dartmoth manor questions

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: dartmoth manor questions

Postby lydia » Thu, 10Jun10 03:49

machamp623 wrote : I also have plenty of time to play through your game.
Im pretty good at finting bugs too!
haha

I do want to make sure people are aware that the game is a demo so there are no misunderstandings. Bug testing would be great as well as your impressions/suggestions on the game. It's a little hard to have the full game picture without more of the content in place, but it's already proved helpful as players have had great suggestions on what could be added to the game.

I plan to send the file link out this friday or saturday. Then to hear from players the following weekend. From there correct located bugs, consider player suggestions, and resume adding new content.

Thanks for your interest to test. Hope you enjoy the game.
lydia
great white shark

Postby petuchi10 » Thu, 10Jun10 10:07

Lydia,

Sign me up! I look forward to getting a PM from you with the link (if that is in fact the way you plan to send it).

Best of luck with the game! I'm so anxious to get started!
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby lydia » Fri, 10Jun11 02:58

petuchi10 wrote : Lydia,

Sign me up! I look forward to getting a PM from you with the link (if that is in fact the way you plan to send it).

Best of luck with the game! I'm so anxious to get started!

Just wanted to make sure I was clear that it was a demo and what I was looking for with the testing. Glad to have you as part of the team. I will be sending you a pm for the link which will have the notes I mentioned as well. Just looking to put a few touches on the game before sending out the link either friday or saturday. Happy gaming.
lydia
great white shark

Postby lydia » Sat, 10Jun12 03:16

Game Update

I've completed the latest demo version and have sent out the link via pm to those who were kind enough to volunteer for testing. Thanks again for doing so. I hope you enjoy the game.
lydia
great white shark

Postby machamp623 » Mon, 10Jun14 01:53

Lydia I PMed you wit hmy opinions ad any bugs i found
machamp623
lagoon predator

Postby lydia » Mon, 10Jun14 03:02

machamp623 wrote : Lydia I PMed you wit hmy opinions ad any bugs i found

I checked my pm and I only had the message that you had received the file. Not sure why it hasn't come across yet. Maybe it will be there later. Thanks again for testing.

Edit: Still no luck with your pm. Would you mind sending another so that I have your input?
lydia
great white shark

Postby Henrik » Wed, 10Jun16 10:21

lydia, I'm getting ready to start a second play-through in a bit. Would you like feedback here or via pm?
Henrik
great white shark

Postby machamp623 » Wed, 10Jun16 20:26

Alright I sent it again. Heres hoping it gets to you
machamp623
lagoon predator

Postby lydia » Thu, 10Jun17 03:17

Henrik wrote : lydia, I'm getting ready to start a second play-through in a bit. Would you like feedback here or via pm?

I think the pm makes more sense as the link wasn't posted to the forum. I wanted to have a small testing of the game. I'm curious to see what your impressions are.
lydia
great white shark

Postby lydia » Thu, 10Jun17 03:18

machamp623 wrote : Alright I sent it again. Heres hoping it gets to you

Thanks for the second message. This one appears to have taken as it shows I have a message from you.
lydia
great white shark

Postby petuchi10 » Sat, 10Jun19 09:21

Lydia,

I just sent you a PM with my thoughts/impressions about the game. I hope they're helpful to you.
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby lydia » Sun, 10Jun20 04:14

petuchi10 wrote : Lydia,

I just sent you a PM with my thoughts/impressions about the game. I hope they're helpful to you.

I'm sure that they will be. Thanks for testing.
lydia
great white shark

Postby lydia » Sun, 10Jun20 05:01

I have had several players mention that the introduction to the game was a little hard to follow in some sections. Plus that they weren't sure what the 'goals' of the game are. Would it be helpful to have the visiting player character summarize wat has happened and state the goals of the game prior to leaving the room to begin exploring his new world?
lydia
great white shark

Postby petuchi10 » Sun, 10Jun20 09:50

Lydia:

I just PM'd you in regard to your last post about the opening text of the game and the goals of the game. I hope they are helpful in whatever you decide to do.
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby lydia » Mon, 10Jun28 07:37

petuchi10 wrote : Lydia:

I just PM'd you in regard to your last post about the opening text of the game and the goals of the game. I hope they are helpful in whatever you decide to do.

Thanks again for sharing your impressions. I've been doing a lot of cleanup based on the testing and my own findings. It's good to have a clean version to be able to share now. All the text means that there is a lot of content to sort through beyond the number of actions.

I'm filling out more of the storyline since it now takes place over 5 days instead of the two from the earlier version. Also adding player choices to increase the game like feel beyond choosing where to go. Still not sure at what point would make for a good general update. With the various intended paths, there's still a number of stories to write before the game is completed. Thus there will be something more that will follow an update for some time. I find updates helpful for including player impressions while revisions are still fairly easily managed instead of trying to revise an intended completed project. Any suggestions?
lydia
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Projects