House Party Beta

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: House Party Beta .2.3 (Updated 2/16/16)

Postby xviii » Fri, 16Jun17 06:52

Any progress on this? I can't wait to try out all the new changes.
xviii
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby mistacorn » Fri, 16Jun17 12:56

xviii wrote:Any progress on this? I can't wait to try out all the new changes.

Yes, I've got a new update coming very soon, and a new public beta is getting very close, as you'll see in the next update I post.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Fri, 16Jun17 21:33

Ok, so after a lot of debate and collecting all of your input, it seems that you guys are preferring the Daz models in the game over the redesigns. Given that information, I have been spending a lot of time working on ways to make these Daz models be everything I need them to be for the scope of the game, and I've made a lot of progress. The coolest thing to note is that we are past the point of restructuring a lot of the game, and we're getting to the point where the game is very playable. This means I should be putting out another public release pretty soon. I would say it's maybe a month or two away.

Let's take a look at this new video and some things to note about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGe999ymxNo

I've been spending a LOT of time on getting these characters to move and act realistically. Pay close attention to the eyes. In previous videos, you'll notice that when the characters look at you, they just turn their head and their eyes straight at you and stare with a blank look. In the newest version, you'll notice that the eyes and head move separately, and there's a lot more going on including micro-movements of the eyes. They don't simply hold a staring glare at an object anymore. Their eyes wander, and they use a combination of their eyes and their heads to look around at things.

First we walk up to Ashley and talk to her a bit. You can see some of this newer movement here. Then we talk to Steph. She's busy dancing, so we move on to Katherine. She doesn't seem to be in the greatest of moods, so we move over to Frank. He, of course, is his charming sense and talks about beating people up. Let's move on to upstairs.

You'll notice that by the time we talk to Madison, we can ask her about some of the other characters we've already met. You will need to collect information from characters about each other to progress in the game. We ask Madison about Ashley, and we get a bit of backstory. Then Madison asks us to grab her phone since you're heading to the bathroom.

From there we go and talk to Brittney. Brittney's hiding out in the study because she's embarrassed about her new top. Then we head to the bedroom and talk to Patrick a little. He's got a headache and wants some aspirin. We duck into the bathroom and find Madison's phone. Let's go return it to her.

After we give her back the phone, you try to get a little flirty with Madison, and she wants you to help her embarrass Ashley, and you see she's already started the proceeds, and wants your help to see it through. Head over to talk to Ashley, and she's got other plans to get the jump on Madison first. You'll have to decide which of the girls you'll be siding with. Each play-through of the game will be a series of choices, and you will be able to make different choices that will affect your progress with each girl. This is different from the linear nature of the first beta where you could unravel each story-line as you played through the game.

I will have a build ready for supporters only very soon, and as I mentioned before, I will have another public beta out in another month or two.

If you're looking for the latest public release, you can find it at:
http://games.eekllc.com/index.php/category/downloads/

Enjoy!
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby MalleckM » Sun, 16Jul10 23:41

I would like to know how much time takes to put in unity characters from Daz3d? Do you work alone?
MalleckM
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Mon, 16Jul11 17:00

MalleckM wrote:I would like to know how much time takes to put in unity characters from Daz3d? Do you work alone?

It's very tedious at the moment. If you take a look at the developer blogs on the site: http://games.eekllc.com, you'll see that I struggled between using Daz models and having a designer create fresh ones. The issue is that the Daz models look REALLY good, so it's hard to find a designer that can match the quality, but the Daz models are very heavy on resources, and most of the challenge is getting them into a usable format, and to preserve things like blendshapes, removable clothing, etc...
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby MalleckM » Tue, 16Jul12 00:32

mistacorn wrote:
MalleckM wrote:I would like to know how much time takes to put in unity characters from Daz3d? Do you work alone?

It's very tedious at the moment. If you take a look at the developer blogs on the site: http://games.eekllc.com, you'll see that I struggled between using Daz models and having a designer create fresh ones. The issue is that the Daz models look REALLY good, so it's hard to find a designer that can match the quality, but the Daz models are very heavy on resources, and most of the challenge is getting them into a usable format, and to preserve things like blendshapes, removable clothing, etc...

I think I got it. It takes tones of time.
MalleckM
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Tue, 16Jul12 12:36

MalleckM wrote: I think I got it. It takes tones of time.

Well, I guess I should clarify. You can export a Daz model and have it up and running in Unity in a matter of minutes. That part is easy. It's the details and getting the models' triangle count down to a reasonable level that are very time-consuming and trial and error. Keep in mind I also come from a very strong programming past, but not so much with graphic design, so I had to learn a lot of concepts of graphical design in order to figure some things out along the way.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby MalleckM » Tue, 16Jul12 16:01

mistacorn wrote:
MalleckM wrote: I think I got it. It takes tones of time.

Well, I guess I should clarify. You can export a Daz model and have it up and running in Unity in a matter of minutes. That part is easy. It's the details and getting the models' triangle count down to a reasonable level that are very time-consuming and trial and error. Keep in mind I also come from a very strong programming past, but not so much with graphic design, so I had to learn a lot of concepts of graphical design in order to figure some things out along the way.

True, You don't need to render anything just export it right format. But what about Genesis 3. Does it consume memory and provide issues with perfomence? I gues it does. As it has a lot of details what you are talking about. Plus some animation and animation os clothes might take time to make it to work properly.
MalleckM
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Wed, 16Jul13 18:28

MalleckM wrote: True, You don't need to render anything just export it right format. But what about Genesis 3. Does it consume memory and provide issues with perfomence? I gues it does. As it has a lot of details what you are talking about. Plus some animation and animation os clothes might take time to make it to work properly.

Actually, the G3 models are more lightweight than the G2 models, at least for the core figure. The clothes and hair can get really huge, sometimes 150k+ triangles. You can usually decimate most of the clothes down about 20% or so before visual artifacts start appearing, but 20% on 150k is still 30k triangles, which is WAY too much for an accessory. You can see where this can get cumbersome. It's a constant battle between decimating to reasonable amounts without sacrificing quality. I've learned more and more tricks though, and I'm getting pretty good with it.

The animation is all handled separately with motion capture files, so that's not really an issue.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby slickchris » Sat, 16Jul16 22:21

Does anyone know what to do
no matter what I do, i still can't push the bookcase or whatever it is on frank. it just wobbles but doesn't fall. Do I need to be standing in a specific place?
slickchris
sirens hunter

Postby muttdoggy » Mon, 16Jul18 03:15

slickchris wrote:Does anyone know what to do
no matter what I do, i still can't push the bookcase or whatever it is on frank. it just wobbles but doesn't fall. Do I need to be standing in a specific place?

I usually go into the garage first and look at the shelf and it'll say that it wobbles and seems unstable. Then I go find Frank and tell him I know of a drunk person who needs to be beat up and he'll follow me. What I do with Frank following me is I walk in into the garage and head towards garage door. Then I turn right and hug the wall on my left and then walk along the shelves checking to see if Frank remains right behind me. When I notice that Frank is right in front of the shelves, I head for the washing machine, turn around, and click on the shelves and there should be a prompt to push it over.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby slickchris » Tue, 16Jul19 04:41

muttdoggy wrote:
slickchris wrote:Does anyone know what to do

I usually go into the garage first and look at the shelf and it'll say that it wobbles and seems unstable. Then I go find Frank and tell him I know of a drunk person who needs to be beat up and he'll follow me. What I do with Frank following me is I walk in into the garage and head towards garage door. Then I turn right and hug the wall on my left and then walk along the shelves checking to see if Frank remains right behind me. When I notice that Frank is right in front of the shelves, I head for the washing machine, turn around, and click on the shelves and there should be a prompt to push it over.

I tried and it worked. Thanks.
too bad the shelf missed him. then i restarted and on my third try i was rushing and chose push by accident and the shelf fell when frank wasn't even in the room. this game really needs a save feature [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img]
slickchris
sirens hunter

Postby mistacorn » Wed, 16Jul20 18:54

Hey guys,

Today, I’m releasing a demo to my $10+ supporters only. For the rest of you, here is a video showcasing some of the stuff I’ve been working on. I included an audio commentary on this video so I can explain all of the new features I’ve been working on and adding, and for what to keep an eye on when you try out the demo.

We’re getting closer to being able to really move forward with the storyline, which means we’re getting closer to a new public build as well, which will be free for all to play.

Here’s a link to the video
http://games.eekllc.com/index.php/2016/ ... ters-only/

For a link to play the latest free demo, click here: http://games.eekllc.com/index.php/category/downloads/

Enjoy!
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby xviii » Thu, 16Jul21 09:55

Looking great. I especially like the facial expressions and eye movement now. The characters look a lot more realistic and dynamic because of that.

Can't wait for the next demo. Best of luck with the work on the story also, I'm glad the mechanics can be a fair bit more open with the story now because of all the changes at the ground level. :)
xviii
great white shark

Postby Pedro2K16 » Sun, 16Jul24 23:20

So far i like this game after 10 try i manage finish game ) But i hoped see more than erotic
Pedro2K16
sirens hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Projects