Uni Dreams Demo ***V2.2***

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Uni Dreams Demo ***V2.2***

Postby sylakone2 » Sun, 12Oct28 01:47

@ Tlaero

Hi Tlaero thanks for yout tutorial on changing check files to _games.js.
I got it working well I think I might try to do it from now on although i think the _game.js will get a lot larger :)

Thanks again for your help.
Also I am looking forward to your tutorial on the 32 varaibles in one cookie.
I didn't realise I almost have 50 variables already since i didn't know about the cookie limit.

I am also looking into that altered example that wagner put up to see if I can work it out.

I'm also reading through the advice that me3 put up.

Thanks all I love this kind of community forum where other uses are happy to help out.

Sylakone
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Sun, 12Oct28 05:34

_game.js will get longer, yes, but you'll have all of the checks in the same place. That way, if you decide to change something, it'll be easier to find all the places that need to change.

me3 and wagner are right that I should clean up the variable code rather than make you do the bit packing yourself. I'll do that eventually. If you want to work on something, convert your check html files and then convert your game to AC3. That way, when I fix the variables, you won't need to do anything but download the fixed version and replace functions.js.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby wagner » Mon, 12Oct29 18:24

sylakone2 wrote:I am also looking into that altered example that wagner put up to see if I can work it out.

All the meat was in function.js, and as tlaero said, you just need to replace that. However, in the example I put up, you need to include those additional two javascript files for JSON and base64 encoding at the top of each page.
wagner
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Tue, 12Oct30 03:54

AdventureCreator doesn't add the extra javascript includes, so even if he added them, they'd get removed the next time he edited the file in AC. Syl, don't worry about it. I'll have a solution for you before you run out of variables.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby sylakone2 » Tue, 12Oct30 07:50

No worries thanks heaps Tlaero and everybody else for there input.

I look forward to your solution :)

Sylakone
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby ZaphodB » Wed, 12Oct31 21:54

Just had a quick play with this. Good choice of scenario and was intrigued to see what will happen with the rest of the game considering all the setups. Keep up the good work. I suppose the one thing which bugged me a little was looking round for a place to click and maybe a little more interaction given there was several occasions where the women kept talking without the chance of response. I did like the talking to the chest/face option and that the girl's toilet had a foreign toilet in it - just a bit of detail to make those exchange students feel happy?

I'll go back to playing it some more but given that the story has not progressed very far it might be difficult to tell between a bug and a convenience.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby sylakone2 » Thu, 12Nov01 10:42

Thanks for the Feedback

The only convos I can think of where the girls just talk on was with the Mistress I didn't think i made many more than that.

Pretty much all of the other convos have a lot of interaction which ones did you find a little long?
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby ZaphodB » Tue, 12Nov06 19:52

sylakone2 wrote:Thanks for the Feedback

The only convos I can think of where the girls just talk on was with the Mistress I didn't think i made many more than that.

Pretty much all of the other convos have a lot of interaction which ones did you find a little long?

From what I remember the one by the swimming pool when you go up to the girl having her lunch and I guess the one with the HM but that's OK she's just giving rules. Looking forward to future developments.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Wed, 12Nov07 06:32

Syl, I updated adventure creator to extend the number of variables. I'll test it some more and maybe add another tutorial, then upload this weekend or so.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby sylakone2 » Wed, 12Nov07 11:41

Excellent thanks for you hard work Tlaero

I look forward to it. ;)
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby seprium » Wed, 12Nov28 16:17

How's the progress going?

i loved the Demo!
seprium
sirens hunter

Postby sylakone2 » Wed, 12Nov28 22:26

Hi Seprium

I just recently converted it to AC 3 and have been doing some testing in that environment. I have completed most of the day 3 Flow Charts.

So hopefully soon I will have time to start some more work on it.

Christmas holidays aren't far away, I might get a chance during then to put some good hours into it.

I'm glad you like the demo.

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby xortan » Sat, 12Dec29 19:23

Hey!
I can only say the same as I said to the other project I'm really waiting for, please tell me you haven't given up :) Lot of people are waiting for it :)
xortan
great white shark

Postby sylakone2 » Mon, 12Dec31 05:51

xortan wrote:Hey!
I can only say the same as I said to the other project I'm really waiting for, please tell me you haven't given up :) Lot of people are waiting for it :)

I have not given up although I was hoping to get a chance to do a lot of work on it during the Christmas break.
Unfortunately due to the in-laws staying here I was unable to get any opportunity.
Hopefully on my next holiday break I will get a chance.
I might get some chances to on the weekend as well.

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby SYH » Tue, 13Jan01 05:29

sylakone2 wrote:
xortan wrote:Hey!

I have not given up although I was hoping to get a chance to do a lot of work on it during the Christmas break.
Unfortunately due to the in-laws staying here I was unable to get any opportunity.
Hopefully on my next holiday break I will get a chance.
I might get some chances to on the weekend as well.

Sy

Heh, I'm staying with my in-laws right now. It's been hectic for me--and I'm only a guest!

Thanks for the update Sy.
SYH
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Projects