Translating RfJ

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Translating RfJ

Postby tlaero » Thu, 16Feb11 04:30

Weird, can you tell me more about the message and what happens when it comes up? I thought it was one thing, but if it's happening when you leave GV open, then it's not what I thought.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby john milton » Thu, 16Feb11 09:06

Of course, i'm just a little bit in a hurry at the moment.
If i get to find a minute i'll write what happens, in details.

John
john milton
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Marco6661 » Sat, 16Feb13 11:20

Bonjour à Tous,

I am happy to give some help for try to translate RfJ in French. ;)

I don't know where other people here has do, but I have try to use AC and I can tell that I am at some millions miles to understand correctly how to use it just for write translate text. I have never work with tools like that, in other words, I am not a coder... :crazy: [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img] (Take a look on my avatar...)

Usually, I use text editor and I give to the game's creator some pages with all texts (bonjour Serge! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] )

Again, I can begin French version but I'm almost on that I can't understand how to use AC tool.

Best regards, Marco. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby Nalogan » Sat, 16Feb13 15:23

Hi Tlaero.
I'm working on RfJ Translation to German since yesterday with AC 7.4. It works fine for me and makes a lot fun [img]kator/smiley099.gif[/img] , 40% are done now. I think in a few days i'm finished. After it is done i'm want go on DwE Translation [img]kator/smiley273.gif[/img] .
Do i have this right? You need a public Translated Version or is AC "only" a Bonus for us [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img] . I'm asking because i'm working actually on two Version's one in my own style [img]smile/sifflotte.gif[/img] and one for public view which is close with the Original [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] . But two is one too mutch for now :crazy: so i have to lose one :lol: .
Greetings Nalogan
Sorry for my English [img]kator/smiley89.gif[/img] i know it's bad
Nalogan
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Feb14 04:18

I'd really like for the pages to be created in AC, not a word document. Marco, the tool is intended for non-programmers. Can you try the instructions listed here:
posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=3684#pr93975 and tell me where you get stuck? We'll walk you through the steps. In the end, you'll have a window with the English text and a box to type in the French text.

Nalogan,
Sorry, but I'm not fully understanding you. I'm looking for a public version that I can add to the official RfJ download and have people who play in German (and other languages) use. I'd like it to be as similar to the original as possible, (though in the other language, of course).

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Marco6661 » Sun, 16Feb14 09:19

tlaero wrote:I'd really like for the pages to be created in AC, not a word document. Marco, the tool is intended for non-programmers. Can you try the instructions listed here:
posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=3684#pr93975 and tell me where you get stuck? We'll walk you through the steps. In the end, you'll have a window with the English text and a box to type in the French text.

Don't worry! I have try again, understand how to use it and like you said, very easy... [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
I have some problems with the "You" because in French, it's "Vous" (polite, respectful) and "Tu" (friendly, sometime aggressive)... :crazy:
I need to realise a first shot, read and play the game and give it to French tester, if you agree with that, just in case... [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
But we have time, it's not for tomorrow... [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

Marco
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby Mortze » Mon, 16Feb15 03:09

Marco6661 wrote:I need to realise a first shot, read and play the game and give it to French tester, if you agree with that, just in case...

I could do the french test :)
Yeah, the "You" translated into french is tricky.
It should be logical to MArc greet and treat Jessika in a polite way using "Vous" and only use the unformal form after she said it was ok. But in the game she never says that because in english there is no need.
So, the best should be Marc to be a little unpolite and use the unformal "Tu" the first time he speaks with anyone. Or simply find the better way to make him change from the polite wayto the unformal way. I'd say sometime during the drunk chat at the bar.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Marco6661 » Mon, 16Feb15 08:29

Mortze wrote:
Marco6661 wrote:I need to realise a first shot, read and play the game and give it to French tester, if you agree with that, just in case...

I could do the french test :)

It's an honnor for me... [img]kator/smiley136.gif[/img]
Mortze wrote:Yeah, the "You" translated into french is tricky.
It should be logical to MArc greet and treat Jessika in a polite way using "Vous" and only use the unformal form after she said it was ok. But in the game she never says that because in english there is no need.

I have the same feeling.

Mortze wrote:So, the best should be Marc to be a little unpolite and use the unformal "Tu" the first time he speaks with anyone.

Sorry but I don't agree with that.
French education learn you to be always respectful when you don't know people (When you have receive one ....)

Mortze wrote: Or simply find the better way to make him change from the polite wayto the unformal way. I'd say sometime during the drunk chat at the bar.

I think Marc is a clerk, he knows how speak correctly to people and by nature, he understands what kind of language is necessary with each girl and boy, sometime respectful or distant, sometime more straight.
I have translate currently around 200 htm pages (in order, I finish today the bonus).
I feel better the second way, Marc always polite and respectful but smart enough for change his manners when he knows better the personage.
I hope to give you all the file maybe in one week, I need to sleep a little bit more and go to work (life is not always easy...) [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Marco
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby kexter » Mon, 16Feb15 10:11

Marco6661 wrote:I have some problems with the "You" because in French, it's "Vous" (polite, respectful) and "Tu" (friendly, sometime aggressive)...
If I could toss in my two cents, I'd say Marc should use "Vous" initially, and since Jess is drunk during their first meaningful encounter she could quickly start to use "Tu" (maybe starting with the immune-reveal to further emphasize the switch in tone on her part). After that Marc could follow suit.
@kextercius
kexter

Postby luke » Mon, 16Feb15 14:23

Marco6661 wrote:I have translate currently around 200 htm pages (in order, I finish today the bonus).
I feel better the second way, Marc always polite and respectful but smart enough for change his manners when he knows better the personage.
I hope to give you all the file maybe in one week, I need to sleep a little bit more and go to work (life is not always easy...) [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Marco

Salut Marco,

Déjà 200 pages traduites [img]smile/eek.gif[/img] !!! Dis-donc, tu carbures.
Je suis en contact avec paquito pour qu'on fasse la traduction, mais à la vitesse où tu avances, nous sommes déjà à la traîne (enfin, moi en tout cas)
Ce que je te propose, c'est de faire le relecteur/correcteur, si ça te convient. Comme ça, je pourrai également finir (enfin) la traduction de DwE. C'est OK pour toi ?

Concernant tutoiement/vouvoiement, je me suis bien posé la question aussi. Je te livre l'état de mes réflexions :
- Avec Gary et Silvia, tutoiement direct (ils sont "collègues")
- Avec Jessika : le fait qu'elle soit ivre lors de leur 1ère rencontre me ferait dire qu'elle tutoie Marc, lui en retour, je ne sais pas trop. Par contre, vouvoiement de rigueur le lendemain. Une astuce : je m'étais déjà posé la question du moment où passer de l'un à l'autre quand j'avais traduit CfK, et ce qui semblait le mieux, c'est quand ils sont devenus "officiellement" copain/copine (encore un problème pour traduire boyfriend/girlfriend, petit copain, ça va pour les années lycée...). Et là, dans l'histoire, il y a un moment où Marc devient officiellement le copain de Jessika
- Avec Sarah : ben là, je dirais tutoiement direct : généralement, la première fois que tu es invité chez un(e) collègue que tu tutoies, tu tutoies aussi le(la) conjoint(e). Du coup, même principe pour Cynthia, que Marc avait en plus déjà vu
- Avec les musiciens, tutoiement direct
- Avec Chloé : vouvoiement au bureau, mais après... je ne sais pas trop.

Voilà, si ça peut aider...
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby Marco6661 » Mon, 16Feb15 15:01

Bonjour Luke et merci pour tes éclaircissements.

Je suis d'accord avec toi concernant le problème de tutoiement, sauf pour Chloé.
J'avais pour idée de la tutoyer directement.
Elle est stagiaire à l'étude (tribunal), il existe visiblement une différence d'age entre les deux ce qui me semble propice au Tu, Marc > Chloé mais Vous, Chloé > Marc, du moins au début de leur relation.

La relecture sera pour plus tard, j'essaie de traiter par chapitre, pour garder le fil de chaque partie de l'histoire, ce qui m'emmène à des heures indues. :crazy:

Je commencerai en auto-contrôle, je fais peu (pas) de fautes en général, c'est plutôt sur la syntaxe que ça risque de coincer, pas toujours facile de reproduire ce que l'auteur à voulu exprimer... [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

A+
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Feb15 23:16

Marco sent me the files he did so far, and it looks like AC is doing completely the wrong thing. All of his files are wrong in various ways. I'm trying to figure out what is going wrong, but haven't figured it out yet. How are things going for the rest of you? Are you able to open the translated _begin.htm in your browser and have the pages work?

If not, please send me your current files and describe what you did in AC to add the translation language.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby john milton » Mon, 16Feb15 23:56

I just gave it a try and i couldn't see any problem, it seems to be working on firefox without any issue.
john milton
lagoon predator

Postby kexter » Mon, 16Feb15 23:57

tlaero wrote:Marco sent me the files he did so far, and it looks like AC is doing completely the wrong thing. All of his files are wrong in various ways.
Can I help in any way?
@kextercius
kexter

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Feb16 00:49

Thank you, Kexter. I don't understand what I'm seeing. He's got _languages.ac showing only English, so it shouldn't be doing anything with French at all. But he's created French files that do ..\..\_functions.js instead of ..\functions.js. And the hit targets are scaled as though they didn't see a size.css. I haven't be able to figure out what you could do in AC to make any of these things happen.

If it's not affecting John, though, maybe it's not something going wrong in AC. I'll keep working with Marco.

John, could you send me what you have so far (just your Italian directory)? I just want to take a quick look and make sure everything is as I expect it. I'd hate for people to spend a lot of time translating only to find out the tool was making files wrong.

Tlaero
tlaero

PreviousNext

Return to Projects