Haunted Island Game - Testing & Opinions

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Haunted Island Game - Testing & Opinions

Postby TeineWolf » Thu, 14Jul24 02:37

As per my post in Gamcore, here's a few ideas for you to consider.

The main one, is to change your mini-game controls. Your timing game, might be more interesting. If you changed it from hitting the center circle. To two targets, on opposite ends. The idea being the game is reflecting the timing of the character. The game can be rotated depending if the action is L-R or U-D.

When it comes to controlling a character, like during the sex scene on the beach. I found the idea of timing just one direction, a little distracting. A suggestion might to change the control to both directions. Placing the game rather on the side of the screen. Super impose it, over the female characters torso. With the range of the control, reflecting the range of the character. In other words. The player would have to time correctly, the movement of the mouse. From the top of the females chest, down to the groin of the male. Then reverse the course. The timing would be based on the up/down of that action.

It would allow the player to focus on the animation, rather than having to look to the side, to make sure they timing prompt appears.

Something that might be more appealing to a game player. Is to change the highlight effect Like when the character is look for a books. Use an aura effect, rather than a particle effect. For example, when the player highlights the book. A dark light bulb appears, and keeps glowing brighter, until the character responds. When the guy on the beach disappears. Similar idea. For example. The character starts to fade, gets misty, then dissolves from the screen.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby arnii » Thu, 14Jul24 19:28

Hi TeineWolf

As per my post in Gamcore, here's a few ideas for you to consider.

The main one, is to change your mini-game controls. Your timing game, might be more interesting. If you changed it from hitting the center circle. To two targets, on opposite ends. The idea being the game is reflecting the timing of the character. The game can be rotated depending if the action is L-R or U-D.

I think this game works best with the boat (partly because this is away from the sex scenarios so is less distracting), and I am developing a similar game for episode two. I am getting to grips with some more sophisticated physics engines that will make this a bit more dynamic, so I will probably move away from a simple timing game altogether. I will definitely look into having a vertical/horizontal aspect should it be necessary.

When it comes to controlling a character, like during the sex scene on the beach. I found the idea of timing just one direction, a little distracting. A suggestion might to change the control to both directions. Placing the game rather on the side of the screen. Super impose it, over the female characters torso. With the range of the control, reflecting the range of the character. In other words. The player would have to time correctly, the movement of the mouse. From the top of the females chest, down to the groin of the male. Then reverse the course. The timing would be based on the up/down of that action.

It would allow the player to focus on the animation, rather than having to look to the side, to make sure they timing prompt appears.

I think that having a game during the sex scenes (i.e. a game where you score points) proved generally distracting. I have replaced this with a general interactive scene where you can control the movement and which gets progressively more interesting. There were also some resource issues with the emitter object here (which produces the heart sprites), which meant that the game has a tendency to hang here on lower-spec devices.

Something that might be more appealing to a game player. Is to change the highlight effect Like when the character is look for a books. Use an aura effect, rather than a particle effect. For example, when the player highlights the book. A dark light bulb appears, and keeps glowing brighter, until the character responds. When the guy on the beach disappears. Similar idea. For example. The character starts to fade, gets misty, then dissolves from the screen.

Some nice ideas, certainly the light bulb idea would work. I think the idea for the man disappearing might be good too - while the swipe is what I really wanted (particularly for things like the bakini string and the cut-throat), it has caused the most problems with players.

Thanks for the comments, episode two is still weeks away but if you are interested in helping me test it, let me know (PM me).

Arnii
arnii
great white shark

Postby Bonhomie » Fri, 14Aug01 09:54

I am struggling to play this.
From your home page I click on the Part One pic and the game does not load - I get the hint box and the Twitter box, but no game.

It works in Firefox, but you have said IE works better.
Same problem over at Gamcore in IE

I am guesing it is probably some blocker on my PC, but I cannot work it out - plenty of other stuff seems to work ok.

Still, I like what I see and cannot wait for the MILF action ..................... [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby arnii » Fri, 14Aug01 12:54

I'll look into it. Is there any message on your JavaScript console?
arnii
great white shark

Postby TeineWolf » Mon, 14Aug04 05:54

arnii wrote:I'll look into it. Is there any message on your JavaScript console?
I had a lot of javascript issues with Firefox/Waterfox. Still the games loaded in Firefox/Waterfox and Internet Explorer. If the game load screen is hanging, you might want to get a new flash player. Best thing to do, is get the most recent one, from Adobe. Other party flash players, that over ride Adobe's, has caused me problems in the past.

So if the java is up to date, I'd suggest getting the Adobe Flash Player. A lot of sites promote their version of Flash, but they also tend to be buggy. They might have to check there plug-ins, to see if there's any conflicts. It can't be the game. Because I checked both Arnii's site, and Gamcores.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby arnii » Mon, 14Aug04 21:23

Bonhomie wrote:I am struggling to play this.
From your home page I click on the Part One pic and the game does not load - I get the hint box and the Twitter box, but no game.

It works in Firefox, but you have said IE works better.
Same problem over at Gamcore in IE

I am guesing it is probably some blocker on my PC, but I cannot work it out - plenty of other stuff seems to work ok.

Still, I like what I see and cannot wait for the MILF action ..................... [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

I think most of the issues with firefox are now resolved. I have done a fair bit of work to optimize the code which has helped. Next update I think I will remove that warning.
arnii
great white shark

Postby TeineWolf » Sat, 14Sep27 23:33

If this game is on Gamcore, but how come it hasn't made it to "Play Force One". Is there a process, or criteria. For a game to make it, onto Leo's site?
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby arnii » Mon, 14Sep29 15:06

TeineWolf wrote:If this game is on Gamcore, but how come it hasn't made it to "Play Force One". Is there a process, or criteria. For a game to make it, onto Leo's site?

I contacted them, but got no reply - so I don't know if there is a criteria or system for approval. I may be biased, but I think my 2 games are better that a lot of the stuff that gets posted there [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] Oh well.

Second episode should be going up on gamcore soon - along with one or two other sites.
arnii
great white shark

Postby TeineWolf » Mon, 14Sep29 23:34

arnii wrote:
TeineWolf wrote:If this game is on Gamcore, but how come it hasn't made it to "Play Force One". Is there a process, or criteria. For a game to make it, onto Leo's site?

I contacted them, but got no reply - so I don't know if there is a criteria or system for approval. I may be biased, but I think my 2 games are better that a lot of the stuff that gets posted there [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] Oh well.

Second episode should be going up on gamcore soon - along with one or two other sites.

That's kind of odd. I mean you are helping to promote Leo's work on your site. I thought he'd reciprocate. Because I notice a lot of the traditional/anime/flash, are becoming very westernized. I love the anime style, and the shift seems to be westernized it, and making overly cartoonish. Some of the better newer (non-Leo) games, are coming from within this community.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendetta » Sat, 14Oct04 15:45

Last edited by PinkVendetta on Thu, 14Nov27 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
PinkVendetta
star of the reef

sex: Female

Postby PinkVendetta » Sat, 14Oct04 16:53

PinkVendetta
star of the reef

Postby arnii » Sun, 14Oct05 01:20

PinkVendetta wrote:I finally got to the end of both games.

Part 2 ended sooner than I thought it would and part one is on a score page now I take it that is the end of the game also.

Few things I didn't like tho, the hint box is far to big and means you can be clicking for a while before you find the right spot, it only gets small when you need to click on Hannahs pussy.

When an action is needed the constant hand in place of cursor makes it hard to find the right spot, maybe have the cursor only and hand appears when you are on the right spot, the artwork is great on both games, animation is good also, girls are beautiful.

I was confused tho by the score screen and wasn't until I pressed H, that the options for re loop or end game became clear and what to do, on your site, do you have a members area to join up on?

Overall, nice work on both games.

Hannah

Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you liked the games. there have been some issues with the game freezing occasionally - I am working on fixing this, but have very little time at the moment. Most people seem to be playing through the game without problems.

It also seems like there might be a problem at the end of the game as that should be clearer what to do.

Changing the cursor is an option that has been suggested before. I have resisted doing this so far as many browsers don't support this feature.i may look at this again for the next game.

As for episode length, because resources are being preloaded and the games are quite big it makes sense to keep them short to save money on server costs and so people aren't waiting ages to start playing. Also, I want to build a following, so producing games more regularly will help show that I am active and always working on new stuff.

I always appreciate good suggestions and try hard to incorporate what people suggest into my games, so feel free to message me or email if you have any other suggestions.

Arnii
arnii
great white shark

Postby PinkVendetta » Mon, 14Oct06 18:23

PinkVendetta
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendetta » Fri, 14Oct10 21:19

Last edited by PinkVendetta on Fri, 14Nov28 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
PinkVendetta
star of the reef

Postby arnii » Fri, 14Oct10 21:57

PinkVendetta wrote:I know its early yet, but any update on part 3?

I really haven't even started yet - beyond testing a couple of ideas for the mini-games that is. I am pretty busy at the moment with my day job. I think realistically the best I can do will be to have the next episode done for December (but no promises).

I will update people as much as possible - response to episode 2 has been very positive so far so that makes me want to make episode 3 even better :)
arnii
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Projects