My Math Teacher

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Translation of one of Serge's game

Postby Michuncik » Fri, 15Aug14 10:30

khaaleth wrote:Problem with Adrift 4 is within localization. Just change windows settings for US or UK, restart computer and it will work

Thx for tip i will try it :)
Michuncik
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby razhiel79 » Sat, 15Aug15 07:35

Somehow i seem to be to dumb to play that game...

I managed to proceed a bit, but now i am stuck again. I know i need to find the hidden picture but i have no clue where. I tried to pick up and drop everything i could get or to open stuff, but i have no idea.

Thx.
razhiel79
Pilot fish

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Aug15 07:47

Be focused on the upper floor and don't forget to look again after taking something from a "container" or a surface.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby razhiel79 » Sat, 15Aug15 07:58

Been there, done that... The only things i could take and drop was the stuff from the Buffet. Again... I have no clue, sorry ;)
razhiel79
Pilot fish

Postby Rexxx » Sat, 15Aug15 08:55

Like already said in this post it's good to examine something anew after having changed it, you won't see the changes automatically.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Aug15 08:57

I just finished to translate the third day of the adventure (actually it's the fourth one but... the Sunday isn't very long...).
I start to translate the Thuesday.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Michuncik » Sat, 15Aug15 18:10

Michuncik wrote:
khaaleth wrote:Problem with Adrift 4 is within localization. Just change windows settings for US or UK, restart computer and it will work

Thx for tip i will try it :)

I try it and not work :(
Michuncik
great white shark

Postby bigchief » Sat, 15Aug15 19:19

redle wrote:

Other than that, you didn't actually mention what fail point you are stuck on, so I'm not sure what advice might be helpful.

razhiel79 wrote:Been there, done that... The only things i could take and drop was the stuff from the Buffet. Again... I have no clue, sorry ;)

I am essentially in this position. I'm looking for something to do upstairs in Stephanie's flat - the lounge has nothing that I can interact with. A laptop sat on the coffeetable but nothing seems to work on it (open, turn on, get, take, use). The spare bedroom is locked. The kitchen has a dishwasher full of dirty dishes but I can't take those as I get a message my hands are full (even when carrying nothing). The buffet has plates, cutlery and glasses, all of which once taken has no impact on the buffet.

From the hints thrown around this thread I'm assuming there is a missing picture somewhere but I've no idea where to look. I'm on 29 pics without looking in the bathroom window yet.
bigchief
great white shark

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Aug15 19:43

paquito wrote:Be focused on the upper floor and don't forget to look again after taking something from a "container" or a surface.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby redle » Sun, 15Aug16 08:46

@bigchief, razhiel79
The key point of paquito's comment is look again.

I made an attempt at explaining the game mechanic here (example is after the spoiler):
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3492&start=45#p86938

Basically, if you take an item from somewhere, the game will not tell you if you discover something new. You must examine or look at objects again after changes are made. So after you take/drop objects, examine everything all over again.
redle
star of the reef

Postby razhiel79 » Sun, 15Aug16 14:06

After some more help from paquito i found the right solution, although it doesn't really make sense.

It's not really logic, that the pic only appears when you take out the plates from the buffet. When i tried it at first, i took out everything and had a second look then... No picture. If i take out the plates and have a second look... There is the picture

And right after it i am stuck again, lol

I suppose i have to knock on the bathroom door before i enter, but either i can't find the right term, or it doesn't work like that. The hint that i have to make it like in Day 1 didn't help
razhiel79
Pilot fish

Postby paquito » Sun, 15Aug16 14:43

Read again the hint I gave you, you will found your mistake.

about the hidden picture:
The picture is supposed to be behind the plates, but Adrift 4 is quite limited... Just put the picture in a container is way too simplistic.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Serge » Mon, 15Aug17 19:24

razhiel79 wrote:After some more help from paquito i found the right solution, although it doesn't really make sense.

It's not really logic, that the pic only appears when you take out the plates from the buffet. When i tried it at first, i took out everything and had a second look then... No picture. If i take out the plates and have a second look... There is the picture

Just try to imagine.
The picture is under the plates. Can you see it without take the plates????????
It is VERY logic.
Serge
Great Master of corals

Postby razhiel79 » Mon, 15Aug17 19:35

Serge wrote:Just try to imagine.
The picture is under the plates. Can you see it without take the plates????????
It is VERY logic.

I think i put it wrong... It is logic, you are completley right. I was complaining that you can't see the pic when you take out more then just that.

@Paquito I am still stuck when i try to enter the shower. No clue if i have to knock first or what is the right term for it. I replayed the first day already to notice what you meant, but no luck.
razhiel79
Pilot fish

Postby paquito » Mon, 15Aug17 19:56

knock on ** You just have to choose the right door.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Projects