "put the trunk in the boot", you're a Brit.

...and bonnet and hood are two words that mean exactly the same thing on a car and on a person. I think a bonnet is more likely to be pretty, but then I am biased :).
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games