New Game Needs Testing - Closed

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: New Game Needs Testing

Postby tlaero » Sun, 14Oct26 04:44

I downloaded the WinZip version, but the game itself is an exe, so I decided against running it.

As for the size, how big (# of bytes) are your pictures? Are you using jpg compression? Usually 70% makes the images an order of magnitude smaller with no human noticeable change in picture quality. There's a tool called jpgconv in the AdventureCreator distribution (in the Utilities folder) that lets you convert all of your pictures at once. If you haven't already compressed the images, you should give it a try.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 14Oct26 08:36

tlaero wrote:I downloaded the WinZip version, but the game itself is an exe, so I decided against running it.

As for the size, how big (# of bytes) are your pictures? Are you using jpg compression? Usually 70% makes the images an order of magnitude smaller with no human noticeable change in picture quality. There's a tool called jpgconv in the AdventureCreator distribution (in the Utilities folder) that lets you convert all of your pictures at once. If you haven't already compressed the images, you should give it a try.

Tlaero

Adventure Game Studio (AGS) has built-in image compression (I don't know how good it is) so the images should be compressed but any sprites are NOT for performance reasons.
Greyelf
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby ltpika » Mon, 14Oct27 07:04

Encountered a few issues..walking to the left after the final choice freezes the game. Choosing the stripper ending still credits you with the love ending. Got a call about the stripper ending even though I cashed in my phone.

Not glitches but suggestions: simplify map, way too many unused areas and it's easy to get lost, especially with the up/down confusion. The cursor has to many useless options, as walk/interact/item is all you'll ever need. Don't know if that's something you can change or if it's built into the engine.

All that being said, I like the game. Models and animations are well done.
Last edited by ltpika on Mon, 14Oct27 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby budman » Mon, 14Oct27 08:25

Interesting. Give me the link please.
budman
Pilot fish

Postby wolfman213 » Mon, 14Oct27 19:45

Would love to give it a try. Please send me the link.
wolfman213
Pilot fish

Postby ltpika » Mon, 14Oct27 22:33

New error found...if you fuck the red head stripper, the final image from her scene gets stuck on screen if you go to another stripper (in this case, I went to the one on the far left.) It does not prevent you from progressing just blocks the center of the screen and disappears if you get the other stripper's scene.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby j95 » Wed, 14Oct29 11:14

Hello stevedirt,

I saw your Play-tester offer on Monday and have sent you two PMs now (one on Monday and one a few minutes ago) and have unfortunately recieved no reply.

I very much hope to receive the link soon, please.

I have a lot of free time on my hands and would be very keen to use my talents to help with the proofreading of this forum's games and thereby help you speed up the public release of your game.

I have been playtesting the Inspiring Celina game and found most of the blank screens, "invisible boxes" and spelling mistakes, this is my best talent.

Please let me know if I am in time to be a Playtester.

Thank you very much.

Justin

j95
j95
sirens hunter

Postby psycho72 » Thu, 14Oct30 07:05

stevedirt wrote:Image

Hello,

So after fooling around with html and html5 games I decided to go with 2.5d RPG.

The game is pretty close in the story line to my old one - Fuck It List - but now can be downloaded and played.

This adds features like save, restore .. ect.

Its 239MB Zipped with windows, and 82mb zipped with 7z.

As for right now its only available for Windows.

So for now I just want some people to give it a test run and see if they come across any game play, spelling errors, or whatever.

There are 11 gals, all have their own sex scenes, and multiple animated positions.

Message me if you are interested.

Thanks

Hey can i try testing the same for you
cheers
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby stevedirt » Thu, 14Oct30 23:31

ltpika wrote:New error found...if you fuck the red head stripper, the final image from her scene gets stuck on screen if you go to another stripper (in this case, I went to the one on the far left.) It does not prevent you from progressing just blocks the center of the screen and disappears if you get the other stripper's scene.

Fixed this error, and another one much like it. Thanks!

ltpika wrote:Encountered a few issues..walking to the left after the final choice freezes the game.

Fixed! Thanks!

ltpika wrote:Got a call about the stripper ending even though I cashed in my phone.

Fixed! Thanks!

ltpika wrote:Not glitches but suggestions: simplify map, way too many unused areas and it's easy to get lost, especially with the up/down confusion.

Agreed. Next release will have a different map. Probably just walking left to right.

ltpika wrote: The cursor has to many useless options, as walk/interact/item is all you'll ever need. Don't know if that's something you can change or if it's built into the engine.

Also agreed. I quickly looked through to see if I could get rid of look at or talk to, but didn't see a way. I will keep searching.

tlaero wrote:I downloaded the WinZip version, but the game itself is an exe, so I decided against running it.

The game is an exe. I looked into making it an html5 game, but the size was too big. In the most recent upload I used jpg compression, it will change the size of the game on your hard drive, but not the download. All images in AGS are based on the pixel size of the image, and nothing else. Using higher or lower quality images won't matter. Thanks for your suggestions!

So I did put the link back up to download the game. I really appreciate all the feedback so far!
stevedirt
great white shark

Postby Greyelf » Fri, 14Oct31 00:34

stevedirt wrote:
ltpika wrote: The cursor has to many useless options, as walk/interact/item is all you'll ever need. Don't know if that's something you can change or if it's built into the engine.

Also agreed. I quickly looked through to see if I could get rid of look at or talk to, but didn't see a way. I will keep searching.

Look at the Mouse.DisableMode function, it should help.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby ttant » Sat, 14Nov01 00:11

Little issue with elise: if you met here and go back to your place, she calls you to meet her (you already have done that). if you return where she wants to meet you, there is no one there.
ttant
star of the reef

Postby stevedirt » Sat, 14Nov01 00:50

ttant wrote:Little issue with elise: if you met here and go back to your place, she calls you to meet her (you already have done that). if you return where she wants to meet you, there is no one there.

Fixed, thanks! Next update (tomorrow) will have that fixed.

Greyelf wrote:Look at the Mouse.DisableMode function, it should help.

Got it! Next update (tomorrow) will only have interact and walk. Next game I will use more of the mouse functions.

Also I added a map to the game for easy navigation. On the current update.

Thanks again everyone for helping out!
stevedirt
great white shark

Postby TeineWolf » Tue, 14Nov04 06:48

Pretty good for a first game. Considering you are creating your own graphical environment to work in. I liked the fact that the women weren't universal big breasted Barbi's, and you had some variety. The visual interface needs a little bit of work, but that's something to do when you have your engine figured out.

Animation was basic, but I really liked the small touches you added, at the end of scenes. See a lot of potential in your work, but, work is what will make you, and the games better. There was some small trigger issues, but in these the flash versions of these games, that's common.

The double trigger I had, if IRC. Was going to the library, having the conversation. Then going right to the date at the bar. I'll try to remember the sequence. In one arc (game) the second chat and the date were separate. In a different test arc. The second chat, went right to date. Then that date was repeatable.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby stevedirt » Wed, 14Nov05 02:36

TeineWolf wrote:The double trigger I had, if IRC. Was going to the library, having the conversation. Then going right to the date at the bar. I'll try to remember the sequence. In one arc (game) the second chat and the date were separate. In a different test arc. The second chat, went right to date. Then that date was repeatable.

Got that fixed, and will upload it tomorrow.

I appreciate the feedback.
I agree that the user interface needs some more work. I know in area's the guy is disproportionate to the space he is in. Being an impatient person didn't help me there.

Thanks again!
stevedirt
great white shark

Postby TeineWolf » Wed, 14Nov05 05:53

stevedirt wrote:Got that fixed, and will upload it tomorrow.

I appreciate the feedback.
I agree that the user interface needs some more work. I know in area's the guy is disproportionate to the space he is in. Being an impatient person didn't help me there.

Thanks again!

No problem, glad to be of help. When I start digging through games. I tend to try and look at them functionally, and then artistically. Plus somewhere down the road, planning to do website about adult gaming. So I try to look at adult games, as where they came, and where they are going. This community is a great place, to see developers just doing that.

So later in the week, I'll give the game another whirl. And let you know if I find anything else, that might need tweaking. Your models can always be updated later. As your engine stabilizes, and you become more confident as an artist. There's no way I could do, what a lot of people look easy, here.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Projects