Daz3D 4 released

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Daz3D 4 released

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 11Nov26 01:31

Even if what you require is specific to tlaero's HTML tool then ask anyway. Chances are that someone who is acquainted with it can answer anyway. That said, tlaero visits frequently and is sure give some direction.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby nextgen » Sat, 11Nov26 03:08

So far friend i am having a bit of trouble getting a few files to show up, other then that it is a steep learning curve away from Photoshop and 2D editing. I have been on this site for the most of the last week and read just about all posts and lloked over a lot of images and i was amazed and could not wait to get started. You guys are awesome.
All the world is a game, Enjoy !!
nextgen
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Sat, 11Nov26 03:44

Ask away. We'll answer what we can. What files are giving you trouble?

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby nextgen » Sat, 11Dec03 16:41

Well in Version 3 all of the textures etc showed up in a pane on my left side of Daz but in 4 i now know that they are in a seperate window. I love this software so far. I almost have a complete model done and ready to show here but want her skin perfect and that is proving a bit tougher then expected but i will get it. Any skin coloring tips would be just awesome.
All the world is a game, Enjoy !!
nextgen
sirens hunter

Postby Norse Graphics » Sat, 11Dec03 19:07

I usually see if the bump-settings are looking good. Not too little or too much (pockmarks). But it also depends on which skin you use, some are incredible.
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby Norse Graphics » Mon, 11Dec05 03:10

Next time I see spam, I need the IP so I can beat them unconscious. [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img]
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby Erubyr » Tue, 11Dec13 20:39

I have been working on an office dating game using tlaeros fantastic adventurecreation tool and started to look for a way to create the all important graphics. I had first downloaded 3d Sexvilla II Everlust, but read that its backgrounds and rendering are not very good. Took a look at Daz 4 after reading about it here and that does look promissing. But it seems like a steep investment to create (free) games, I was checking out some suit add-ons and found out many of them require other add-ons. What is your experience, what should we expect to have to spend to make a basic game?
Erubyr
great white shark

Postby fleet » Wed, 11Dec14 00:41

Erubyr wrote:I have been working on an office dating game using tlaeros fantastic adventurecreation tool and started to look for a way to create the all important graphics. I had first downloaded 3d Sexvilla II Everlust, but read that its backgrounds and rendering are not very good. Took a look at Daz 4 after reading about it here and that does look promissing. But it seems like a steep investment to create (free) games, I was checking out some suit add-ons and found out many of them require other add-ons. What is your experience, what should we expect to have to spend to make a basic game?

You could download one of the free versions of DAZ Studio (I use DAZ Studio 3); there are lots of free resources available. The DAZ freepozitory is a centralized place to start looking for free characters, clothing, hair, textures and backgrounds.
Here's a link http://forum.daz3d.com/viewforum.php?f= ... b6cc2a7ba6
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby tlaero » Wed, 11Dec14 03:02

I'm a fan of Daz3D myself. As Fleet said, there's a lot of free stuff available to work with.

The basic choice you need to make at this point is Victoria 4 or Genesis. V4 has been around for a number of years and has the most stuff created for her. Genesis is the future and will end up replacing her eventually. Victoria 5 is a Genesis character, for instance.

The free version of Daz3D 4 comes with the basic Genesis character. I believe the base V4 character is also free and will work in both Daz3D 4 and 3. So you might as well get Daz3D 4.

https://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=12194

The most important thing you're going to need to buy is Morphs. These are what let you turn the base characters into different people.

If you want to go with V4, the most important set of morphs are called Morphs++ and come with this bundle (which is currently on sale for $25):
https://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=4781

If you're going with Genesis, you want the $32 Morph bundle:
https://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=12989

Either is a reasonable way to go.

Note, however, that the clothes written for V4 won't necessarily fit on Genesis. So you may be better off with V4 for now. The other option is to buy the Autofit tool, which makes V4 clothing fit on Genesis.
https://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=12666

Alternately, you go with Daz3D Advanced, which comes with the AutoFit tool but is pretty expensive.
https://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=13174

For the cheapest initial investment, I'd go with the free Daz3D 4 and the V4 complete bundle. Total cost $25 if you get it before the end of the year. Note that, if in the future you want to move to Genesis, there's a $20 tool to import V4 morphs into Genesis. So you really can't go wrong with V4 at the moment.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Norse Graphics » Wed, 11Dec14 06:19

I don't even want to think how much I've spent on this hobby (rendering pretty pictures).
For a browse, you could take a peek at what I've done. Some I'm proud of, some I'm not
that proud, but looks at it as a learning experience. One of the later ones that I made:

Used Photoshop to finalize this and add things that I didn't render (beard, blood,
text etc.).

Little postwork, but more what you'd after (pretty ladies).
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby Greebo » Wed, 11Dec14 11:15

Sorry to disappoint you, but I find those teeth too artificial looking -- almost like joke shop teeth or badly made dentures. That''s my only real criticism, albeit one you probably could do without, but please don't let it put you off being creative.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Norse Graphics » Wed, 11Dec14 17:02

I could probably increase specularity a bit, but other than that.
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby Greebo » Wed, 11Dec14 17:45

It's not so much texture, although that could possibly be improved, but rather the entire set coming down too far from the upper jaw like halloween joke teeth (or Austin Powers! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] ), along with a too regular and slablike 'tombstone' effect such as we English used to see with NHS dentures, back when they were mass produced with no regard to natural aesthetics. I know vampires might have an affinity with tombstones, but I suspect they might also be quite vain about neat, sharp teeth.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Norse Graphics » Wed, 11Dec14 17:52

An English vampiress been subject to the NHS? :D
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby Greebo » Wed, 11Dec14 20:20

Maybe she's old enough to have had those installed in the 1950s -- you never know with vampires! :lol:
This created a double post, I deleted the second. Lou
Greebo
Great Master of corals

PreviousNext

Return to Projects