Innocence Lost - Little Anna

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: .

Postby Mortze » Fri, 15Aug07 21:54

My fellow lagooners,

This feels like a snowball rolling down a clif.

I cannot stay put and not open my heart on this matter. I am also an enthusiast new artist, eager to show the world my art.

Let's just settle the facts for a minute:

a) JBGames, the autor, opend this thread to promote his game and his site. A game about a normal family, that will explore the theme of corruption, sex discovery and normal family issues. Nothing more. The theme seems perfectly inocent comparing to other games already and still being promoted around here.

b) The author, opened this thread to promote interactivity with his future public - something I am totally suporting and willing to do for my games - with the purpose of directing his game, still in production, regarding people's opinions.

c) Like I said, the game is still in production. The author denied having in mind using incest in his game. There was nothing related to incest made so far in this game.

d) Some lagooners asked about that theme, incest. For what I know, it is not off-topic the least because the thread, in Projects, is about opinions on the game, what it is now and what it should be during production and in the future. Promoting a project and listening to people's receptability involves, of course, to listen to demands, questions, doubts. Someone asked about incest. A simple question, in-topic.

e) The theme is controverse. That question raised a debate, in which I participated with 2 comments. Is the debate off-topic? Could be, or not. Again, in the nature of discussing possibilities for his game the question came as if it was ok to use such a controversed theme when there were other games around that used sensible themes too. In essence, the discussion was still about the game JBGames is promoting. Was it ok to include or not this and that in his game. Still in-topic in my most humble opinion.

f) Still, it was considered off-topic, or the theme incest considered inapropriate for this forum. One, there are less severe penalties to end off-topic issues, like just ordering to end the discussion. Two, how can the theme incest - not used in the game, nor planed to be used in the author's words - dictate the removal of the link the author gave, said link only leading to a site where there is no game made yet and no incest at all?

g) For all this reasons, and because I already expressed in PM my opinion, I have to say here that I think it is a harsh decision and do plead for the admins to reconsider and allow JBGames to promote his site and his game freely, because, most sincerely, I do not think he violated any moral or written laws of this forum.

h) Sorry for the long alphabet. Cheers JBGames.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby me3 » Fri, 15Aug07 21:56

what an amazing solution to something that wasn't a problem to begin with, while totally encouraging a nice environment for developers.

Just for the sake of "consistency", the working man thread mentions incest too, go delete

[/sarcasm and what not]
me3
great white shark

Postby Greebo » Fri, 15Aug07 22:43

Seems to me the modding has gone ridiculous in this particular thread. The OP has expressed no shark's lagoon illegal viewpoint, nor has he promoted it -- it was just a couple of members with incest on the brain that stirred up this storm in a teacup, so the sooner the OP is let out of the "naughty corner" the better.

If you must censure anyone, make it the members who pursued the subject of incest in the first place!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Greebo » Fri, 15Aug07 22:47

bobytt wrote:Just delete it.

For "it" read bobytt's contribution to this farrago!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby zucchort » Fri, 15Aug07 23:08

Greebo wrote:Seems to me the modding has gone ridiculous in this particular thread. The OP has expressed no shark's lagoon illegal viewpoint, nor has he promoted it -- it was just a couple of members with incest on the brain that stirred up this storm in a teacup, so the sooner the OP is let out of the "naughty corner" the better.

If you must censure anyone, make it the members who pursued the subject of incest in the first place!

It is exacly what I said about the theme. Just because one moderator doesn't like this controversial theme on games, it doesn't make the theme against the rules and If it is, half of the games here on the forum should be vanished too. I'm offer myself to take the punishment instead of JBGames, but I really think it's ridiculous to take punishiment because of questions about the rulles.

Sorry for my bad english
zucchort
great white shark

Postby bobytt » Fri, 15Aug07 23:12

If it has to be moderated, my and the other posts that was against the rules should be deleted and that was going to be it. Deleting the link to the game that is not even released yet and doesn't have ANY forbidden elements in it is beyond logical. As someone said few posts above there is insect mentioned in Working man too? At the time we disscused that there was topics with links to games with insect Emily SISTER ATTRACTION. You dont have to play the game to get it that there is going to be incest there. Thats lame excuse for not taking action. My point is at the time i didnt knew that its not allowed to discuss it here why:

1. Game based on incest WITH TITLE suggesting it and its been around the forum for over a year.
2. Incest mention in another thread few days ago, no one did anything to delete it or to say its not allowed.

In 99% of the forums, moderators delete the off topic.

Regarding my "contribution"

bobytt wrote:Yes. It's ok. If that's the rules no problem. But it's fiction. If there is someone that after playing game like that or reading a story jump and molest his relative, the problem is with this guy not the fictional material he read. And it was there before he read/play it.

As soon as I was told it was against the rules What i said? No problem. And that was the end of it. Until now after Squeeky just decided to delete the link to the authors site. I am huge supporter of Sharks game and I am usually one of the first guys to buy any game that come out just to support developers. But i cannot justiffied Squeekys actions.
As I said. Delete off-topic. Give warnings to whoever you think is out of line. Thats good moderation.
bobytt
lagoon predator

Postby Rexxx » Sat, 15Aug08 07:06

I have decided to not post when the things went off-topic, but now I have to say 3 thing.

1- I agree with who said that Squeeky exaggerated in deleting link and I think that it needs to be restored, but I think to understand why he did that, the post went too much off-topic (more in number 2) and he took that decision saying to ask to shark for a final solution (he didn't simple closed saying jb did some wrong and didn't close the entire thread).

2 - Please can we quit to argument attacking others, i hate when one say " if you want to arrest me for this theft why haven't done the same for that other people that did something similar", you have simply to explain why you haven't done anything wrong (and I think JB didn't wrong, maybe some little off topic, but in a venial way), I think that the beginning of this charges against others is the reason because the moderator thought that the thread was beginning to be incontrollable (even if in this case he achieved the contrary).
This is a relaxing and good forum, moderator aren't oppressive, they intervene only when the situation "explode", maybe because don't want to create a police state maybe because sometimes they close an eye (realistically they haven't the time to read and play all game).
We have liked that until now, we really want to begin to examine at microscope all, so we close this thread because you have spoken of that, but then in that game there is thin little easter egg that is against the rules,in that thread they have gone off topic (even if the topic was interesting and useful).
In games with sex is also natural that there could be some borderline situation for the story, is right to fuck a girl who has drunk a bit, how I have to consider blackmail sex, that seduction can be taking advantage of disabled person ?

3 - Like I have said if begin charges and contro-charges we will risk to enter in a police state or even worst Shark could decide that he is tired of all of this, because I don't think that he created this forum for using his time to settle quarrels andwe have always remember that this is forum, those are his decisions (even when we think that they are wrong), if we don't agree we can leave.
Last edited by Rexxx on Sat, 15Aug08 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Sat, 15Aug08 09:10

As a moderator, Squeeky is owner of his decisions.
I have not followed this thread but more than incest, what bothers me is when a guy registers on the forum to promote another site, especially when this site offers a financial contribution (I have not developed this forum as a advertising billboard). As for the rest, the project can be easily found on google, so I consider that the debate is closed.
shark
Site Admin

Postby ltpika » Sat, 15Aug08 19:38

shark wrote:As a moderator, Squeeky is owner of his decisions.
I have not followed this thread but more than incest, what bothers me is when a guy registers on the forum to promote another site, especially when this site offers a financial contribution (I have not developed this forum as a advertising billboard). As for the rest, the project can be easily found on google, so I consider that the debate is closed.

You can't punish one person for breaking a rule that you had yet to state. He's hardly the first to do this, if you see others do it, wouldn't you assume it's okay? I'd wager, of the threads at the top of the sexy games page, there are patreon or other payment methods for at least 70% of them.

And how can you decide on the debate if you didn't take a few minutes to read the thread? Why all the resistance to admitting mistake was made? Just say "oops" and fix it, no one would think any less of you. Otherwise you create an environment of fear for other creators. Who'd want to post here if people's comments or new rules could get you deleted?
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby Issho » Sat, 15Aug08 19:56

@JBGames:
i suggest, that you keep the thread like it was before some people went off-topic. Also with some updates (demo etc.) of the game and just remove the link. You can refer on google, so that anybody who is interested in this game, can find your site. I think on this forum are many lagooners, who are interested on your game, so keep your project, would be sad if not :)
Issho
great white shark

JBGames

Postby LRM » Sat, 15Aug08 21:08

@ everyone;
JBGames at the time of this posting is still an active member.
How the author of any topic can go off topic alludes me!
The original post was self serving.
Please stop any further discussion of this event in this thread. If you feel it necessary to continue to vent, create a new thread in the beach.
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 15Aug10 08:29

While I see no reason to justify my decision to rescind the link, it might be informative to dissenters to have some understanding.
1. The subject of “incest” was raised.
2. A Lagoon stance was stated but some chose to ignore by pursuing such thoughts.
3. The author did not definitively rule out such an event might occur. He was however comfortable with such a concept.
4. The author has his own site where he can do as he pleases.
5. While members regularly provide reports when perceived rules are broken, we may not necessarily get that feedback in this situation. From above, we can’t be guaranteed that our acceptance of this project will continue to meet our expectations even though the author made such a claim.

Now, while I did confirm the author’s site I did not ascertain that he was in fact seeking monetary backing.
Shark picked up on that.

For whatever reason, the author chose to remove content from the opening of this thread as well as deleting the subject title which I have reinstated.

This thread is hereby locked. Take note of opening comment.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Previous

Return to Projects