House Party Beta

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: House Party Alpha

Postby Trucla » Sun, 15Nov15 15:48

haxton wrote:it says that the version is not compatible with my windows. windows 10 32 bits.
So, at least for the moment you can't try the game. :(
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby mistacorn » Mon, 15Nov16 01:41

Now I get this

"The game crashed
The crash report folder named "2015_11_16_001048 next to game executable "

Could you private message me the crash report? The original build is actually compiled for Windows 64 or x86, so it should theoretically work on both. And now it seems that a version specifically compiled for x86 isn't working either, so I suspect 32 bit Windows itself is not the issue, but something related to the way 32 bit Windows is set up. Maybe it just needs a support package installed.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby Trucla » Mon, 15Nov16 02:59

mistacorn wrote:
Now I get this

"The game crashed
The crash report folder named "2015_11_16_001048 next to game executable "

Could you private message me the crash report? The original build is actually compiled for Windows 64 or x86, so it should theoretically work on both. And now it seems that a version specifically compiled for x86 isn't working either, so I suspect 32 bit Windows itself is not the issue, but something related to the way 32 bit Windows is set up. Maybe it just needs a support package installed.

Well if it helps I've tested the x86 in a Win7 32bits box I have and got no crash. Please note that I'm not testing the game, only want to help people who want to do it and you to find out what the problem could be.
Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby mistacorn » Tue, 15Nov17 02:43

Well if it helps I've tested the x86 in a Win7 32bits box I have and got no crash. Please note that I'm not testing the game, only want to help people who want to do it and you to find out what the problem could be.
Cheers!

Yeah, see this says to me that it's not 32 bit windows that's causing the issue. It might be something to do with the packaging that Windows 32 bit comes with. Maybe the Direct X version. I was researching around but I didn't find anything on Unity builds crashing on x86 machines.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby Trucla » Tue, 15Nov17 20:04

mistacorn wrote:
Cheers!

Yeah, see this says to me that it's not 32 bit windows that's causing the issue. It might be something to do with the packaging that Windows 32 bit comes with. Maybe the Direct X version. I was researching around but I didn't find anything on Unity builds crashing on x86 machines.
Let me clarify things. The initial version when I tried to load it in my Win7 32bit box, didn't load at all, which led me to try it in Win7 64bit. There it loaded without problems, but frankly didn't worry about going far in my moves.
Now with the 32bit version you built it loaded in the 32bit box and I've made some movements without facing errors (besides some text overlaps) or crashes.
Trucla
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby master110 » Wed, 15Nov18 13:27

BeanBean wrote:Found it, thanks. That one was well hidden.

how do you give her the phone there is no option. All i have is a floating phone in front of me.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Wed, 15Nov18 14:37

master110 wrote:how do you give her the phone there is no option. All i have is a floating phone in front of me.

Whenever you click something and it pops up in front of you, you should be presented with a "Take" or "Discard" option. If you "Take" the item, it's then in your inventory. You should be able to progress with the Mandy storyline from that point.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby master110 » Wed, 15Nov18 16:10

mistacorn wrote:
master110 wrote:how do you give her the phone there is no option. All i have is a floating phone in front of me.

Whenever you click something and it pops up in front of you, you should be presented with a "Take" or "Discard" option. If you "Take" the item, it's then in your inventory. You should be able to progress with the Mandy storyline from that point.

800 600 windows =
not being able to see the option above
800 600 to get rid of the lag you see. I bumped it up to 1024x768 to fix the problem still lag free.

One thing as the left hander the controls really suck being on WSDA. The Arrows don't work at all for movement.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby xviii » Fri, 15Nov20 06:53

Runs perfectly fine at 2560x1440 here but I have a fairly high end gaming pc.

Overall it's a good start, pretty decent for a first alpha. I got used to the controls, but you should aim to include the option to remap them for later releases. Not being able to strafe as second nature is probably a plus for this kind of game though, having someone side step around a room looks damn weird unless they're in a fight. As for the having to click to look... well it's a pain but I understand that the cursor is needed to point at objects without giving away the location of the hidden ones too easily.

On the down side I have yet to see an erotic interactive 3d game that wasnt awkward, especially the sex scenes. I'm not sure if giving manual control is the best idea for sex scenes, it's super awkward in that xstory game you mentioned for example. If you are going to allow manual movement and not just scenes where you control the camera angle, sex position and speed, then id suggest having it still lock you into what you choose to do and using an analog input like the mouse for movement. Make it so you have to start slow (depending on the situation). Of course fast repetitive movement with the mouse is terrible also, so perhaps have the input mapped on a curve where it increases beyond 1:1 as you move faster.

My only other complaints are to do with the amount of content and how hard it is to get to a "win" point (way too easy right now - but it's an alpha) and that the whites of the girls eyes appear too dark which looks a bit creepy.

Just my ideas for it. I'd love to see a proper 3d erotic game do things properly while adding the freedom that the format allows, but so far the sacrifices to gameplay and atmosphere of the games I've played always outweigh the benefits.
xviii
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Nov21 15:48

xviii wrote:Runs perfectly fine at 2560x1440 here but I have a fairly high end gaming pc.

Overall it's a good start, pretty decent for a first alpha. I got used to the controls, but you should aim to include the option to remap them for later releases. Not being able to strafe as second nature is probably a plus for this kind of game though, having someone side step around a room looks damn weird unless they're in a fight. As for the having to click to look... well it's a pain but I understand that the cursor is needed to point at objects without giving away the location of the hidden ones too easily.

On the down side I have yet to see an erotic interactive 3d game that wasnt awkward, especially the sex scenes. I'm not sure if giving manual control is the best idea for sex scenes, it's super awkward in that xstory game you mentioned for example. If you are going to allow manual movement and not just scenes where you control the camera angle, sex position and speed, then id suggest having it still lock you into what you choose to do and using an analog input like the mouse for movement. Make it so you have to start slow (depending on the situation). Of course fast repetitive movement with the mouse is terrible also, so perhaps have the input mapped on a curve where it increases beyond 1:1 as you move faster.

My only other complaints are to do with the amount of content and how hard it is to get to a "win" point (way too easy right now - but it's an alpha) and that the whites of the girls eyes appear too dark which looks a bit creepy.

Just my ideas for it. I'd love to see a proper 3d erotic game do things properly while adding the freedom that the format allows, but so far the sacrifices to gameplay and atmosphere of the games I've played always outweigh the benefits.

Thanks for all the input. I did draw inspiration off of X Story Player in some ways, although I also don't like a lot of their mechanics. I would actually love to hear some input from some of you as to what type of sex scenes you enjoy or how you want the erotic portion of the content delivered. I have a tendency to not really enjoy games where you just have to move the mouse around violently to make things happen, but then again no interaction can sometimes feel like you're just watching a 3D movie. Though with all of the adventure type game format in this game, a "movie" at the end of a puzzle solve can feel like a reward, so it may work in that aspect. I guess it's about finding the correct balance. But this game is pretty live-action oriented so far, so if I were to do full on sex scenes, they would have to stay in that domain somewhat unless like I said earlier, it's just a story playing out after the puzzle work is done. I'd love to get some input from the community about which way to take this. New update coming very soon.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby ltpika » Sun, 15Nov22 01:47

Maybe speed controls with the directional buttons? Also maybe you can pick sex options from the dialogue tree.

I agree x storyplayer sucks, it's like moving limp mannequins to collide into each other.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby mistacorn » Fri, 15Nov27 16:39

Hey guys,

I've released the second Alpha of House Party today. I've added new story, and different paths you can take. You can grab it at http://games.eekllc.com.

Here is the change log:

Interactive Items added
New Character: Ashley
Created Ashley’s storyline
Fixed some issues with dancing physics
Fixed some issues with cloth physics
Characters now step back if you bump into them (This prevents them from blocking off pathways)
Dialogues fixed so they don’t open and close quickly sometimes
Bug fixes with Interactive and Inventory Items
Bug fixes with fighting
Mandy renamed to Madison
Expanded on Madison’s storyline
Expanded on Frank’s storyline
Expanded on Stephanie’s storyline
Crouching support added
A and D are now strafes
Font change on dialogues
New Interaction System Buttons
Must be close enough to objects to interact with them now
Lighting changes
Girls can now dance on coffee table and on the couch
Characters now respond to other things happening around the house.
Girls now have appropriate animations according to their moods when talking.
Dialogues and interfaces are smarter about when to open
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Re: House Party Alpha (Updated 11/27/15)

Postby Super » Sat, 15Nov28 00:00

so I see a sponge and asprin and they both glow but it won't let me pick them up?

Also, I think being able to click on dialogue text would be good.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby ltpika » Sat, 15Nov28 02:13

I assume embarrassing the older sister and getting alcohol for the dancing chick is not implemented yet? I got the older sister naked. Any way to get big sister in to stay in the bedroom? She gets in the way sometimes and every time we go in the bedroom again her dialogue repeats ("what do you want to do?")
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby xviii » Sat, 15Nov28 03:15

Nice improvements, great work.

I've manged to get to the end with stephanie and madison, but can't get anywhere with ashley.

Since you apparently keep madisons clothes, I thought you would be able to give them to ashley, but no dialogue option appears even when I have everything. Is the only option to humiliate madison instead? I have no idea how to do this but can only think it has something to do with her phone or the drunk guy patrick. Any tips?
xviii
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Projects