Touch or Mouse Control

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Touch or Mouse Control

Postby Mimailia » Sun, 14Nov09 17:04

TeineWolf wrote:First thing I buy with a new lap top, is a wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

Was nervous as to how responsive they would be, but was extremely pleased.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby TeineWolf » Sun, 14Nov09 23:06

Greyelf wrote:
TeineWolf wrote:
Greyelf wrote:
TeineWolf wrote:As you know Java is another way for a Browser, to access System Resources.
I am assuming you actually meant Java-script, which has almost no relationship to Java besides having a similar name and some basic language constructs.
Correct.

Java-script is a CLI version of compilable/executable Java.

Sorry but that is not true.
W3 and Wikipedia
I am not going to be responsible for derailing this discussion. I do tend to seemingly misstate things. It's a habit from being a translator between techno-peasants and techno-weenies. But I suggest you learn what a CLI, conceptually is. Then learn what is a compiler/linker/executable is, in concept. But at this point, this derailment is finished. Before I get a pointy stick from LRM. [img]smile/medievalsmile.gif[/img]
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Greebo » Sun, 14Nov09 23:48

Out of interest I checked out those links Greyelf gave myself and came to the conclusion that he's right -- Java and Java-script are almost completely unrelated languages even if they do have the first four letters of their names in common, and whether or not one runs from the CLI has no bearing on the matter. I may be a techno-weenie but it's obvious even to the likes of myself!

Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Greyelf » Mon, 14Nov10 03:11

@Greebo: Loved the comic, have to remember that one. lol
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 14Nov10 03:55

tlaero has plans to implement a poll shortly.
Those who have already voiced an opinion please watch for it, somewhere at "Sexy Games".
When that appears this thread will probably be locked.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby TeineWolf » Mon, 14Nov10 04:45

I found a perfect quote, that explained to me how wrong I was.

Lisp in C's Clothing

JavaScript's C-like syntax, including curly braces and the clunky for statement, makes it appear to be an ordinary procedural language. This is misleading because JavaScript has more in common with functional languages like Lisp or Scheme than with C or Java. It has arrays instead of lists and objects instead of property lists. Functions are first class. It has closures. You get lambdas without having to balance all those parens.

I had a friend that used to work with Lisp. Funny thing is, she always talked normal to me.

EDIT: I realize now, that the quote is way out of context. And was an attempt to admit defeat, with dehumor.

http://www.crockford.com/javascript/javascript.html
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby LostTrout » Mon, 14Nov10 07:38

I prefer mouse control. I've played Pusooy's and LoP's games using touch control. I felt like I hit a new low when I found myself rubbing my fingers against the screen for ten minutes to control a penis animation. I felt even more shame using touch controls to "rub" a virtual woman's body parts. The extra indirection of mouse control makes me feel less creepy and less like a loser.
LostTrout
sirens hunter

Postby PinkVendetta » Mon, 14Nov10 09:18

Greebo wrote:Out of interest I checked out those links Greyelf gave myself and came to the conclusion that he's right -- Java and Java-script are almost completely unrelated languages even if they do have the first four letters of their names in common, and whether or not one runs from the CLI has no bearing on the matter. I may be a techno-weenie but it's obvious even to the likes of myself!

Java & Javascript Explained:

JavaScript does not create applets or stand-alone applications. In its most common form, JavaScript resides inside HTML documents, and can provide levels of interactivity to web pages that are not achievable with simple HTML.

Key differences between Java and JavaScript:
Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.
Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine or browser while JavaScript code is run on a browser only.
Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.

They're not even closely related.

These two languages are distinctly different. while JavaScript isn't a truly scripting language, Java isn't a scripting language at all. the syntax, the variables, the functions...all are different.

Java is an object-based programming language that allows you to build standalone applications.

JavaScript is a scripting language used by web browsers to perform programming functions and create dynamic websites.

All browsers have a JavaScript engine built in.

Java was created by Bill Joy and other developers/architects at Sun.

JavaScript was created by Brendan Eich while he worked at Netscape.

I prefer the Mouse right now to Touch Screen, as 99% of things online as based off the Mouse being a perfected technology, where as touch screen is no where close to being a perfected technology.
PinkVendetta
star of the reef

sex: Female

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 14Nov10 11:35

Miss Hannah has tested patience!

At this point, sorry tlaero, continue with your poll as planned but this thread is now locked.

[Ms Hannah may return from her 'holiday" shortly]
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Previous

Return to Projects