Looking for people to playtest

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Looking for people to playtest

Postby lamont Sanford » Sun, 12Feb12 02:53

Still dead in the water. I am hoping the bug get's fixed eventually but that can be a ways off. If there is any progress to report I will post it.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby ltpika » Sun, 12Feb12 09:45

Have you tried asking for help on aif sites? Might be people who've had similar issues with inform.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby TheBrain » Sun, 12Feb12 18:59

lamont Sanford wrote:Still dead in the water. I am hoping the bug get's fixed eventually but that can be a ways off. If there is any progress to report I will post it.

I do hope you don't let the bug stand in the way of your progress. If I understand it correctly the amount of images causes issues, then the simple solution is to cut down the number of images (and replace it with some placeholder text or something) until the bug gets fixed. This won't change a lot about testing the game, there's not that much than can go wrong with images, while you are able to further develop and test the actual game mechanics.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Sun, 12Feb12 20:18

ltpika wrote:Have you tried asking for help on aif sites? Might be people who've had similar issues with inform.

I am talking directly with the guy who developed the windows version of inform itself so if anyone would know it would be him lol. Each version of inform has a lead developer but inform itself is a collaboration of multiple people who do it in their spare time, the bug is reported and in the pipeline with all the others, the timetable of when it get's addressed is unknown though.

TheBrain wrote:
lamont Sanford wrote:Still dead in the water. I am hoping the bug get's fixed eventually but that can be a ways off. If there is any progress to report I will post it.

I do hope you don't let the bug stand in the way of your progress. If I understand it correctly the amount of images causes issues, then the simple solution is to cut down the number of images (and replace it with some placeholder text or something) until the bug gets fixed. This won't change a lot about testing the game, there's not that much than can go wrong with images, while you are able to further develop and test the actual game mechanics.

I had a stripped down version that I use to test, it is very similar to the official version with the exclusion of pictures. The problem is the game is pretty reliant of pictures and without them may make little sense. On a suggestion I tried doing another copy of the game, this time it had all the code with the pictures BUT the pictures were removed. It still leads to an error when in theory since there is no pictures in the figures folder is shouldnt. This may be a new separate bug, I emailed him this a few days ago and he is looking into it. Soon if things still are where they stand I may begin thinking of contingency plans. Either (A) adding pictures to a copy little by little til I find the "tipping point" where it crashes..(this will take awhile) or (B) Figuring out if it is possible to split the game in 2 parts and doing it that way, this is the worst possible choice for multiple reasons and will only be a last resort.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby william » Thu, 12Mar01 00:35

Hi Lamont,

I'd be happy to assist in testing your game. :)
william
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 12Mar01 03:56

I started the process of splitting the game into 2 parts since it seems that waiting for the bug in inform to be fixed is a lost cause. It will be awhile before it is anywhere near ready, there are aspects of doing this that I have no idea how I am going to tackle, guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it. I will check in with any progress I make.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Fri, 12Mar02 05:04

Just checking in to say I made some real progress today. Split the game in 2 pieces and im starting to test out the first (easiest) part. The real hard part will be part 2 since I need to carry over a bunch of variables to the second part which is a real test of my damn patience . Anyway this was the first time I felt any forward momentum in forever. Will check back in soon.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby rabbie » Fri, 12Mar02 05:23

Good to see you are making progress [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
rabbie
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby lamont Sanford » Mon, 12Mar05 00:36

Ok good news, will be ready to start testing quite soon, I will contact the people who were interested via PM with links soon.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby Graen » Mon, 12Mar05 01:52

Good luck with your testing Lamont.

To the Testers: Provide feedback on everything, no matter how trivial it may seem!
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 12Mar08 01:13

OK check your PM's
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Sat, 12Mar10 18:18

Thank you for the feedback so far. Got alot of work ahead of me.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby PapaSmurf » Sun, 12Mar18 08:59

if u need anymore testers i be happy to help
PapaSmurf
lagoon predator

Postby lamont Sanford » Sun, 12Mar18 17:57

V 1.1 should be ready to test soonish.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby psycho72 » Mon, 12Mar19 05:22

lamont Sanford wrote:V 1.1 should be ready to test soonish.

look forward to the same
psycho72
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Projects